News & politics

"The way it's been for thousands of years"

(31 Posts)
DaphneBroon Tue 09-Aug-16 20:16:03

You couldn't make it up!! gringrin
politicalo.com/sarah-palin-youre-america-speak-american-way-thousands-years/

phoenix Wed 10-Aug-16 01:11:57

Jalima grin

Durhamjen I am in complete agreement with you (possibly for the first time?!) This thing that "foreigners" might have lower hygiene standards really makes my blood boil!

We have a "friend" that has actually said, after watching the competition programme about B&B's (3in a bed?) that he wouldn't want to eat a breakfast cooked by a gay person!shock

Why on earth would anyone think that "foreigners" or non straight people would have different hygiene standards from those that are heterosexual or nationals of the country in which you happen to reside?

Unbelievable!!

phoenix Wed 10-Aug-16 01:13:44

NOT nationals! (Is what I meant!)

durhamjen Wed 10-Aug-16 11:48:44

I am sure you have agreed with me once before, phoenix.
Not going to look for it, though.

If the same thing was said in this country, wouldn't it go to court, like the B&B owners who wouldn't let gay people stay in their properties?

Christinefrance Wed 10-Aug-16 16:32:18

Don't lets generalise here, Palin, Bush, Trump don't speak for the entire American nation. However stupid they are there are many other intelligent articulate Americans.

Jalima Wed 10-Aug-16 16:40:14

But wasn't she elected Governor of Alaska? So there must be at least half the population there who agree with her (or don't know any better).
And looking at the crowds baying for Trump, well, we watch with disbelief.

I did have an American boss many years ago, a lovely man who was more like a tweedy old Oxford professor, certainly not a brash ignorant Trumpalin.