Gransnet forums

News & politics

Corbyn and Momentum

(1000 Posts)
lemongrove Wed 21-Feb-18 22:33:26

Hopefully this will be about politics and news only ,with no personal remarks or attempts to stifle.

Jon Lansman is more dangerous than Corbyn, at least at the moment.

Anniebach Wed 21-Feb-18 22:38:01

I agree lemon , he really troubles me.

POGS Wed 21-Feb-18 23:04:20

Why can't I find Corbyns Magnetism thread.?

Did it reach a 1000 posts?

lemongrove Wed 21-Feb-18 23:28:44

It was pulled, as some posters were getting more and more personal POGS
Hopefully this thread will remain calmer and talk about anything to with Corbyn and not posters.

lemongrove Wed 21-Feb-18 23:35:12

Peston is criticising JC for doing a rant on social media, and says he should have done a proper question and answer time on tv stations.
Not that I have much time for Peston, but in this particular instance he is right.
The tv channels would not let him simply have a rant so refused to have him on.
All he had to do was answer a few questions about meeting the Czech diplomat, but he wouldn’t do it.Sometimes think Corbyn is his own worst enemy.

maryeliza54 Wed 21-Feb-18 23:39:57

Not while certain posters on GN are around he isn’t

lemongrove Wed 21-Feb-18 23:43:17

Trying to be political only here! ☄️?

maryeliza54 Wed 21-Feb-18 23:44:48

Well good luck with that

maryeliza54 Wed 21-Feb-18 23:45:42

Why should this thread be any different?

POGS Wed 21-Feb-18 23:58:15

maryeliza 54

What are you saying?

POGS Thu 22-Feb-18 00:04:13

lemongrove

For goodness sake!

This is a bit of a pattern as the thread Corbyns Torque was threatened to be pulled by GN due to a similar occurrence. I think there has been more than one or two actually.

whitewave Thu 22-Feb-18 07:35:48

Jeremy tweeted today
“Today university staff will take part in the biggest strike the sector has ever seen. I ask that all parties join together to take part in talks to resolve this dispute”

whitewave Thu 22-Feb-18 07:38:33

Jeremy Corbyn has demanded an apology from the Tory MP who blatantly lied about Corbyn.

I wonder if Bradley has the spine and is man enough to apologise?

eazybee Thu 22-Feb-18 07:53:33

Corbyn's magnetism thread.It was pulled, as some posters were getting more and more personal
This concerns me. Why was the whole thread pulled, rather than the few posts deemed offensive?
This smacks of censorship, exactly what Corbyn's post on his twitter account was threatening.

whitewave Thu 22-Feb-18 08:15:35

Corbyn is to give a speech next week on Brexit

whitewave Thu 22-Feb-18 08:19:51

Questions asked this morning on Radio 4 which is very relevant.

“Is Corbyn at war with the MSM - or is it the other way around?”

This whole murky subject needs opening up.

maryeliza54 Thu 22-Feb-18 09:01:51

So censorship equals wanting a plurality of media ownership and the relationship between the press and the police investigated? Who knew?

whitewave Thu 22-Feb-18 09:06:50

It’s the media barons panicking.

lemongrove Thu 22-Feb-18 09:07:40

Eazybee yes, I have to agree.
POGS I know!
Corbyn supporters will have to get their heads around the fact that GN threads will talk about what goes on in the real world, and this includes Corbyns background, which is in the news at the moment.
If he hadn’t had a background rich in meeting Communists and touring Communist countries and appearing friendly towards them, he wouldn't be under the spotlight now.
This isn’t a bad thing though, as those unaware of his activities as a backbencher, who deny any Communist/Marxist leanings on his part, or McDonnell, and those others who say ‘oooh, afraid of reds under the bed’ etc now realise that the reds are not merely under the bed but are sitting on top of it drinking a latte.

lemongrove Thu 22-Feb-18 09:11:41

No, not media barons panicking at all, and when Corbyn says that the subject needs ‘opening up’ ( with a sinister smile)? that makes one think that what he really means is
‘Wait until I’m in control you bastards!’ grin

lemongrove Thu 22-Feb-18 09:14:44

The sooner Keir Starmer (or somebody similar) is the Leader of the LP the better!

whitewave Thu 22-Feb-18 09:17:20

Corbyn tweeted congratulations to Stormzy for his sterling performance at the Brit awards.

Apparently his song was a reminder that the government has released no money to Grenfell.

Anniebach Thu 22-Feb-18 09:22:23

Could Starmer be party leader without Lansman's approval, and to gain this approval means he would have to be a puppet and of the far left

maryeliza54 Thu 22-Feb-18 09:25:24

Well I just love the 1980s background of some Tories - especially MT. Unwavering support for the dictator Pinochet and apartheid South Africa

lemongrove Thu 22-Feb-18 09:31:13

Yes Annie getting the members to choose Starmer would be really difficult now wouldn't it?
If Corbyn crashes and burns however, we shall see!

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion