Gransnet forums

News & politics

Policies please!!!

(311 Posts)
trisher Mon 23-Oct-17 10:19:06

Dear Gransnetters
I am making a sincere request for any ideas and policies you think might help me and my government cling on to power keep the country on a strong and stable path. We are willing to consider anything. Sajid has already launched a housing idea, Michael is busy searching through Jeremy's bins for cast offs and Boris has promised to keep his nose out of things is focussing on foreign policy. But I am sure some of you have really good ideas. Don't worry about u-turns I am willing to swivel 360% and more if it will keep me in power is in the country's interests. So please send them to me. Desperately Seeking Solutions Theresa @No.10

FarNorth Sun 17-Dec-17 09:22:05

From that link:
"Earlier this week bankers received yet another taxpayer handout amounting to nearly £5 billion, while the Tories crushed Labour’s proposal to properly fund children’s services at a time when at least 4 million kids are living in poverty."

I expect you know what you're doing with this, Theresa, and those children are really not necessary for the UK's success so you don't need to worry about how they're getting on.

You want the UK to be a rich country, of course, so focusing on rich people makes sense, doesn't it.

durhamjen Sun 17-Dec-17 09:41:37

Theresa, who have you asked to write a paper on it?
Hope it's not David Gauke.
He says that his department needs to learn more about the system he is using.
Self esteem is more important than money to buy food with, apparently.
He doesn't appear to like experts telling him otherwise.

durhamjen Sun 17-Dec-17 10:41:35

Are you Theresa's spad, FarNorth?
She needs one - she appears to have sacked all the ones she had.

FarNorth Sun 17-Dec-17 11:29:16

Ooh, I'm not but you think there could be an opportunity for me there, dj?

trisher Sun 17-Dec-17 14:25:51

Well what a week! 11 rebels in the party! On the bright side Michael, Boris and everyone else are keeping very quiet- suddenly it seems they don't want to be PM. They are hatching a nice little plot about worker's rights and holidays (oops shh!). But I did have a lovely meal and talked to lots of rich people who want to keep us in power. Of course their riches do trickle down to the poorest, just not very much of them.

mostlyharmless Sun 17-Dec-17 14:40:28

I see Michael seems now to be a reborn environmentalist and planning for a Green Brexit.
Beware of sheep in wolves clothing Theresa.

mostlyharmless Sun 17-Dec-17 14:41:37

I mean wolves in sheep's clothing!!!

durhamjen Fri 12-Jan-18 22:21:16

Didn't know where this would fit. Here as much as anywhere, Theresa.

kittysjones.wordpress.com/2018/01/12/the-financial-times-are-having-a-laugh/

FarNorth Sat 13-Jan-18 21:21:10

I hope Theresa has time to drop in and read that for light relief, dj.

durhamjen Sun 21-Jan-18 22:58:18

Theresa, you really must read this. It's so simple.

www.dropbox.com/s/gox0tsyzim4oeyu/millennialsmoney_chptr1.pptx?dl=0