Gransnet forums

News & politics

Understanding the Globalist argument

(48 Posts)
whitewave Fri 03-Feb-17 12:11:11

Yesterday mair who is a strong supporter of the following theory - and who frequently accuses others of being complicit in aiding the elite in globalist theory, Indicated that I knew nothing about this theory.

N.B. Globalist theory is not the same as globalization.

Home Page from the Globalist Theory

"The Globalist Agenda represents a plan to bring all of earths inhabitants under control of a single global state. There is a small but powerful group of individuals who are the architects and instigators behind the formation and impkementation of the "New World Order" Usinf their influence through international organisations such as the IMF world bank, Royal Institute of International Affairs, The council on Foreign Relations, UN NATO and hundreds of others, the objective of these globalists is nothing more than the subjugation of everyone on the planet as slaves to this one world order.

A government run by the same small group of elite that has ruled the masses for a very long time under various guises.
These elites are decendants of those that ruled for at least the past 200 years - kings and queens, bankers, robber barons, priests, and assorted subserviNt oligarchs and media represententatives.
All modern CEOs, scientists, professors, lawyers, heads of NGOs , politicians and media leaders are controlled by these elites buy buying them or brainwashing them to get what they say

It goes on and on a on in this vein..

Suffice it to say I totally reject mairs description of me as a Globalist extremist

Joelsnan Fri 03-Feb-17 12:39:35

Ohh, that description is a bit from the realms of 'Mystery and Imagination' (do you remember that programm). I used to be babysitting when it came on and would sometimes be scared out if my socks smile
There is no way this New World Order could ever gapped, we are too fractious as an entity, maybe we are pre programmed that way, we tend to clump into smalll groups with similarities and revel those with strong differences that might fracture the groups. Identity. Additionally and often based on size, the group itself will fracture into smaller units. The sects in religion are ideal descriptors.
We as species gave always been like this and probably always will be like this, it's in our DNA.
As you sa, Globalisation in trade us a very different issue.

Joelsnan Fri 03-Feb-17 12:40:56

Sorry for the predictive text changes, grrrrrr I should have checked before posting.

whitewave Fri 03-Feb-17 12:45:39

Personally I think the theorists are barking

MaizieD Fri 03-Feb-17 13:15:09

I'm not so sure that 'globalisation' isn't, in itself, a product of conspiracy theorists.

POGS Fri 03-Feb-17 13:36:35

WW

"Suffice it to say I totally reject mairs description of me as a Globalist extremist"

"Personally I think the theorists are barking"

Not sure of your intention in starting this thread due it's personal content against another poster. Is it to discuss / debate Globalism or to make your point against another poster, something you have been doing at the time the post by Mair was originally posted if I have the time line correct.

If it is to debate Globalism what do you think of Davos as an example when it Davos can be described as :-

'The World Economic Forum, committed to improving the state of the world, is the international organization for public-private cooperation.'

'The Davos meeting of political and business leaders aims to create the foremost global partnership of business , political, intellectual and other leaders of civil society to define and discuss the key issues on the global stage'

'Still, the World Economic Forum "has always been able to point to its role in oiling the wheels of a socially progressive, pro-globalisation alliance - safe in the knowledge that, to a greater or lesser extent, it was in harmony with the tide of history"'

Globalization is summed up well as ' the process by which businesses or other organizations develop international influence or start operating on an international scale.'

The way / the method that development is secured could well mean different things to different people. A lot of conspiracy theories abound but sometimes there just might be an 'odd flash ' of realism in a conspiracy theory , who knows the levels of secrecy adopted ensure we will never know?

I am not agreeing with Mair I am not agreeing nor disagreeing with anybody but it is fair enough for all posters to post freely their views. It is fair enough for those views to be equally challenged as you and others have adequately accomplished at the time those views were made known by Mair if I am not mistaken on another thread.

MaizieD Fri 03-Feb-17 13:49:50

Are you equating globalism with globalization, POGS?

Ana Fri 03-Feb-17 13:52:17

Well all 'globalism' means is the operation or planning of economic and foreign policy on a global basis.

whitewave Fri 03-Feb-17 14:00:19

No ana I simply outlined the theory that is globalism and went on to say that it is barking. Ana it has nothing to do with the dictionaries definition. Look it up for yourself and see if you don't think that they are as mad as a box of frogs.

pogs mair has more than once called me and other posters a hardline globalist extremist. I requested definition. She declined I looked it up and quoted from its first page - there are pages and pages of this twaddle - you can challenge me if you wish but I'm not the one who brought the subject up neither accused anyone of being a hardline globalist extremist. But having being told I am one I think I have every right to find out what one is then disagree.

rosesarered Fri 03-Feb-17 14:03:55

I expect that Mair will be along (with a chance to defend what she has said) which is only fair.

whitewave Fri 03-Feb-17 14:05:27

Well I wouldn't hold your breath on that one rose. She has consistently declined to date so you can make if that what you will.

whitewave Fri 03-Feb-17 14:05:51

Bugger I shouldn't have said that grin

Jalima Fri 03-Feb-17 14:12:21

Behave!

I am expecting visitors so can't read the thread but it looks interesting.
I may see you later (metaphorically speaking)

MaizieD Fri 03-Feb-17 14:13:44

I'm not sure that you read the definition of Globalist that WW gave in her OP, Ana.

Globalisation does not include a plan to bring all of earths inhabitants under control of a single global state. Unless, of course you can visualise the US, China and Russia in alliance to achieve that...

whitewave Fri 03-Feb-17 14:14:45

pogs just to say globalization has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with globalist theory.

We looked at globalization a while back.

whitewave Fri 03-Feb-17 14:15:53

Nor does it intend to make us all slaves and brainwash usgrin

POGS Fri 03-Feb-17 14:32:45

WW

Your posts are making me veer more towards this thread is more to do with your spat with Mair on another thread if I am being honest

Maizie D

I am not confusing anything in my opinion. I have contributed my thought and brought the subject of Davos up as an example.

Davos is where both Gloabalism and Globalization cross paths. Globalism means ' the operation or planning of economic and foreign policy on a global basis ', Globalization is ' the process by which businesses or other organizations develop international influence or start operating on an international scale.' Is that not the function of Davos ? If I were inclined to split hairs, dot the I and cross the T there maybe a flaw in my thought. Some may agree , some may not but that is my view.

I am not arguing just making my thought known for the purpose of discussion.

MaizieD Fri 03-Feb-17 14:37:08

I see what you're saying, POGS, but I think that the creation of a global state which globalists are apparently aimimg for is unlikely given the current state of international relations.

But we should be on our guard!

Ana Fri 03-Feb-17 14:41:02

I'm not sure that you read the definition of Globalist that WW gave in her OP, Ana.

Yes I did. And I gave the dictionary definition of 'globalism', that's all, as you asked if POGS was confusing 'globalism' with 'globalization' MaizieD.

MaizieD Fri 03-Feb-17 14:45:34

Sorry, I thought we were responding to the OP's discovery of the Globalist argument. The definition in the OP goes much further than the dictionary defintion.

durhamjen Fri 03-Feb-17 14:53:09

So who at Davos are the globalist extremists?
Would they tell us who is in overall control?
More to the point, do they know?

Ankers Fri 03-Feb-17 15:10:24

The Globalist Agenda represents a plan to bring all of earths inhabitants under control of a single global state.

daphnedill[before she went, and perhaps that is part of why she went[and may be back under a new name]] has said that she wants one world one government.

Ankers Fri 03-Feb-17 15:11:22

Revelation, last book in the Bible, speaks about one world one government.
Not that I understand it.

Ankers Fri 03-Feb-17 15:12:39

And certainly not saying that the world is coming to an end anytime soon!

Elegran Fri 03-Feb-17 15:27:35

No, Ankers, you are mistaken. I don't think that daphne said that she wanted one world government.

Don't confuse co-operation, trade agreements and cultural exchanges between nations on the one hand with world government having authority over all of them and homogenising them all into one on the other hand.