Crises in Prisons

Crises in Hospitals

Crises in Social Care

Crises in some Academies

Crises in Local Authority services

Ana Thu 23-Feb-17 13:36:07

Yes another Tory-bashing thread - dear me, don't you get bored? grin

whitewave Thu 23-Feb-17 13:44:19

Definately not. Mustn't get complacent. It is important to remind everyone the pigs ear they are making of everything.

Lots more where the above came from.

Ana Thu 23-Feb-17 13:46:27

I bet!

Anniebach Thu 23-Feb-17 13:47:12

Accept it, they are in power for a long time thanks to Corbyn, momentum and his fans

thatbags Thu 23-Feb-17 13:53:20

That comment, ab, reminds me of protesters in the US claiming placardly (invented word!) that Trump is not their president. Can't help thinking sorry, dearies, but actually he is, like it or not.

grannypiper Thu 23-Feb-17 14:11:30

Really doesnt sound that much different form 2010

nigglynellie Thu 23-Feb-17 14:11:52

Is anyone seriously suggesting that ANYONE from any of the opposition benches has the magic wand and could do better than Mrs May and her team? Forgive me, but not one name comes to mind, never mind a team!! It's so easy to bash on these threads/parliament but when it comes to constructive solutions the silence is deafening!!

whitewave Thu 23-Feb-17 14:23:17

So should there be no criticism? Are we to take everything without comment?

If we think that there is no one in the opposition that could form a half decent government, should that stop us from stating our opinion about the shambles?

nigglynellie Thu 23-Feb-17 14:30:10

Of course not, but it might be nice to have a few suggested solutions that could be discussed instead of endless bashing!

yggdrasil Thu 23-Feb-17 14:30:42

They will be in power for a long time because of our FPTP voting system, the gerrymandering of constituencies, and the biassed reporting from 90% of the media.
You don't know what Corbyn could do if he wasn't being maligned and misquoted at every turn. Seems to me Labour is the only party standing up against austerity and the cuts to the NHS and Social care, but you have to look very hard to find it

Anniebach Thu 23-Feb-17 14:43:54

Anything against Corbyn is bashing

anything against the government is critcism

Corbyn has said even though labour is 18 points behind the Tories in the polls they are doing well on social media

And in fairness to reporters , it was Corbyn who yelled he was being harassed when asked a question by a reporter , the question was on his views of an early general election. Wonder how many leaders have been asked that and gave an answer

daphnedill Thu 23-Feb-17 14:50:00

I think the Labour Party has some very good politicians with plenty of ideas, but they're sitting on the back benches.

The numbers don't add up. The Labour Party can't win an election, whoever their leader is, with the loss of Scotland and boundary changes. They need to compromise one way or the other. At the moment, there are at least two different parties within one, with different values. Either they learn to get on with each other, possibly coming to agreements with other minority parties, or they're doomed. The dividing lines in British society are no longer about the working class versus capitalism.

daphnedill Thu 23-Feb-17 14:51:37

So who would be a good leader in your opinion annie? How could he/she reconcile the different values and interests of potential Labour voters?

paddyann Thu 23-Feb-17 15:07:52

we should be able to criticise EVERY government where necessary and some deserve it more than others .The coalition kept the tories in check ,now they can do what they want and to hell with the rest of the country....I realy dont understand why joe public voted them in at all .Of course they didn't in my part of the world ,though we're stuck with them too.

nigglynellie Thu 23-Feb-17 15:49:48

Imo, a good solution would be if the best brains on all sides were to get together to form a government. That way all opinions could be aired, discussed and solutions reached. I know that's pie in the sky, but there are so many wasted brains particularly on the back benches opposite, it's such a waste.

yggdrasil Thu 23-Feb-17 16:00:47

www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/society/woman-who-keeps-voting-tory-cant-work-out-why-public-services-are-shit-20170222122582

whitewave Thu 23-Feb-17 16:03:25

I definately think is desperately needed over Brexit. I am not at all convinced that those presently in charge like Davis, Johnson and Fox are up to it. And to be fair it really is something that the whole of parliament should put their brains into as it is the future of the UK we are talking about.

goldengirl Thu 23-Feb-17 16:04:46

Money needed for all these crises - but Government still happy to spend, spend, spend on HS2 and ruining more people's lives. It's about time they concentrated on getting the basics right

rosesarered Thu 23-Feb-17 16:07:35

Too many opposing views for that to happen niggly.
Of course anyone can criticise/bash any political party in government, and grumble away all day if they feel like it.
At the moment it seems that only May's government can do anything much, and they also have Brexit to deal with.
I think the love affair with Corbyn is well and truly over, even 'young Owen' ( the one who looks about twelve) was admitting so ( in so many words)on The Daily Politics.

whitewave Thu 23-Feb-17 16:13:57

Whatever is said about the opposition this can't deflect from the way we are experiencing crises after crises. Whoever eventually tries to get a grip with it all is going to have an enormous uphill job. Everywhere you look it is falling apart.

Ana Thu 23-Feb-17 16:19:13

Well, have a good old moan on here and hopefully that'll make everyone feel better.

Perhaps there should be a 'The Labour way of Opposition' thread, but I doubt whether there'd be much enthusiasm...(apart from Annie of course!)

Anniebach Thu 23-Feb-17 16:22:27

Ana grin

Anniebach Thu 23-Feb-17 16:26:56

I disagree Daphne that labour has decided values. You only have to read the posts on this forum, I am a Labour Party member but do not agree with the Corbyn labour supporters , yet we hold the same values .

JessM Thu 23-Feb-17 16:27:13

And not by accident Whitewave - it is quite deliberate.
Deliberate dismantling of local authority expertise in supporting schools for instance. While people running "academy chains" now line their pockets and refuse to be transparent about how they are spending public money.
Deliberately undermining renewable energy,so that large energy companies thrive.
Deliberately going for the most damaging version of Brexit.
Deliberately sending more people to prison and keeping them there longer. While outsourcing more and more of the prison service into private hands.
Deliberately undermining the NHS so that private healthcare becomes more profitable.
Deliberately not building enough new houses, keeps property prices nice and high for rich landlords.
All done quite deliberately and for ideological reasons. Implementing far right policies while they try to look sincere and utter insincere platitudes about the "just managing" and about "efficiency savings"
And on manifestos which said things like "NHS safe in our hands" and "The greenest government ever".