Gransnet forums

News & politics

Party leaders

(188 Posts)
Anniebach Wed 29-Nov-17 13:27:39

No matter the Party you support or are considering supporting would you be content for your party candidates to sign a loyalty to the leader clause or not being allowed to stand ,do you see it as taking away freedom to vote with one's conscience?

GracesGranMK2 Tue 05-Dec-17 12:28:25

Why is it of interest to none LP members that Blair won three elections? People don't vote (well not thinking people) just for someone that knows how to win. If he didn't stand for the politics they wanted to vote for it's irrelevant; if he did they presumably chose to vote in that direction. It is history to them whatever way they voted - they will just not be interested in the internecine strife and petty jibes.

From a Labour Party point of view those who disagree with the leadership and the direction the majority is taking the party have several choices. They can persuade, by presenting a positive case, from within or they can leave and start a new party or they can wait and put their case in future party elections. What they are actually doing is making personal attacks on people who have been democratically elected and whinging. It is not a good look and certainly not an attractive one to people outside the LP. It's looks as if they would rather the LP to failed than succeeded with policies they, the minority, don't agree with.

Anniebach Tue 05-Dec-17 13:38:05

I do not want Corbyn as PM, with him comes McDonald, Abbott, Len McClusky , plus the voters who moved from the communist party to Labour when Corbyn became leader.

This is what we will get lemon, now he needs to get middle England turn out to vote for him .

trisher Tue 05-Dec-17 13:53:22

People have been asked many times to state what policies they find unacceptable in the Labour manifesto. They never do so. If there are things they want to change they should focus on those and stop attempting to destroy personalities.

Anniebach Tue 05-Dec-17 14:16:36

Corbyn hasn't got a personality

Anniebach Tue 05-Dec-17 14:18:40

And people have been asked to stop telling posters how and what to post, they never oblige

whitewave Tue 05-Dec-17 14:20:35

This thread really ought to be entitled

Obsession: my hatred of Corbyn

NfkDumpling Tue 05-Dec-17 17:50:30

I think Mr Corbyn keeps his personality well hidden most of the time. He has given the occasional flash of contempt which I really don’t like. And the thought of them others .....

Anniebach Tue 05-Dec-17 17:51:07

Really? I don't think so, I wrote the thread title and I don't hate. I don't trust him, I think him deceitful , that's it. Hate is such a waste of energy as are all negative emotions

whitewave Tue 05-Dec-17 17:51:56

How about obsessed?

Anniebach Tue 05-Dec-17 18:20:36

Not at all. Now why don't you find something interesting to say instead of trying to goad me? So childish

durhamjen Tue 05-Dec-17 18:29:42

Someone else who gets it wrong about Corbyn all the time.

skwawkbox.org/2017/12/05/yet-another-bbc-anti-lab-failure-robinson-says-corbyn-didnt-respond-on-eu/

durhamjen Tue 05-Dec-17 20:12:11

labourlist.org/2017/12/thousands-of-submissions-pour-in-for-labours-democracy-review/