Gransnet forums

News & politics

Policies please!!!

(311 Posts)
trisher Mon 23-Oct-17 10:19:06

Dear Gransnetters
I am making a sincere request for any ideas and policies you think might help me and my government cling on to power keep the country on a strong and stable path. We are willing to consider anything. Sajid has already launched a housing idea, Michael is busy searching through Jeremy's bins for cast offs and Boris has promised to keep his nose out of things is focussing on foreign policy. But I am sure some of you have really good ideas. Don't worry about u-turns I am willing to swivel 360% and more if it will keep me in power is in the country's interests. So please send them to me. Desperately Seeking Solutions Theresa @No.10

trisher Mon 23-Oct-17 14:30:01

She may think she's doing well but my secret weapon Ruth Davidson will deal with the person you are talking about paddyann. I'm just grateful they are both in the Scottish Parliament and I don't have to deal with them every day.

durhamjen Wed 25-Oct-17 10:23:56

"G4S and Serco could be about to get police powers of arrest. [1] They've ripped off taxpayers and been accused of abusing people in their care - soon they could be carrying handcuffs and turning up on doorsteps to arrest people. [2]

The minister for Justice, David Lidington, is deciding right now whether to give powers of arrest to G4S and Serco as part of a police privatisation plan. [3] So far the public has been shut out of the decision, but with our liberty on the line, it's time to make our voices heard.

A huge public outcry could stop these plans in their tracks. Together, we can prove the public want bobbies on the beat, not a private police force. If thousands of us add our names to a petition demanding these dangerous plans are dropped, the government will be forced to listen."

This is no joke. It could really be policy if we don't stop it.
Petition on 38 degrees.

Cindersdad Wed 25-Oct-17 10:45:21

Until the government actually faces reality and disconnects from the far right wing of the Tory party and admits that Brexit was a huge mistake they cannot seriously look at new policies. They will of course loose their a majority and need a general election or seriously co-operate in a government of national unity made up from moderates of all parties.

Each day we hear more desperate messages from the Brexit camp and so far no hints of sanity. It has surely to stop.

Then the healing can perhaps begin. David Cameron what did you unleash and why? The "Will of the People" has to be respected but it has changed since June 2016, June 2017 showed that..

trisher Wed 25-Oct-17 10:51:52

dj Hubby and his friends need to line their pockets invest in the future.
Cindersdad I don't allow that man's name to be mentioned in my presence.

durhamjen Wed 25-Oct-17 12:35:29

I thought Hubby had stopped working with G4S. Is that a fib?

durhamjen Wed 25-Oct-17 12:48:10

I think you might get a lot more votes if you stopped selling arms to Saudi Arabia, to kill Yemen children.

"Last year, the UN found Saudi Arabia and its allies to be responsible for 60% of Yemen’s child casualties in 2015, but they were not held to account. Over 37,500 of you spoke out against this injustice, telling the UN Secretary-General that no one is powerful enough to get away with killing children — and your voices were heard.

In this year’s annual Children and Armed Conflict report, the UN named and shamed the Saudi-led Coalition for committing grave violations against children. Now, all parties to Yemen’s war have finally been held accountable for killing and maiming children. In order to be removed from the blacklist, Saudi Arabia and its allies must work with the UN to prepare and put into place concrete, time-bound action plans to end their violations — preventing further deaths of innocent children."

You could say you support the UN - even better.

mostlyharmless Wed 25-Oct-17 15:44:42

Dear Theresa

One simple policy would be to stop the six week delay in receiving Universal Credit. That would be popular.

(Or is that delay going to save a couple of billion that could go into the coffers to replace some of the billions given to the DUP?)

durhamjen Wed 25-Oct-17 16:28:36

infacts.org/i-wondering-whether-kind/

I was wondering if you would be so kind as to tell us whether you intend to make all schools free schools, and who will run them among your wealthy friends.

trisher Wed 25-Oct-17 17:42:17

dj hubby has severed his links with G4S (it was becoming a little embarrassing) however many of his friends who we gave tips to are still involved.
We are assured by our friends in Saudi that none of our arms are being used to attack Yemen.
You know mostly harmless 6 weeks really isn't that long, some of us will be lucky if we survive that long.
Free Schools dj Free Schools. We don't believe in FREE things.

durhamjen Wed 25-Oct-17 18:14:22

I wonder if you would be so kind as to tell us whether you agree with the population's priorities for infrastructure, and if so, are you going to announce the Green New Deal?

www.taxresearch.org.uk/Blog/2017/10/25/the-public-want-the-green-new-deals-investment-priorities/

trisher Wed 25-Oct-17 21:02:26

We are strongly committed to Fracking now because we have shares in the companies we believe in green energy.

durhamjen Wed 25-Oct-17 21:20:41

I wonder if you would be so kind as to tell me how on earth you think fracking is green?

mostlyharmless Wed 25-Oct-17 21:28:56

Yes, Theresa, a week is apparently a long time in politics according to Harold Wilson.

Will you last that long? Six weeks does seem optimistic.

I do hope you're managing to keep everyone happy in the cabinet. Remember to never turn your back on Boris.

durhamjen Wed 25-Oct-17 21:36:03

I wonder if you would be so kind as to watch this video about Jeremy Hunt, then sack him.

skwawkbox.org/2017/10/25/nhs-campaigner-stefanovic-sets-hunts-twitter-schooling-to-video/

Sorry it's on skwawkbox, but Gove thinks it's okay.

durhamjen Wed 25-Oct-17 22:47:38

I wonder if you would be so kind as to ask people to paint their roofs white, thus mitigating the effects of greenhouse gas emissions.

M0nica Thu 26-Oct-17 08:45:41

Dear Theresa, Please stand up and stand straight. Look and walk like a confident leader. As it is you scuttle around, shoulders rounded, head poked forward, like a worried tortoise. You do not give the impression of a woman of power. Have a word with Christine Lagarde, MD of the IMF. She always looks the part. Confident stance, immaculately coiffed and dressed. When she walks into a room she commands it. You don't.

You would then find it much easier to rule your cabinet, get rid of the tossers (Boris, David Davies, Jeremy Hunt) and politically emasculate them so they are not a threat to you outside the cabinet and give us a less extreme right wing, knee jerk government and move back to the mixed economy and more balanced social system most of us want.

Cindersdad Thu 26-Oct-17 09:15:20

M0nica I agree with you but if TM got rid of "the tossers" she would have an empty cabinet. I don't think Jeremy Hunt and Phillip Hammond are too bad but she must ditch the hard right side if the conservatives are to survive a general election as Jeremy Corbyn needs to reign in the hard left.

Whatever policies are adopted they need to be acceptable to both right and left of the country to avoid costly and unnecessary switches following elections. Best option coalitions in the interest of the country, we need PR for that.

trisher Thu 26-Oct-17 10:13:07

If I get rid of Jeremy, Boris, and David who am I left with- Michael? Now there's some one you DON'T want behind you, who knows when he will decide to get the knife out again? Anyway I believe in "Keep your friends close but your enemies closer." (The first are sadly lacking anyway, so what choice have I got)

Anniebach Thu 26-Oct-17 10:38:44

Corbyn is hard left, he has worked hard to get more hard left into the party. I agree neither far left or far right will win votes across the country

trisher Thu 26-Oct-17 10:54:09

Corbyn? Who wants to talk about him? This is my thread and I'm looking for policies. (There may be people working for me trawling through his manifesto looking for ideas, but I couldn't possibly comment)
dj Fracking IS green, Donald told me (so it must be true)

durhamjen Thu 26-Oct-17 11:18:16

Are you still taking notice of the donald? You must be the only one who is!

durhamjen Thu 26-Oct-17 11:29:15

Sorry, I forgot I was trying to be polite to you.

I wonder if you would be so kind as to ask Michael Gove to go along with the rest of the EU and ban glyphosate (Roundup)?
It does lots of harm to the environment, and is even being found in honey all over the world. It kills off all plants needed by bees and butterflies, and will really harm our food production.
It will also stop Monsanto from taking over worldwide food production.

whitewave Thu 26-Oct-17 13:06:51

I read that you want to change the Tory logo.

Are suggestions welcome? If so I would like to suggest a dead duck

M0nica Thu 26-Oct-17 14:07:11

I would like to suggest an ostrich, but sadly their head in the sand act is a myth - on the other hand.........................

whitewave Thu 26-Oct-17 14:15:49

Or headless chicken