I am absolutely in shock that a friend has just visited in a £47,000 Volvo given to them by the state. The only only additional payment was a deposit of £3,100. They also get free road tax, parking, tires and apparently don't have to worry where they park as they just give the vehicle back in two years time for a new one. Scratches aren't a problem.
I knew people could get a top up benefit, mobility, that they can give to a car dealer for a car but I was expecting a vehicle of much smaller value.
I am not against the disabled being helped and supported, that's a given for me but this is a step too far.
Why have they allowed this benefit to get to this level?
We live In an age were children are about to be denied free school dinners when it's possibly the only hot meal they may have all day, pensioners dying because they are being refused heating payment, people denied cancer drugs because we can't afford it, homeless.....the list goes on.
1. Why not reduce the value for the cars as this figure seems disproportionate and wrong.
2. You should not be able to buy a car of this value on benefits when somebody working 40 hours per week could not afford to do so.
3. Do a deal with a car manufacturer ( all the British ones have gone) who employees British people and at least let our own country benefit from employment in manufacturing.
4. If you can afford £3,100 deposit for a 4x4 then you are receiving too much benefit.
5. You won't die without a car but you might through lack of food, heating or treatment. Cheaper cars should be given and then share the rest of the funds amongst the needy.
Is anyone else shocked at the value of the cars you can get on the benefits system?
Poly580 Sat 20-May-17 18:00:52
vampirequeen Sat 20-May-17 18:37:57
Poly580 Sat 20-May-17 18:49:53
SueDonim Sat 20-May-17 19:10:36
annsixty Sat 20-May-17 19:13:38
Elegran Sat 20-May-17 19:13:53
Christinefrance Sat 20-May-17 19:15:23
annsixty Sat 20-May-17 19:16:53
SueDonim Sat 20-May-17 19:20:37
SueDonim Sat 20-May-17 19:26:38
Poly580 Sat 20-May-17 19:37:54
durhamjen Sat 20-May-17 19:44:13
annsixty Sat 20-May-17 19:56:44
SueDonim Sat 20-May-17 19:58:07
Elegran Sat 20-May-17 19:58:32
Elegran Sat 20-May-17 20:00:08
Galen Sat 20-May-17 20:13:25
SueDonim Sat 20-May-17 20:21:14
durhamjen Sat 20-May-17 20:23:44
Poly580 Sat 20-May-17 20:36:30
NanaandGrampy Sat 20-May-17 20:38:01
Poly580 Sat 20-May-17 20:38:32
Poly580 Sat 20-May-17 20:44:59
durhamjen Sat 20-May-17 20:46:00
durhamjen Sat 20-May-17 20:51:24