Gransnet forums

News & politics

Understanding the Globalist argument

(49 Posts)
whitewave Fri 03-Feb-17 12:11:11

Yesterday mair who is a strong supporter of the following theory - and who frequently accuses others of being complicit in aiding the elite in globalist theory, Indicated that I knew nothing about this theory.

N.B. Globalist theory is not the same as globalization.

Home Page from the Globalist Theory

"The Globalist Agenda represents a plan to bring all of earths inhabitants under control of a single global state. There is a small but powerful group of individuals who are the architects and instigators behind the formation and impkementation of the "New World Order" Usinf their influence through international organisations such as the IMF world bank, Royal Institute of International Affairs, The council on Foreign Relations, UN NATO and hundreds of others, the objective of these globalists is nothing more than the subjugation of everyone on the planet as slaves to this one world order.

A government run by the same small group of elite that has ruled the masses for a very long time under various guises.
These elites are decendants of those that ruled for at least the past 200 years - kings and queens, bankers, robber barons, priests, and assorted subserviNt oligarchs and media represententatives.
All modern CEOs, scientists, professors, lawyers, heads of NGOs , politicians and media leaders are controlled by these elites buy buying them or brainwashing them to get what they say

It goes on and on a on in this vein..

Suffice it to say I totally reject mairs description of me as a Globalist extremist

durhamjen Tue 07-Feb-17 00:04:43

Whitewave, could the Globalists be the ones who sold the wheat last, the 99th - without, of course, going anywhere near the produce?
Or are they just watching and guiding the whole process because they don't need to trade at any level?

Cunco Mon 06-Feb-17 08:36:18

Well, it seems nobody here is a globalist extremist and few of us any the wiser about what globalism is. Fair enough.

Just thinking about the concept, I suppose Communism as operated by the Soviet Union under Stalin and his successors might be regarded as an attempt at creating a world government. Of course, if so, it ended well short of its target.

whitewave Mon 06-Feb-17 07:19:25

I really must learn to check my posts!!

whitewave Mon 06-Feb-17 07:04:40

It is a whole different thing to talk about and wish for world peace and the ability to deal with issues like hunger and climate change, but a whole different ball game if you look at the explanation given by the barking theory that is globalism.

Norah Mon 06-Feb-17 04:38:23

A one world government could be workable, if....

durhamjen Sun 05-Feb-17 23:36:18

www.wemove.eu/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=23791&qid=24148335

Food speculation.
By the time a slice of bread gets on your plate, the wheat to make it could have been sold 99 times over.

durhamjen Fri 03-Feb-17 20:13:14

This could go on numerous threads, but it fits best here, I think.
politicalscrapbook.net/2017/02/deputy-pm-of-sweden-perfectly-trolls-trump-by-signing-law-surrounded-by-women/

whitewave Fri 03-Feb-17 18:11:48

Climate change is the biggest risk to the world at the moment. Unless dopy Trump starts a war.

Elegran Fri 03-Feb-17 17:39:51

The reason it matters (if it is indeed happening - and it seems to me that it is) is that the changes it causes are not reversible except on a very long time-scale. We don't have long enough to wait for the earth to adjust and come back into the balance that makes it comfortably habitable for us and for many other species.

The earth would continue, but many of its inhabitants would not, and that would very probably include most humans. We are very dependent on interconnected ecosystems to supply all our needs. That applies to the rich and the doing-ok as well as to the poor.

Ankers Fri 03-Feb-17 16:40:54

It is the using up resources at an alarming rate that I dont quite agree with durhamjen.
We switch to another, or another is found, or a new source is found, or something is made to get around the problem as far as I can see. Or. Or.
etc

durhamjen Fri 03-Feb-17 16:18:04

The reason climate change matters is because the poorest in the world are affected the most by it.

Elegran Fri 03-Feb-17 16:11:33

So both whitewave and daphnedl have said they are not in favour of it. It is nice to have that clear, so now there will be no need for you to believe that they are, or that they are part of any plan for us all to be "globalised", will there?

(Daphne posted just a little up the page "The most I have ever written is that if I had a magic wand, I would like the whole world to live as one in peace. Wouldn't you? (And I know it will never happen. )"

Ankers Fri 03-Feb-17 16:01:05

Are you in favour of one world government, ankers

Absolutely not.

Ankers Fri 03-Feb-17 16:00:12

Elegran, it was whitewave who said she did not want one-world government.

A bit of disagreement on the climate change bit durhamjen, but not sure this is the thread for that.

Elegran Fri 03-Feb-17 15:58:54

Are you in favour of one world government, ankers ? You seem very interested in the subject. You would probably be happy if everyone obeyed exactly the same rules - like under the medieval popes dispensing what they saw as God's will. That was the nearest in history to one rule.

I thought the whole thing had been hammered out pretty thoroughly when globalism/globalisation was first discussed and a definition looked for.

durhamjen Fri 03-Feb-17 15:55:55

No, Ankers, I agree with daphne. We need the world to work as one for those who are suffering from problems caused by greed and war. We need one world to work towards peace.
We need to eradicate hunger. We need to stop climate change. We only have one world and are using up resources at an alarmimg rate.
Anything you disagree with in that, Ankers?

Elegran Fri 03-Feb-17 15:54:03

I think I can remember daphne posting somewhere that no, she did NOT want one-world govenment, but I have no intention of wasting my time searching for written proof. Perhaps you missed that post, ankers, even you can't read every post and make a note of it.

Ankers Fri 03-Feb-17 15:49:35

durhamjen, are you in favour of one world, one government?

Ana Fri 03-Feb-17 15:48:54

Oh, that was a quick return! shock

Ankers Fri 03-Feb-17 15:48:50

Luckily for you daphnedill I cant find it right now.
I have scrolled through 2 long threads. But there are a lot of news and politics threads.

If I have got the wrong end of the stick, I am sorry, but I dont think I am wrong.

durhamjen Fri 03-Feb-17 15:35:19

oneworld.org/news

Nothing to do with the world being ruled by a single government. It's about justice and cooperation, as Elegran says.

daphnedill Fri 03-Feb-17 15:34:12

Don't tell meddlesome lies, Ankers!!!

The most I have ever written is that if I had a magic wand, I would like the whole world to live as one in peace. Wouldn't you? (And I know it will never happen.)

That's how myths and malicious gossip spread.

'Globalism' (not be confused with globalisation) is a creation of the far right conspiracy theorists, who see enemies in every lizard! They blame a mythical bogeyman (globalism) to support their own agenda.

I can still read the site and I'm not going to let that kind of libellous rubbish slip by.

Ankers Fri 03-Feb-17 15:31:10

I was hoping I wouldnt have to find it Elegran!

No I wasnt confusing what you think I may be confusing.

And when I posted it another time that she had said it, she did not correct me.

Elegran Fri 03-Feb-17 15:27:35

No, Ankers, you are mistaken. I don't think that daphne said that she wanted one world government.

Don't confuse co-operation, trade agreements and cultural exchanges between nations on the one hand with world government having authority over all of them and homogenising them all into one on the other hand.

Ankers Fri 03-Feb-17 15:12:39

And certainly not saying that the world is coming to an end anytime soon!