Gransnet forums

News & politics

Corbyn as Peace Ambassador

(39 Posts)
Luckylegs9 Mon 26-Jun-17 16:20:19

I think Corbyn and his band would be perfect to go to Syria and talk to Isis, he could explain that their actions are very foolhardy, they would surely listen to him, he abhors any violence, says there are other channels to pyrsue, talking settles most disputes, let him put his money where his mouth is. They would hang on his every work and ie ace would prevail. The whole world would be grateful to him, he would get the admiration he seeks, not a knighthood of course, the monarchy would have to go, he would then be President of Great Britain. Our very first.. There are so many trouble spots he could intervene with his own special brand of magic his silver tongue would coax the most dissident.. I would sponsor him.

Luckylegs9 Mon 26-Jun-17 16:21:08

Pursue, i pad taking over again.

rosesarered Mon 26-Jun-17 16:35:23

.....or he might end up minus his head?

rosesarered Mon 26-Jun-17 16:37:50

I think meeting ISIS leaders would be a step too far, even for Corbyn.grin

Alima Mon 26-Jun-17 16:39:09

You are joking Ll9? One mention of that name on here gets people at each other's throats. Syria has enough problems to deal with, don't wish him on them too.

Rigby46 Mon 26-Jun-17 16:40:51

Just another goady thread .... sigh. And full of such wisdom and insight

Ana Mon 26-Jun-17 16:42:24

Wel, just ignore it Rigby - no one's asking you for your approval or otherwise.

Anniebach Mon 26-Jun-17 16:56:27

Best not to let him there, he claimed he was bringing a kinder politics to Westminster , since then MP's have received threats of rape, they have been threatened with de selection . A female Jew MP was reduced to tear by a bully from momentum and the lover of peace hugged him. A woman undergoing treatment for breast cancer had her office broken into, a hit list of decent MP's was released , many of the Jewish faith have been angered and distressed l

Not a good choice for a peace maker

petra Mon 26-Jun-17 16:59:21

I would advise he has a long talk with Terry Waite Re negotiating with people in the Middle East.

whitewave Mon 26-Jun-17 17:01:23

I tell you what let's send May as I have every confidence that her negotiating skills will astound the entire world.

yggdrasil Mon 26-Jun-17 17:01:27

Oh not again sad

Rigby46 Mon 26-Jun-17 17:08:09

Time for another cup of tea methinks

Ana Mon 26-Jun-17 17:11:44

Why not have a quick look on MN and see what you can stir up there?

Rigby46 Mon 26-Jun-17 17:16:02

Oh I rather think the stirring is being done so well today by others starting goady posts one might almost think it was planned

Ana Mon 26-Jun-17 17:29:16

Paranoia seems to have struck - or is it just that you can't actually stop people posting what they want to?

That must be very frustrating for a control freak...

Anniebach Mon 26-Jun-17 17:32:20

Planned Rigsby? Not everyone plans via PM

petra Mon 26-Jun-17 21:40:03

Annie grin

suzied Tue 27-Jun-17 05:35:09

May would be much better with her strong and stable, sound and sensible suggestions. She is quite at ease negotiating with the Saudis and the DUP.

Luckylegs9 Tue 27-Jun-17 05:52:03

Difference between May and Corbyn. She doesn't say that we don't need armed forces or Trident, that talking solves everything, so why bring her into the equation.

suzied Tue 27-Jun-17 06:24:49

Oops sorry I thought you were making a sensible suggestion as a way of achieving peace in the Middle East, oh no you were attacking Corbyn's beliefs.

whitewave Tue 27-Jun-17 06:59:19

More hypotheticals so that Corbyn can be attacked.

I csnt take it seriously im afraid as it is all nonsense.

Try discussing facts

NannyMcPhU Tue 27-Jun-17 07:34:43

We've all seen the real May and the real Corbyn during the election campaign.

One made a right balks up by snatching defeat from the jaws of victory and th public saw through her. The other out performed expectations, and addressed the questions in public debate.

No matter what political colour you are, you have to agree that the above statement is pure fact.

whitewave Tue 27-Jun-17 07:36:29

nanny

More facts neededsmile

ninny Tue 27-Jun-17 09:41:34

He would just surrender everything we have to the other side and that would be after bowing and scraping to them.
Peace Embassador more like a court jester.

whitewave Tue 27-Jun-17 09:43:45

Is that a fact ninny? If so can you give me a reference, or is it hot air?