Gransnet forums

News & politics

Roll up, roll up place your predictions

(257 Posts)
Rigby46 Sat 03-Jun-17 17:59:38

My prediction( not hope) is for TM to have about a 40/50 overall majority. I reserve the right to change this prediction up to the announcement of the exit poll. Anybody else have a prediction?

Ginny42 Fri 09-Jun-17 12:18:18

So May is clinging onto power with the DUP and it cost us £130M for this nonsense. She had a lead in the polls, mostly had the media on her side. It should have been a landslide.

So now the Tories are in a worse position than when they started, which can only lead to weak government. They only need a few back benchers to rebel, together with Labour plus a few others and they will struggle to get anything passed. Europe is watching this debacle and she didn't even need to have called an election.

BTW. All parties are taking that approach to diesel powered vehicles, based on recent reports of diesel droplets in the air we breathe.

Ginny42 Fri 09-Jun-17 12:20:48

Sorry, meant to post last post on the results thread. I'm blaming lack of sleep!

whitewave Fri 09-Jun-17 12:22:56

And there will inevitably another election and yet more of our money and that with the economy tanking and Brexit looming

durhamjen Fri 09-Jun-17 15:09:06

Jane Hartley-Jacques writes: “DUP are anti-LGBT, anti-abortion, anti-women’s rights, climate change deniers, and evolution deniers with many believing in creation teaching. Its leader is linked to a financial scandal with on-going investigation. More evidence of strong and stable Treesa.”

What was that about coalition of chaos?
Good luck with that, Mayhem.

whitewave Fri 09-Jun-17 15:10:37

Oh yes I forgot the scandal - its massive isn't it?

durhamjen Fri 09-Jun-17 15:22:06

It gets worse.

skwawkbox.org/2017/06/09/mays-dup-crutch-linked-to-saudi-dark-money/