Gransnet forums

News & politics

Laura Kuenssberg

(55 Posts)
tigger Thu 23-Mar-17 22:42:17

Is it me, or does anyone else find Lauran Kurenssberg's coverage of he terrorist attack provocative and divisive? I have just watched her latest BBC broadcast where she states that it was not the police but a minister's bodyguard who apprehended the terrorist and killed him. By implication she infers that the Parliamentary Police Force was inadequate and slow to react. Also that the terrorist was able to breach the Parliament gateway. Given that the attack was the action of a "lone wolf" the action taken by the police officers in the first instance was exemplary. I believe it was inappropriate for her to comment in the tone and manner she made this broadcast and perhaps many others may agree with my opinion of her stance she made on this occasion.

Penstemmon Sat 25-Mar-17 10:47:42

A journalist's job is to report facts but it is also to ask questions!

Also re the questions about armed police, when I was recently in the Westminster area I am sure I saw armed police officers around HP. I think that has been the norm for a while. However they were all by the main pedestrian entrance to HP. From what I have seen on news items the murderer ran in the vehicle entrance. I am surprised there do not appear to be not more barriers/armed officers there. Or maybe there are and it was a 'perfect storm' moment when a barrier was up to let a vehicle through at the same moment the killer ran through.

TerriBull Sat 25-Mar-17 11:36:19

I agree with your point Annie about politicians who try to talk their interview time out so as to avoid answering any pertinent points raised, there are a few guilty of that across the political spectrum. There's definitely "I'll just keep going no matter what" quality with some. I swear they get training on that mode of "just keep talking without answering anything"

Anniebach Sat 25-Mar-17 11:46:41

Terri, it is so irritating, I am surprised the interviewer stays calm , I think those politicians must attend - how to avoid questions you don't want to answer classes.

TerriBull Sat 25-Mar-17 11:48:21

Annie I agree grin