Gransnet forums

News & politics

Yet another TM speech

(41 Posts)
Rigby46 Fri 09-Jun-17 13:01:59

Really, really, really? I thought we'd just had a general election designed to increase her majority where she ended up with fewer seats than the last one. She didn't mention it - it's been air brushed. Did it happen? She sounded very very strange - 5 years with the DUP? Misogynistic, homophobic, fundementallist - good luck with all of thatTessie.

Rigby46 Fri 09-Jun-17 13:07:32

She said we need certainty -WTF we had it before she called the GE and WITHOUT getting into bed with the medievalist DUP. She has seriously seriously lost it.

Rigby46 Fri 09-Jun-17 13:08:28

I'll give her a month

whitewave Fri 09-Jun-17 13:10:28

It was a rehash of every speech she has ever made. She just rearranges the words grin one trick pony

LadyGracie Fri 09-Jun-17 13:12:06

I agree she shouldn't have called a GE. I'm glad she's still in. Good luck to her, I hope she stays

MaizieD Fri 09-Jun-17 13:20:17

I suspect the tories are busy sharpening the knives, LadyGracie. May has failed. They don't like failure.

LadyGracie Fri 09-Jun-17 13:27:37

Yes she has failed I agree, let's see if they give her a go. It was utter stupidity to call a GE, but she did and now she's facing the consequences.

whitewave Fri 09-Jun-17 13:27:50

She is toast no doubt about it. It suits the Tories to keep her there while they get their act together but watch that space.

Rigby46 Fri 09-Jun-17 13:40:16

She's governing with the help,of a bunch of medievalist Christian, women and gay hating fundementalists. You may think that's OK , many of us don't. My body, my choice.

Rigby46 Fri 09-Jun-17 13:41:08

Give her a go? It's not a roundabout

Rigby46 Fri 09-Jun-17 13:43:20

And it's us that are facing the consequences - when it all goes belly up financially she can run off with her wealthy husband whilst we have to stay and suffer

whitewave Fri 09-Jun-17 13:43:40

It won't work rig

Luckylegs9 Fri 09-Jun-17 13:44:00

What to you expect her to go, the dying fly? She us making the best of a bad job, she shouldn't have called another election, she should have fought it, she should not have alienated every level of society. But she us infinitely better than Corbyn, a truly dreadful man. Never mind he has the ever eloquent Diane to assist him doling out the freebies.

Rigby46 Fri 09-Jun-17 13:48:25

<sigh>

whitewave Fri 09-Jun-17 13:51:55

Yes she can clear off just like Cameron, costing the country untold millions, division and instability

HeyHo Fri 09-Jun-17 18:41:06

The whole Parliamentary system in this country is NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE.

No matter what your affiliation it can never be right that the GREEN PARTY got around 500,000 votes and just ONE MP, whilst the DUP with half those votes got TEN!

May for 42% of the vote and Corbyn just 2 or 3% behind, but a huge number less seats. There is something undemocratic and basically wrong with the way we carry out our elections in this country.

Now through this woman's concite we have ended up the laughing stock of Europe and in an much worse position before. Shame on her!

paddyann Fri 09-Jun-17 19:30:37

the DUP are no use to her at all ,they cant vote on EVEL matters the same as the Scots and the a welsh cant ,so its her against the Labour party and whoever wants to back them up .I haven't a clue whats she's doing....but then neither does she .

Dyffryn Fri 09-Jun-17 20:01:16

Shocked that anyone who thinks homophobic, antiabortion, creationist people are ok to form a coalition with. I really despise the Tory party now. They really are in the dark ages.

MaizieD Fri 09-Jun-17 20:04:10

I agree, HeyHo PR is the way to go and it is bad and unfair that we don't have it.

Barmyoldbat Sat 10-Jun-17 00:12:40

May , , him. is the true result. Will wait for Zak Goldsmith to resign again with a by election ...... I think we will end up having another general election

BlueBelle Sat 10-Jun-17 06:25:12

CORBYN Is nt a 'truly dreadful man' he has some principles that he's stuck to all his career even though they have often made him unpopular and you can't say that about most Tories who have always flown with the wind
The press and right wing media have done a real 'job' on Corbyn

absent Sat 10-Jun-17 06:58:19

BlueBelle If you think about Tony Blair and New Labour, you can't say that about them either.

Baggs Sat 10-Jun-17 07:30:13

If members of parliament are supposed to do what their constituents want them to do (represent), then what's wrong with the metaphorical flying with the wind? Isn't representative government meant to represent the people rather than the politicians they vote for? The word democracy is from demos, meaning the people.

That is not an argument in favour of or against any current politician, just a general observation that we seem to forget rather a lot.

mumofmadboys Sat 10-Jun-17 09:18:56

Corbyn at least has principles and sticks to them.

whitewave Sat 10-Jun-17 09:26:23

baggs I don't think the people forget, but the politicians certainly do. May thought nothing about spending our hard earned millions on her latest vanity project only to crash and burn with the potential to spend yet more millions to get a majority.

That and the fact that her minority government means that very little can be achieved.

We need the politicians to work together , but will they? Will they heck