Gransnet forums

News & politics

Trident failure

(56 Posts)
Luckygirl Sun 22-Jan-17 12:02:35

Lord above! - it just gets worse and worse.

daphnedill Sun 22-Jan-17 11:48:27

That's what worries me most about him.

vampirequeen Sun 22-Jan-17 11:36:57

And remember Donald Trump has his finger on our button. Do you really trust him to care about us? He was clear in his inauguration speech. America first. If it suits him he will happily see us die horrible deaths provided it helps America.

Do you really trust someone who said his country is protected by the men and women of Law Enforcement, the men and women of the Armed Forces and by God?

vampirequeen Sun 22-Jan-17 11:31:15

So we're spending all this money on WMD which don't even go where we send them whilst our NHS, education and social care systems are collapsing due to lack of funding.

Not surprised the government hid this failed test. This and previous governments have hidden a lot of things they didn't want us to know.

Who knew that each test missile costs £17 million? Would people be so keen on it if they realised that? Would MPs have voted for a system that can't even be proven to work?

Time to rethink and abandon Trident. We have lots of more pressing things to spend our money on. Things that our people need now not in a hypothetical future.

daphnedill Sun 22-Jan-17 11:22:46

Did you see Theresa May on Marr?

She refused absolutely to answer his question about whether she knew about the botched launch when Trident was discussed in Parliament.

trisher Sun 22-Jan-17 11:17:39

I am completely against Trident anyway but surely the fact that they aren't even sure where the missile will go when it is used is a reason to abandon it now. As for covering up the botched launch, well it's what I expect from this government.
news.sky.com/story/no-10-covered-up-botched-missile-test-weeks-before-trident-vote-10738472