Gransnet forums

News & politics

Thank you for the Politics thread.

(61 Posts)
Nandalot Sun 18-Jun-17 16:03:23

There has been some feeling recently about the political threads but I'd like to commend all those who comment. I feel that I have been much better informed since joining Gransnet. There are some very well-informed contributors on a variety of subjects The links provided, by all shades of the political spectrum, are usually well worth reading. I hope this post is not too controversial!

Rigby46 Mon 19-Jun-17 18:02:23

BTW here's another spade .......

FarNorth Mon 19-Jun-17 19:24:45

varian, Alistair Carmichael was found guilty of lying about not knowing where the leak had come from, and of misrepresenting himself as an honest person, since he was the one who had authorised the leak.

durhamjen Mon 19-Jun-17 19:27:45

However, it was nothing to do with JRF.

grannypiper Mon 19-Jun-17 20:13:23

What hole Rigby ? as for my posts shout anyone down, really ? i can state my point then read posts left by others and accept them, i can accept other people have different points of view to try and dont feel they need to try and bring them round to my point.

GracesGranMK2 Mon 19-Jun-17 20:56:00

Of course you can do all those things but if you state your view without any evidence or with misinformation people will disagree with you. You seem to see that as bullying - without adding anything that enables us to judge what you say just wafting an accusation in the air. I, for one, don't know you from Adam so why should I just accept your opinion? You are talking about posting on politics threads not a cup of tea with the vicar.

rosesarered Mon 19-Jun-17 22:47:43

Another duff bickering thread.

durhamjen Mon 19-Jun-17 22:49:28

You don't have to join in, roses. Or if you feel you have to, you could say something constructive.
I appreciate you starting this thread, nandalot.

grannypiper Tue 20-Jun-17 07:37:03

GGMK2 I never asked you to accept my point of view.

GracesGranMK2 Tue 20-Jun-17 08:24:49

GGMK2 I never asked you to accept my point of view.

But when points of view are not accepted GP - even though they may have no basis in fact - you call it bullying. That is, by default not asking but insisting the unproved points of view are accepted.

I have now explained my views on your unwarranted comment about 'bullying' several times. You are not suggesting my views are not true or offering any evidence that what you call bullying. There seems no point in carrying on with this conversation. You are not offering the only argument that would prove this so called bullying exists - that is an example. Otherwise you are doing exactly as I said, and you are actually objecting to robust debate on the basis of fact which is what will always happen on politics threads - that is what discussing politics is about.

You, however, appear yet again to think you can throw in an accusation of bullying with no proof whatsoever and then just try and ride this thread in an attempt to take it off course. What is the point of such posts on a "Thank you for the politics thread". I for one am grateful for them and all I have learned from them and I am certainly not grateful for those who try to derail threads as you have been doing.

Your argument that inferred M0nica or anyone else has been bullied so far has about the same weight as pictures of kittens which is what I imagine you will resort to next.

GracesGranMK2 Tue 20-Jun-17 08:26:58

that what you call bullying
about what you call bullying