Gransnet forums

News & politics

I have tried to contact HQ regarding this fora. Cant access

(164 Posts)
jollyg Thu 18-Jan-18 14:59:32

I

I find it extremely stupid to include news and politics in on thread.

Sorry they are not good bedfellows.

Politics here seems to bring on ranters, and cut and pasters, not quite what news is about.

Let those who complain vociferously do so please, but NEWS is a different subject where we can all discuss amicably

durhamjen Sun 04-Feb-18 14:43:32

Really, MissA? You're just saying that to disagree with me.
The reason jollyg started the thread was because she didn't want news and politics mixing up. I assume by that she meant party politics.

I am worried about your veins and arteries, elegran. Yellow?
I'd go and see the doctor as you might be liverish.

MissAdventure Sun 04-Feb-18 14:53:26

No, I'm saying it because jollyg said she posted it on the 18th of January, had forgotten all about it, and has better things to do.
I don't use the site as a way of finding people to disagree with, as I said before, I find it tedious.

jollyg Sun 04-Feb-18 14:54:25

Thanks DJ .

Last place I will visit is anywhere there is such controversy with Elegran, and yourself

Not to be reccomended. Ill have to have a lie down with the pills.

Enjoy. Sumer is coming

durhamjen Sun 04-Feb-18 14:54:41

Yet here you are.....

durhamjen Sun 04-Feb-18 14:55:50

Sorry, jollyg, that was to missA, not you.

durhamjen Sun 04-Feb-18 14:59:29

Just as a matter of interest, jollyg, have you managed to contact HQ about it, and if so, what have they said?
You can do so by reporting one of your posts, or even one of mine if you must as people seem to like doing so.
I said a while ago, and others have said so, too, that when I joined there were two separate threads.

jollyg Sun 04-Feb-18 15:31:36

Thanks DJ. I was under the impression that our worthy
GN Mods checked things.

My initial post was so innocuous, I thought no more of it as mentioned.

Don't some folk get steamed up, maybe its that yellow thing in the sky or the blood moon.

I have a neighbour who works in a care home, not quite sure what all the disabilities are, but they certainly do get worked up on a full moon, or PURNIMA in India

durhamjen Sun 04-Feb-18 15:38:32

I never look at a full moon through glass, just in case I turn into a weirwolf. My mum told me that.

Having been to visit my mother in law in a care home for a few years, I can vouch for the fact that they don't need a full moon to get worked up, particularly the ones who have dementia.

Jalima1108 Sun 04-Feb-18 15:48:34

I was told not to look at a new moon through glass; it is supposed to be unlucky. You're supposed to go outside with a coin in your hand and turn the coin over to bring you luck.

and if anyone believes that .....

Well, they believed the moon affected people it in the olden days hence the term 'lunatics'.

Jalima1108 Sun 04-Feb-18 15:55:53

I said a while ago, and others have said so, too, that when I joined there were two separate threads.
So did it work and why did they combine them?
Does anyone know?
GNHQ?

Elegran Sun 04-Feb-18 15:57:53

It seemed to wotk OK. HQ did some re-organising of the site, and that was when the two were combined, along with other changes.

Elegran Sun 04-Feb-18 15:58:41

wotk? I meant work. Fat fingers.

Jalima1108 Sun 04-Feb-18 15:59:39

sometimes news is just news.