News & politics

Not an election please

(1001 Posts)
Anniebach Tue 18-Apr-17 10:05:00

May is to make an important announcement at 11.15

rosesarered Mon 24-Apr-17 13:55:26

Good post gillybob

Welshwife Mon 24-Apr-17 14:05:55

The newest ones do 250 miles to a charge and they will no doubt improve.
But I agree about them needing to get even better and also about the £2K. The first thing they need to do is stop production of Diesel engines.

Jalima1108 Mon 24-Apr-17 14:35:57

Mind's gone blank Welshwife I will have to ask DH

shock oh dear

whitewave Mon 24-Apr-17 14:38:42

My son uses it for business - his work covers the whole of the south coast from the New Forest through to Kent -

whitewave Mon 24-Apr-17 14:39:01

But it isn't a lorry grin

Jalima1108 Mon 24-Apr-17 14:40:20

It was a car (French, pre-2000) supposed to give 45 mpg but never did!

POGS Mon 24-Apr-17 14:57:37

Listening to Corbyn speaking I still don't know if the £10 Minimum Wage will take immediate effect.

The Minimum Wage would creep up anyway so unless he says 'with immediate effect' his promise is tantamount to looking like populist spin.

If it does come into effect immediately it will be financial hardship for those who will lose their jobs and those who will have to ' possibly ' close their business.

As for using the 'doffing of the cap ' comment over and over , the 'going for those at the top and Big Business / Corporations comments Corbyn is merely showing his 1970's/1980's ' Militant ' credentials and relying on stirring up Class Division to get the working mans vote. A lot of people understand the 1% top high tax payers pay 27% into the coffers for public services etc. The old Class Warfare has little to no place these days, again it could create a run of business closures and subsequent job losses.

The working man has moved on in lot's of ways and the good old days of 'The Labour Family'.using the term 'Comrades' is not how they think of themselves as much as it used to be, thank goodness. Although since Corbyn became Leader there has been a resurgence it would appear but only by the core voter/his personal supporters not the general Labour Voter it would appear.

Welshwife Mon 24-Apr-17 15:07:59

Interesting Jalima. In the pre 2000 Transit there was a problem but Ford only had a couple every few years where the engine stopped due to flooding. Then in 1992 there were a couple of dozen incidents across Europe one weekend. DS had just begun working in their RandD dept and was given the job of sorting it - which he did very successfully. I think the vehicles had a small part added when it had a service. The current Transit is a different model. It is not the engine per se but if it has parts low and exposed.
I find the quietness of electric cars a tad spooky!

varian Mon 24-Apr-17 15:20:01

This thread has reached 40 pages in less than a week. At this rate even folk like us who are interested in politics might all end up like Brenda from Bristol. Oh no!

petra Mon 24-Apr-17 16:05:46

More good news for Corbyn. The communist party won't be fielding a candidate because: " the labour leader is so in tune with Its extreme left wing views"

GracesGranMK2 Mon 24-Apr-17 16:17:48

Will you vote for the LP if it is with immediate effect POGS?

POGS Mon 24-Apr-17 16:48:21

No

GracesGranMK2 Mon 24-Apr-17 16:50:53

Do you think those who will/may vote for the LP are asking your question POGS?

POGS Mon 24-Apr-17 16:53:27

GG

"Will you vote for the LP if it is with immediate effect POGS? "

POGS

"NO"

GG

" Do you think those who will/may vote for the LP are asking your question POGS?"

What the hell did you just do if it wasn't asking me a question??

Anniebach Mon 24-Apr-17 17:00:03

so labour is so in tune with the communist party, nooooooo, Corbyn and the far left are so in tune with the communists, the party is not,

petra Mon 24-Apr-17 17:06:45

I know, annie whoever would have thought it grin

GracesGranMK2 Mon 24-Apr-17 17:11:02

I think you misunderstood what I asked POGS. You said you would not vote for the LP if they declared an they would bring in the real living wage immediately.

I then asked if you think the answer to your question asking if the LP would bring in the £10 Minimum Wage will take immediate effect would be one those who may or will vote for the LP are asking, i.e., people who are not like you and have already decided to vote Labour. It is a reasonable question to ask.

Jalima1108 Mon 24-Apr-17 17:16:16

I find the quietness of electric cars a tad spooky!
Yes, we tell children to 'Stop, Look and Listen and Keep Looking and Listening as you cross the road'.

Anniebach Mon 24-Apr-17 17:22:04

.petra, I am shocked, realy, realy shocked why would the communist party think they
Are sooooo in tune with the Corbyn-Momentum party. I accept I have said so since I learned Corbyn was running a campaign to get expelled militants and trots back into the party , but this was dismissed as rubbish by some here

varian Mon 24-Apr-17 17:33:27

I don't think UKIP are likely to do well because the Tories are doing everything they want. Nigel Farage said he was "thrilled" with Theresa May's proposals for Brexit.

In the same way I do not expect to see a sudden surge by the Communist Party. Why should they bother when Jeremy Corbyn is trying to move Labour so far to the left?

varian Mon 24-Apr-17 17:41:31

Breaking news! The Communist Party is not fielding any candidates. They are endorsing Labour - that says it all - you are right Annie

Anniebach Mon 24-Apr-17 18:02:53

Thank You varian, how I wished I had been wrong though, but it was so obvious .

Well done the Libs, their membership reached 82,000 in February, highest for two decades, and now in April the membership has increased to over 100,000, on this i am happy when I was right when I said they would make a come back?

Rigby46 Mon 24-Apr-17 18:22:03

It's hardly breaking news that there are to be no Communist candidates standing - you do know how many stood in 2015 don't you? ( 9) . I think some of the posts on here are getting somewhat silly

Ana Mon 24-Apr-17 18:25:26

I was thinking just that, Rigby!

POGS Mon 24-Apr-17 18:33:03

GG

I don't follow one word of your last post to me.

I never mentioned anything about voting for Corbyn 'myself' other than to respond your question which does ask .

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion