Gransnet forums

News & politics

Looking ahead - Friday morning probably ....

(105 Posts)
Rigby46 Wed 07-Jun-17 17:00:20

I'm working all day tomorrow thank goodness so that will distract me for several hours. I'll probably be working in an echo chamber as well so that will be soothing

whitewave Wed 07-Jun-17 16:49:17

sad. It is a future I am absolutely dreading

Rigby46 Wed 07-Jun-17 16:44:59

There will be dozens of threads about the results - most will turn into bunfights but there will also be uplifting analysis and hope to cheer my ravaged soul.

MaizieD Wed 07-Jun-17 16:39:33

Oh Rigby, I feel very much the same.

Which bunfight on MN? I like the idea...

Rigby46 Wed 07-Jun-17 16:35:23

I shall wake up with that all too familiar lump of lead feeling in my stomach that followed Brexit and Trump. I will not have slept well but will not be hungover as champagne doesn't do that to me. I'll be at my DD's so the dgc will enliven breakfast. Then it will be a slow coming to terms with reality over the weekend as all sides spin away furiously - some with less to spin than others. I will be sad but not surprised. I will be sad about the future of education and the NHS in particular and sad for people without the cushions and choices that others have. I will be pessimistic about the Brexit negotiations and the fact that there is no hope of our becoming a kinder, more caring society. I will only watch C4 news and avoid BBC radio 4. I may just listen to R3 all weekend. I will probably avoid GN but join the bunfight on MN as it is less draining. <sighs>