Gransnet forums

News & politics

So - what is Farage up to now ?!?

(344 Posts)
jura2 Sun 21-Jan-18 17:12:31

any thoughts?

jura2 Tue 06-Feb-18 09:47:40

well, I might be ok, as I am quite far away ;) - but the thought my family and grand-children in the UK could be at risk because they have IT thugs following internet links- is disturbingly chilling sad

radicalnan Tue 06-Feb-18 10:33:51

Mogg the thug? And an invitation to guess what Farage is up to.

One hundred years since women got the vote and we are still playing insults and guessing games.

At this rate it will be another 100 years before better change happpens.

Until we recognise that the world dominates politics, and we have human nature to deal with and 'labels' are not helpful, we won't get better politics to represent ourselves in.

Worldwide we haven't had a decent leader for ages, but if you want to stick to the girlish approach of name calling and supposition, then you will forever be distracted from progress.

If you think you can do better, have a go. We are diminishing the pool of willing politicians by the constant demolishing of them as people, those will real ability and strength can earn more in different careers.

We are older people, we had our chances, did we have the courage to take the risks the Suffragettes did? No but happy to sit at a keyboard posting insults, risk free and spiteful.

At least Trump is having a day off from the vitriol of old women.

Bridgeit Tue 06-Feb-18 10:36:16

So very well put Radicalnan. Thank you

whitewave Tue 06-Feb-18 10:38:01

I assume that you are both a supporter of Mogg?

Bridgeit Tue 06-Feb-18 10:44:24

If that was to me Whitewave, no I don’t, I am having great difficulty in supporting anyone ,the odd individual politician inspires some hope in me,but as for a party to wholeheartedly believe in - we’ll there just isn’t one?

Kim19 Tue 06-Feb-18 10:46:23

Just quietly soldiering along feathering his own nest and massaging his ego.

granma47 Tue 06-Feb-18 10:50:25

Farage influencing 'The Donald' on the NHS - bad

cwasin Tue 06-Feb-18 11:07:52

Oh how I wish Hillary was president.

suttonJ Tue 06-Feb-18 11:13:59

No need to be concerned for Farage's future....once he leaves the European Parliament, he get a pension of more than £70000 for life. What a shameless hypocrite.

whitewave Tue 06-Feb-18 11:20:53

No I’m sorry bridgeit I meant radicalnan

She is a person who pops up when Farage or UKIP is being discussed and defends them.

Bridgeit Tue 06-Feb-18 11:22:23

?

allule Tue 06-Feb-18 11:36:53

I'm just wondering how the "will of the British people" turned into the whim of Theresa May.

Camelotclub Tue 06-Feb-18 11:53:38

Can you imagine the flack Churchill would get nowadays? He could put booze away like nobody's businesses (at least bottle of champers a day) and apparently used to dictate to his secretary while in the bath (him not her). But he got us through WW2.

Not like the anodyne clones we are stuck with now. Boris may be a liability but at least he speaks his mind.

sarahellenwhitney Tue 06-Feb-18 11:55:33

susied.What ever opinions are of Farage be they on his personal life, which is no business of you or I, but issues which affect the UK.
He is not afraid to tread where others fear.One should give thought to the Farage comment, following President Trumps statement of the British NHS being ' broke', which was Quote. The UK wanted a National NOT an International Health Service
This problem did not happen overnight.Think about it.

whitewave Tue 06-Feb-18 11:59:15

sarah I’m not sure what you are saying?

GoldenAge Tue 06-Feb-18 12:34:37

whitewave - I agree it's unsettling - but what's also encouraging is the fact that we mature women seem to be aligned in our condemnation of the intolerance that characterises the UKIP philosophy, irrespective of which maniac is at its helm.

sarahellenwhitney Tue 06-Feb-18 13:59:59

whitewave
Threads from many appear to believe it necessary to make reference to the private life of Nigel Farage and quite frequently, other politicians, they do not approve of. Stick to the point Truths will hurt and Farage upsets many.He treads where other haven't the bottle. A major UK issue now, and who can deny, is the state of our NHS.Trump, IF you read the news, was alleged to have made comment to the Brit NHS as being' broke' this following the Farage comment that the NHS was formed to be the National H S . NOT the International H S.
What we are experiencing now did not come about overnight and started way before the name Farage or Brexit came into our lives. Think about it.

whitewave Tue 06-Feb-18 14:07:30

I’m not sure that there is anything about Farages private life on here, and frankly I don’t give a damn.

Still not clear of your point.

Are you saying that Trump or Farage are correct?

Jalima1108 Tue 06-Feb-18 14:14:12

Come on whitewave - I thought that Nige promised £350m per week to the NHS!

Oh, sorry he then backtracked sad.

maryeliza54 Tue 06-Feb-18 15:21:38

Politicians’ private lives are not necessarily irrelevant - it depends. Having a string of mistresses/wives (Farage and Boris for example) would only matter if what they were saying politically did not match their private behaviour. However, with Bolton, the fact that his girlfriend sent such vile racist texts does matter I think. As for Farage, I remain astonished at the fact that he has 5/6 slots a week on LBC to peddle his lies and fantasies and that the BBC allows him so much airtime - at one time he seemed like the resident panellist on Question Time.

whitewave Tue 06-Feb-18 15:31:02

I read that one of Farages cronies/supporter has been detained in South Africa and passport confiscated for spreading racial hatred.

Who?

Why Hopkins of course. No surprises there

quizqueen Tue 06-Feb-18 15:33:29

I find the vitriol and comments about Mr Farage and Mr Rees-Mogg (and Trump) on here actually quite pathetic especially from people our age who should know better but instead choose to behave like the school bully. Both men campaign tirelessly for our country to return to be able to organise its own affairs and you think that is wrong!!!

You would rather just be a vassal state of a large corrupt organisation led by countries who wanted to conquer us by war in the past. We actually need more of their calibre. You think Corbyn is some sort of bearded white knight because he wants to punish people who have done well for themselves and are rich so he can give it all away to the 'poor' (often undeserving, in my opinion). Very often these are people who find themselves in unsatisfactory situations because they have bed-hopped around just as you accuse Mr Farage/Bolton of doing, in fact).

Everyone has a chance to do well in this country if they do well at school and in work but many choose to just drift along and blame others for their perceived hardship. Don't get pregnant if you can't afford to have children and, if you have them, then feed them properly instead of buying fags and booze and then expecting the schools to feed them (with tax payers' money).

I am proud to have been a UKIP supporter in its heyday although I admit it has lost its way since Nigel left. I am proud of Nigel for helping to win the vote to get us out of the EU. I fully support Mr Rees-Mogg to be the next leader of the Tory party and, hopefully, Prime Minister and I support all the Americans who voted Mr Trump in to office rather than that awful Clinton woman.

maryeliza54 Tue 06-Feb-18 15:33:38

Well knock me down with a feather, who’d thunk it?

maryeliza54 Tue 06-Feb-18 15:34:09

That was to ww btw

Sillyoldfool Tue 06-Feb-18 15:35:43

I am truly astonished that there are mature people on here that seem feel such antipathy to the country they live in. What did we fight two world wars for??