Gransnet forums

News & politics

Only labour voters welcome

(138 Posts)
Luckylegs9 Mon 29-May-17 06:39:12

This forum should be named as the heading.

nigglynellie Mon 29-May-17 07:01:10

I think a lot of us feel that Luckylegs9 which is probably why we now join in very intermittently, if at all! Being verbally attacked and at times virtually sworn at for daring to voice a differing opinion other than a far left one is not for the faint hearted and even the toughest of us usually shrug our shoulders and leave the protagonists to preach to the converted!

Rigby46 Mon 29-May-17 07:34:12

Oh didums - what pathetic, childish posts. Just grow up. The real problem is that the righties' posts in general are far less informed politically and are just, with one or two exceptions, unable to argue the case as articulately and intelligently as the lefties. Witness the pathetic use of 'far left' in nn''s post. I'd love to see the righties defence of the huge cuts in school funding, the underfunding of the NHS, the decimation of local authority budgets especially social care, the huge housing problem, the lack of a realistic Brexit strategy. Well you know what - I couldn't give a flying fig if there are no more rightie posts - I wouldn't be missing anything remotely illuminating, challenging or informative so great if you don't want to play with the grown ups

grannypiper Mon 29-May-17 07:48:40

Good morning to you too Rigby glad you got out of bed on the right side.

kittylester Mon 29-May-17 07:49:08

I have no idea what prompted this thread, if anything, but your response was childish in the extreme Rigby. The vitriol emanating from the left is pathetic.

Rigby46 Mon 29-May-17 07:53:52

Didums agsin- the OP is pathetic and deserved the response it got from me. I'd just love some intelligent well argued informed posts from the righties but I generally search in vain ( apart from one or two exceptions - POGs for example always argues her corner well)

Rigby46 Mon 29-May-17 07:56:42

As for getting out of bed the wrong side, you might wonder what the OP did this morning with the two threads she's started - but then, righties are always right aren't they?

Jane10 Mon 29-May-17 08:17:35

Does it not occur to you that the OPs opinion is spot on for most of us? We have a look at what's being said then just leave. Its just the usual suspects going on about the usual things in their usual way.

yggdrasil Mon 29-May-17 08:27:07

Don't feel too alone Rigby smile
Those who support the right are too keen on repeating media 'reports' as fact without checking their origins.
Just as an example, the warning that there are 23000 jihadist terrorists in the country all ready to kill us.

nightowl Mon 29-May-17 08:31:32

Does it not occur to you Jane that the same holds true for many of us on the left, who have grown tired of being the subject of personal insults by those on the right? I do at least learn from the well argued points of contributors on the left of the political spectrum, but have to agree with Rigby that there is a lack of articulate, well argued posts from those on the right.

nightowl Mon 29-May-17 08:33:49

Take out the 'at least' in my post above. No qualification needed.

Anniebach Mon 29-May-17 08:48:38

And Rigsby's posts above are articulate and well argued ?

GracesGranMK2 Mon 29-May-17 08:51:08

I cannot believe this thread has been started although I do have the deepest sympathy for those of the right-wing persuasion as they really have been given few tools to put forward a decent case by their party of choice.

However, as the whole forum is moderated by the Gransnet team I do think it is a pretty rude OP towards them.

Perhaps the OP feels all political threads should be banned unless she is allowed to win the argument?

nigglynellie Mon 29-May-17 09:05:26

Usual predictable fury!!! I don't think you and I are ever going to get that discussion annie!!! smile

GracesGranMK2 Mon 29-May-17 09:06:58

This thread was not set up to be a discussion Niggly; it is a criticism of the moderation of the site.

Anniebach Mon 29-May-17 09:09:06

Niggly ?, I was told on another thread I was not capable of holding an adult discussion on politics ,grin

nigglynellie Mon 29-May-17 09:11:24

'Only Labour voters welcome'. Surely that could be a subject for discussion?!

Anniebach Mon 29-May-17 09:13:44

I agree Niggly, but the response from GG was an attempt to prevent a discussion

norose4 Mon 29-May-17 09:25:00

What a shame Rigby that you yourself hijacked what could have been an interesting thread , by your own childish tantrum comments .

Eloethan Mon 29-May-17 09:30:46

Those of you on the right are equally represented on the political threads. True, many of the contributions often consist of unsubstantiated opinions dressed up as facts but I have seen no evidence that those who support the Conservative Party are less likely to contribute.

As I have said many times before, we are all anonymous on Gransnet so why do people say they are "frightened" of voicing an opinion? Nobody is going to knock on their doors at midnight and frogmarch them to a detention centre.

norose4 Mon 29-May-17 09:42:35

I think it's because some posters put others down because they JUDGE them as being less informed or intelligent as themselves which is surely not what Gransnet is about it is supposed to be a sharing of views & if you disagree with some one you shouldn't have your comments attacked by some arrogant poster who picks you up on being less eloquent or intelligent or grammatically correct than they deem thenselves to be. Ref Rigby46 ' oh didums are you in a playground Rigby?

Ana Mon 29-May-17 09:50:13

It's not a criticism of the moderation of the site, GGMk11. As you must know, GN is largely self-moderated - report a post if you find it offensive or breaks the guidelines.

The moderators don't have time to hover about checking on evry minor tiff!

Anniebach Mon 29-May-17 09:55:03

Not frightened of voicing an opinion, many have no wish to be told to shut up/get off the thread/ you are not capable of an adult discussion.

There are those like Jen who said she loves the cut and thrust, there are many who do not.

not everyone is able to shrug off mocking and put downs , some are gentle but still have an opinion, perhaps you need to talk to sensative people you will be surprised that they too have opinions

durhamjen Mon 29-May-17 10:02:22

You are a labour voter, though, Annie, so you are welcome.

Anniebach Mon 29-May-17 10:04:05

Well said norose, GG told me I wasn't capable of an adult discussion on politics.

I am well aware there are posters far more educated than I , but I am probably far more educated when it comes to life in the real world than some of them.
I talk to people not turn to bloggers to learn

The only source of knowledge is experience - Einstein. Bet there are are a few here who know better than him ?