Gransnet forums

News & politics

Hilary Clinton

(117 Posts)
Galen Sun 06-Nov-16 23:20:27

I see the FBI have stated that there is no further case to answer.
Will this affect the election?

sweetpea Mon 07-Nov-16 11:45:05

If Trump loses, he won't go down lightly.

Rigby46 Mon 07-Nov-16 11:47:21

Im68Now - and the reason for your disgraceful post was?

tanith Mon 07-Nov-16 11:48:58

I'm very afraid I see trouble ahead for our American friends whichever party wins. Trump won't take losing lying down and nor will his many gun toting supporters. I know several people who just have given up trying to decide the lesser of two evils (its how they put it) and aren't going to vote for either and I think that will only help Trump.

durhamjen Mon 07-Nov-16 11:58:01

I was rather bemused by the speed at which Trump was rushed off stage when the Republican against Trump was rushed and somebody shouted "Gun!"
There was no gun, just a placard, and I thought Trump liked guns and wanted more people to have them.

missdeke Mon 07-Nov-16 12:46:14

The whole shooting match has been nothing but a slanging contest. I have absolutely no idea about what their actual manifestos are.

Rhinestone Mon 07-Nov-16 12:56:55

As an American I can tell you that I never ever saw such rudeness, misbehavior and downright ugliness as I have in this campaign. We campaign far too long and waste money . Our system does not allow for more than two candidates to actually run and win, and in my opinion we need to get rid of the electoral college. Trump appeals to those who are sick of politics all together.
But he incited anger and hatred and violence in his followers. If he doesn't win I fear rioting . This is just an example of the world I suppose.

durhamjen Mon 07-Nov-16 13:03:20

Are you saying that Trump should be allowed to win because otherwise there will be rioting? Surely if you are sick of politics, you just don't vote.
Clinton is winning on both the electoral college and the popular vote.

Lindill49 Mon 07-Nov-16 13:09:41

We were in the States last month and chatting to people about the election. What people here don't realise is that for the past 8 years the country has been leaning so far left that the benefits system has become ridiculous. Did you know that Mr Obama has supplied all the down and outs on the streets with"Obama-phones" so they can collect their benefits more easily. The general population are up in arms. That's why Mr Trump has his followers despite being an idiot!

Ohwellnevermind Mon 07-Nov-16 13:23:22

Well it made me laugh ?

durhamjen Mon 07-Nov-16 13:27:33

Not exactly true, about Obamaphone. They get $9.50 per month to spend on communications, which could be towards a mobile, or towards broadband.
Have you seen I Daniel Blake? Do you know that all claimants in this coutry need to be able to access the internet to do jobsearching and to interact with the DWP?
Actually in the US, it's part of Lifeline, and was started by Regan.

www.fcc.gov/consumers/guides/lifeline-support-affordable-communications

Rigby46 Mon 07-Nov-16 13:35:21

Well Lindill49 I'd like a link to a well researched article with facts and figures on that because it doesn't square with anything I've read about their benefit system. And how would Obama have got it though?

Anya Mon 07-Nov-16 13:53:11

Lindill49 how difficult would you like to make it for people to collect their benefits?

Of course they should have to collect them the hard way after all if you're 'down and out' then you are a blight on society and should be treated like pariahs. Sometimes this scum can be seen begging on the street even and offending hard working, clean living WASPS passersby.

Trump will doubtless sort them out, along with non Christians, Hispanics, blacks and other undesirables. Trump is of course the ideal of white manhood, with his winning ways with women (love that cave man attitude) and his ability to deliver inspirational speeches as rousing as the Nuremberg Rallies to his hysterical and brain dead loyal supporters.

dizzygran Mon 07-Nov-16 13:58:06

Amazing.... Over 350M people in the US and the best they can come up with is Trump and Clinton...

durhamjen Mon 07-Nov-16 14:23:54

Clinton's chances of winning are improving by the hour according to 538 polling.

Ruth1958 Mon 07-Nov-16 14:33:56

.....and you SERIOUSLY think she's any better!

Ruth1958 Mon 07-Nov-16 14:35:21

U seem to be looking for an argument!

Ruth1958 Mon 07-Nov-16 14:36:36

There by the grace go you!

durhamjen Mon 07-Nov-16 14:39:24

Yes. They've got to have one or the other. I'd rather they had someone who had experience of talking to other heads of state and did not want to start world war three.

Do you SERIOUSLY think that Trump is a serious contender for the most important job in the world?
Do you want to see a wall built between Mexico and the USA?
Do you want to see more guns on the streets of the USA?
Do you want there to be people dying because there is no welfare safety net for the poorest?

durhamjen Mon 07-Nov-16 15:42:41

Clinton's chances just got better again.

GillT57 Mon 07-Nov-16 16:05:20

I dont like Hillary Clinton, her hectoring tone, her slightly dodgy dealings, and the way that the baton seems to keep being passed from Clinton to Bush ( with a break for Obama). BUT, she is not a narcissist, a liar, a bankrupt, molester, mocker of the disabled/minorities/women......He is disgusting and dangerous. A hard choice for US electorate, but I would choose an allegedly crooked but experienced candidate over the repellent Trump. I suspect he will win though, (dons hard hat) for the same reason that UK voted to leave EU, because this is the year when the electorate hit back at the establishment without realising what they are about to unleash. He won't last long though, soon realising that he is not in the board room, can't just scream 'You are fired!' when things don't go his way. His own team are unlikely to support him for heavens sake

durhamjen Mon 07-Nov-16 16:17:23

Clinton looks like getting nearly 300 of the electoral college votes. The winner needs 270.

durhamjen Mon 07-Nov-16 16:18:47

Trump needs Florida. Clinton has just overtaken him by a Brexit majority. Hope it stays that way.

durhamjen Mon 07-Nov-16 16:23:33

www.taxresearch.org.uk/Blog/2016/11/06/hope-is-what-i-am-sticking-with/

Applies to the whole world, as well as the US elections and Brexit.

grannypiper Mon 07-Nov-16 16:41:47

All along HC has counted on the pink vote, hoping that women will vote for her into the whitehouse as the first female president of the U.S.

Anya Mon 07-Nov-16 16:43:09

Ruth please clarify to whom you are addressing your questions.