Gransnet forums

News & politics

Terrorist shootings in Munich

(33 Posts)
rosesarered Sat 23-Jul-16 11:24:34

It seems only one gunman( only 18!) of Iranian/German nationality.

Luckylegs9 Sat 23-Jul-16 08:20:17

It is impossible to know when and where the atrocities will strike. The world seems a very unsafe place. I love travelling, it's in my blood I think, but am now altering my view. My heart goes out to all those victims in Munich

merlotgran Fri 22-Jul-16 22:59:31

If News reports are correct it seems that children have been targeted again. sad

merlotgran Fri 22-Jul-16 22:43:21

We've just been saying the same thing, Luckygirl.

During the IRA atrocities, DH wanted to take DS, who was only seven, to the Smithfield Agricultural Show at Earls Court because he used to get free tickets every year. I wouldn't let him go because there had been threats.

It turned out the threats were from anti-fur campaigners and not the IRA.

There's always been something somewhere to worry about but I fear this is all going to escalate.

Nowhere can really claim to be safe.

Cherrytree59 Fri 22-Jul-16 22:37:57

sad and angry

Luckygirl Fri 22-Jul-16 22:29:24

I keep reminding myself that in some ways this is nothing new. The IRA and the Bade-Meinhof gang blighted the news for most of my young adult life. A shop exploded behind me in Brum on one occasion.

I know that this has a more global feel to it, but it is all part of what seems to repeat itself endlessly - it makes you want to despair. But I won't.

whitewave Fri 22-Jul-16 22:19:03

It feels as if we are on the brink of something dreadful. Hopefully it's just my reaction.

rosesarered Fri 22-Jul-16 22:16:43

Yet more terrorist killings (in Germany, this time) will it never end!