Gransnet forums

News & politics

tonight's tv debate

(135 Posts)
varian Wed 31-May-17 20:04:56

Are you watching tonight's tv debate?

There is the leader of the Liberal Democrats, Tim Farron, leader of the Labour party, Jeremy Corbyn, leader of the Greens, Caroline Lucas, leader of Plaid Cymru, Leanne Wood, deputy leader of SNP, Angus Robertson, leader of UKIP, Paul Nuttall and someone called Amber Rudd, who seems to be standing in for the leader of the Tories.

What do you make of it?

rosesarered Thu 01-Jun-17 14:08:10

It may have been 'mentioned' durhamjen ( depends what they say though grin)
But the few times in the past I have looked at it, it's a left wing blog by a left wing blogger and usually contains sarcasm and silly pics of any Conservative MP either real or made up ones.

nigglynellie Thu 01-Jun-17 14:11:46

Thanks annie?

Anniebach Thu 01-Jun-17 14:14:45

Your most welcome Niggly, you said what was correct and true ?

paddyann Thu 01-Jun-17 14:27:43

do PlaidCymru HAVE MP's at westminster? Nicola is NOT an MP she is the leader of the SCOTTISH parliament .Angus Robertson is the LEADER of the Westminster SNP ...simple Annie ...thats HIS job .Maybe we do things differently here but if someone has a job as leader then its responsibility to take the lead in things pertaining to it!

durhamjen Thu 01-Jun-17 15:14:24

I think they had about three left, I seem to recall Jonathan Edwards was one? Is that right?

Anniebach Thu 01-Jun-17 15:40:42

Yes Plaid has three in Westminster , Leanne is not an MP , she is leader of Plaid Cymru and a Welsh assembly member so no different to Sturgeon

paddyann Thu 01-Jun-17 15:40:54

yes the Scottish Parliament is still in session ,so business as usual The WM election doesn't affect the MSP's jobs

POGS Thu 01-Jun-17 15:42:28

Angus Robertson is both !

He is the The Deputy Leader of the SNP AND the SNP spokesperson in The Houses Of Parliament.

Nicola Sturgeon cannot be the SNP spokesperson in Westminster as she did not stand for election as a Member of Parliament, she is a Member of the Scottish Parliament. MSP.

FarNorth Thu 01-Jun-17 16:29:27

Nicola Sturgeon has already taken part in Leaders' Debates for this election. Theresa May has refused to do so. That's why TM is getting stick about it and NS isn't.