Gransnet forums

News & politics

Can we really Trust Teresa May with a blank cheque?

(656 Posts)
James2451 Sun 07-May-17 13:38:59

‘We need to seriously remind ourselves that we are being asked to cast a vote that will affect not just our lives today, but the future of generations to come’.
I desire a fairer and decent society, one that does not impose severe austerity packages on low and middle earners and so many young families. In fact, for most of us the quality of life for our own grandchildren and their prospects and safe future."

I am deeply worried about giving Teresa May and many of her RW extremists a blank cheque to do what ever they want over the next five years. I am not assured at present that we can trust her and the extreme dogma of many of her MP's. We have no guarantee she will be in office for the full term, look what happened to Maggie.

Her unwillingness to inform the Country what Brexit will mean if she gets her on way with the EU and she is not even prepared to debate her election policies on TV for us all to hear and give our approval,or dissent is worrying. Forget about Corbyn that is a red herring excuse given to protect her from facing the camera's and the Nations scrutiny.
Her term in office at the Home Office has not been the brightest for any leading conservative minister, nor as her ability been questioned to the full to be able to lead our nation through the trouble waters likely to be ahead after Brexit, her ability is still an important unknown factor.

No, I cannot fully put my trust in her at present, I need to have far greater assurances far better than the rude way she behaved at the dispatch box and at the rostrum outside number 10 last week.

We need to be quite clear the election is NOT on Brexit it is on policies for healing and improving the quality of life of the nation over the next five years. I want a bright future for my grandchildren, I am not sure that Teresa May knows how to achieve that with her political dogma, or that I can presently 100% trust her without her being willing to debate her policies in front of the Nation. She is possibly more worried about Nicola Sturgeon than Jeremy Corbyn.. A landslide victory is likely to send the wrong messages to her backbenchers for more draconian policies and I do not believe that is what the nation needs for our grandchildrens future. I am therefore coming round to voting Lib Dem.

durhamjen Wed 07-Jun-17 22:11:41

There's a webcam on the woodland trust website, whitewave.

Apparently the reason May never costed the manifesto is because Corbyn stole all the calculators.

durhamjen Wed 07-Jun-17 22:17:36

This is what will happen to the NHS if May gets back with a big majority.

skwawkbox.org/2017/06/07/guest-post-pt-3-entrepreneur-says-votelabour-for-our-nhs-ge17/

Obviously Tory voters couldn't care less.

durhamjen Wed 07-Jun-17 22:19:06

skwawkbox.org/2017/06/07/guest-post-entrepreneur-says-vote-labour-pt-2-our-kids-education-ge17/

durhamjen Wed 07-Jun-17 23:19:40

A comparison of Corbyn and May.
I know who I trust most.

durhamjen Wed 07-Jun-17 23:56:34

If you know anyone who hasn't decided, show them this.

skwawkbox.org/2017/06/07/this-exocet-hits-the-nhs-unless-we-remove-the-tories-tomorrow-ge17/