Gransnet forums

News & politics

Corbyn and Momentum

(1001 Posts)
lemongrove Wed 21-Feb-18 22:33:26

Hopefully this will be about politics and news only ,with no personal remarks or attempts to stifle.

Jon Lansman is more dangerous than Corbyn, at least at the moment.

lemongrove Thu 22-Feb-18 09:38:43

The thing about Momentum is, that rather than being a helping hand for the Labour Party, they are a group wholly dedicated to the cult of one man Jeremy Corbyn and his far left views and policies.Their modus operandi is to push him relenlessly forward while stifling any opposition to themselves ( and therefore him) including anyone who gets in their way within the LP. Targeting council seats and NEC seats and Labour MP’s who never agreed with the appointment of Corbyn.
Wonder where they learned all these tactics?!

GracesGranMK2 Thu 22-Feb-18 09:38:52

Hopefully this will be about politics and news only ,with no personal remarks or attempts to stifle.

It is a great shame when threads get pulled especially when the thread gave great insight into how he media were behaving and what people felt they could say because of it.

However, it seems some of the posters on this thread have no insight whatsoever into the fact that they were at least partly to blame for it being pulled. You then decide to challenge the rest of GN because, of course, you know just what is right an how to behave. I despair!

GracesGranMK2 Thu 22-Feb-18 09:40:00

the not he. and not an.

lemongrove Thu 22-Feb-18 09:45:35

GGM2 I had to report your post on it, which was deleted quite rightly.
Is it at all possible that you can discuss politics ( this thread is about Corbyn and Momentum) because if not, you can ignore the thread, there are plenty of others.

GracesGranMK2 Thu 22-Feb-18 09:48:13

And I reported a couple of yours a which time the thread was pulled.

GracesGranMK2 Thu 22-Feb-18 09:50:23

I am pretty sure you heard from GN too.

I am very happy to leave you to your Corbyn bashing Lemons and go on the actual politics threads but you do not help anything by some of the comments you have made on here.

lemongrove Thu 22-Feb-18 09:53:32

There was nothing of mine to report, as I didn’t indulge in any personal posts on the thread at all nor did I receive any comments from HQ about it.
Now, back to the present thread, do you have anything political to say at all about Corbyn?

lemongrove Thu 22-Feb-18 09:54:49

If you continue in this vein GGM2 I will have to ask HQ to speak to you.

whitewave Thu 22-Feb-18 09:58:55

Blimey lemon in the thick of it again I see!

Anniebach Thu 22-Feb-18 10:02:22

Venezuela is .utopia, Corbyn said so

Thank youtu.be/VSIQAKpaR20

whitewave Thu 22-Feb-18 10:03:44

Momentum are in Coventry on 27th February and have asked people to join them in looking at the democracy review and to then feed ideas into the review.

whitewave Thu 22-Feb-18 10:10:12

Tweet by Tom London

“Gavin Williamson the defence secretary accused the leader of Her Majesties opposition a traitor. This is a deeply grave matter.

Williamson should be sacked”

gillybob Thu 22-Feb-18 10:12:59

Corbyn is to give a speech next week on Brexit

Oh I do hope he is going to tell us how he would have done it so much better. wink

whitewave Thu 22-Feb-18 10:13:03

71% of our press is owned by 6 tax dodging millionaire.

that Is why Corbyn is right to look at the lack of plurality in our MSM

whitewave Thu 22-Feb-18 10:13:43

gilly there isn’t a government in the world who could do worse than the current one.

Anniebach Thu 22-Feb-18 10:19:03

Be interesting to hear Corbyn's views on Brexit, he has never shared them

LauraGransnet (GNHQ) Thu 22-Feb-18 10:23:47

Can we remind everyone that if this turns into a thread about a thread, it will breach guidelines and will be removed.

Anniebach Thu 22-Feb-18 10:24:40

They are behind you Jeremy ?

youtu.be/7eay91ANem0

lemongrove Thu 22-Feb-18 10:32:26

whitewave says ‘there isn’t a government in the world that could do worse than this one’ really ? In the world? ?

lemongrove Thu 22-Feb-18 10:35:55

Yes gilly I imagine some are waiting with bated breath for that speech!
Corbyn agrees with Brexit, for his own ideaological reasons so has always been reluctant to say anything at all.
Always easy for the Opposition to say how wonderfully well they would do things ( as they don’t actually have to do anything themselves.)

gillybob Thu 22-Feb-18 10:40:28

Personally I can't wait lemon .

Hopefully he will have all the answers to complicated trade agreements, border controls and everything else in between. How amazing will that be? Businesses will be able to breath a huge sigh of relief .

Anniebach Thu 22-Feb-18 10:50:25

He is making a speech, doubt questions will be permitted, which is what is needed

lemongrove Thu 22-Feb-18 13:39:57

The truth is that Labour is just as divided as the Conservatives when it comes to the nitty gritty of Brexit plans.

Grandad1943 Thu 22-Feb-18 14:22:20

In regard to the formation of Momentum and its influence on the Labour party, that can easily be tracked back to the Unite unions forward thinking in the formation of its Community Branches several years ago.

The Labour Party was born out of the Trade union movement in the early decades of the last century. That close ongoing relationship was lost following "the winter of discontent" in 1979 and indeed became very strained during the Blair premiership years. However, following the "Banking Crisis" of 2008 the Unite Union took the decision to tightly focus once again on its political strategy, hence the formation of its Community Branches

The above branches under the leadership of Unite lay union reps met with great success and through the longstanding Unite affiliation to the Labour party, nominated community branch members have been able to take up trade union representative positions long set aside for them within the Labour party district, constituency, regional structure.

The independent Community Branches (also joined later by activists from other leading unions) formed an affiliation under which Momentum was brought into being. I certainly feel that the above has been a good democratic development in Britain's political body. Once again political discussion has been brought back to those who would otherwise find it difficult to have their views considered in places that have the powers to bring about change by way of a mainstream political party.

Some of Britain's greatest statesman came out of trade union movement, Ernist Bevan, Nye Bevan and Clement Atlee to name but a few.

Ilovecheese Thu 22-Feb-18 15:08:02

Grandad1943 You are the voice of reason.

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion