Gransnet forums

News & politics

Corbyn's Elasticity

(1001 Posts)
Primrose65 Wed 28-Mar-18 21:23:27

A continuation of Momentum/Intertia/Magnetism.

Elastic? Plastic? Or at breaking point?

A thread for Corbyn lovers & haters

trisher Mon 09-Apr-18 21:02:10

Have you actually read anything on the Jewdas site*Annie*?
Perhaps you can explain what is wrong with this
We have been campaigning against antisemitism on the Left and the Right for many years. Like, way before it was popular. We have run anti-antisemitism workshops in such far flung corners as Marseille and Bloomsbury, opposed neo-Nazi demos in Stamford Hill and Golders Green, produced and distributed information on how to criticise Israel WITHOUT being antisemitic, demonstrated against left-antisemite Gilad Atzmon, and most importantly mercilessly took the piss out of Ken Livingstone. You could call us trend setters.

We are not happy with the Jewish Establishment, but we remain deeply involved in many synagogues and communal organisations (although this is mostly for the free food). We are unhappy with the pervasive antisemitism that still remains on the Left but continue to remain very much involved because we are committed to a better world and a better Left, and believe that the only way to tackle antisemitism is to keep fighting for our rights in the diaspora.

We are thrilled to be getting so much attention that Stephen Pollard was forced to admit we are a legitimate part of the Jewish community.

lemongrove Mon 09-Apr-18 21:01:37

Also Grandad has it escaped your attention that Corbyn lost the last GE!

Primrose65 Mon 09-Apr-18 21:00:46

Here you go - new thread

www.gransnet.com/forums/news_and_politics/1247069-Comrade-Corbychevs-Cock-Ups

lemongrove Mon 09-Apr-18 20:59:32

Grandad43 calling posters who don’t agree with you a coven is extremely rude , would you have said this to a group of men I wonder? In fact I doubt it very much, if only for fear of what you would have got back from them.

Primrose65 Mon 09-Apr-18 20:59:26

Only 3 more posts Annie!

Anniebach Mon 09-Apr-18 20:58:28

Yes please Primrose ?

Primrose65 Mon 09-Apr-18 20:58:07

At least they're not retweeting Nick Griffin from the BNP like a Labour councillor did the other day Grandad! Such a big pool of talent and yet people like that seem to float to the top. Any particular constituency you think is being taken over by the extreme right?

Grandad1943 Mon 09-Apr-18 20:55:11

Quote anniebatch [The majority of voters do not join political parties] End Quote

No but it is where they get there councilors and MPs from and that reservoir is getting smaller by the month. Also makes them ripe for takeover by the extreme right in their constituency associations which is beginning to happen.

Primrose65 Mon 09-Apr-18 20:51:56

I can start it now if you like Annie! Only 7 more posts after this one

Anniebach Mon 09-Apr-18 20:46:19

I hope there will be a new thread , I am waiting for an answer to a question ?

Anniebach Mon 09-Apr-18 20:43:12

The majority of voters do not join political parties

Grandad1943 Mon 09-Apr-18 20:41:13

The public see Theresa May more favourably than Jeremy Corbyn. Well, they most certainly don't join her party. LOL

Anniebach Mon 09-Apr-18 20:40:47

nothing hypocritical in my post now or the one you dug up from three years, what you have done is given more proof of the hypocricy of some Corbynites, how low they can sink , using a discussion on the crucifixion in an attempt to attack me on a political thread

If a Jew steals he is a thief - this is not anti semetic

If a Jew batters his partner he is an abuser - this is not anti semetic

Corbyn's mate denied the Holocaust- this is anti semetic

I am still sorry you are so lonely even if you use sneaky tactics , sad really

Primrose65 Mon 09-Apr-18 20:35:41

We're coming to the end of this thread too - so quickly!
Comrade Corbychev's Cock-Ups?

Primrose65 Mon 09-Apr-18 20:33:21

Corbyn is becoming more unpopular. The UK public thinks he handled the Skripal poisoning and the antisemitism allegations pretty badly. According to YouGov, anyway. It's interesting that he's never had a positive rating as the leader. The best so far is neutral.

yougov.co.uk/news/2018/04/09/public-sees-theresa-may-more-favourably-jeremy-cor/

Grandad1943 Mon 09-Apr-18 20:32:49

The filth we now read from Ben Bradley was published long after that and he is still spouting it.

Eloethan Mon 09-Apr-18 20:27:15

anniebach As usual, you resort to personal insults when faced with your own inconsistencies and hypocrisies.

Anniebach Mon 09-Apr-18 20:14:04

Gosh Eleothane, you must be more isolated than me,

Yes I said that , what has that to do with my critcism of Corbyn ?

when I said any critcism I was not referring to a mural depicting Jews as making wealth on the heads of others defended by Corbyn

I was certaintly not referring to Holocaust deniers and I was certaintly not referring to Jewdas Sedar, Corbyn's chosen company who calls Israel a cesspit.

The the thread you lifted one post from was a discussion on the crucifixion , I said the Jews had crucified Christ meaning they had called for his death, the poster was on the verge of hysteria and ranted on about anti semitism. As you say it was three years ago, the filth we now read from Jewdas Sedar was not published then.

As you have so much time on your hands, sorry you are so lonely ' would you look up a thread on Ensure Plus, there was helpful advice there for me, thanks

Jalima1108 Mon 09-Apr-18 19:50:55

Thanks Grandad

I was interested in how this works now; DH was i/c of H&S during his later working life as part of his work, courses were funded by his employer.

Eloethan Mon 09-Apr-18 19:49:28

Ben Bradley said benefit claimants should have vasectomies, commented about the "vast sea of unemployed wasters" and said public sector workers were "lost in their own fantasy land". It has been suggested that because he made these remarks five years ago then they should be disregarded. But there is nothing to indicate that he has changed his view about both the unemployed and public service workers and, as far as I am aware, he has never retracted these comments.

Day6 I see you use the Conservative tactic of referring to Emily Thornberry as Lady Nugee. It is, in my view, an underhand and disreputable tactic and has no bearing on her views or work.

Even when a quote from the Jewish Chronicle refers to Maureen Lipman objecting to Miliband because of his support for Palestine, some gransnetters continue to say she left because of Corbyn.

anniebach You have been very vocal throughout the last year or so about Corbyn and his supporters and their alleged anti-semitism. Yet three years ago Venus responded to a post of yours:

""I find your post concerning the crucifixion totally inflammatory and offensive ......... the Jews had no control over who killed Jesus. It's people like you that have caused anti-semitism throughout the centuries. It is a venomous hate statement."

You later replied:

"The hatred [of Jewish people] seemed to halt following WW2, now it has gone to the other extreme - any race can be criticised but not the Jews, criticise any Jew and one is anti-semitic".

Grandad1943 Mon 09-Apr-18 19:47:43

Quote [Jalima1108Mon 09-Apr-18 18:38:

So is it the Trade Union movement that funds these course or is it individual employers funding it for their workers?

Sorry, but I am a bit confused.] End Quote.

Apologies jallima1108, looking back it may have been I did not make myselfe clear in regard to the trade union led industrial courses.

The above courses are totally funded by the unions or TUC in regard to the cost of tuition and subsistence for those attending. For those that are employed in workplaces that have a recognised trade union, the time off from work required to attend is normally funded by the employer. In larger workplaces with trade union recognition the employer organizes a ballot of the workforce to elect a Safety rep (as under current legislation) and then send that elected person on the trade union organized safety courses.

For workers in small workplaces or one that does not have a recognised trade union, the course tuition is still free, but obviously the time off work to attend the course is not met by the employer.

For those persons the individual trade union branches often lay on and fully fund industrial safety weekend and evening courses to make it easier for such workers to gain such knowledge.

Hope that makes it clearer jalima. Apologies for being off topic everybody.

Grandad1943 Mon 09-Apr-18 19:05:46

Quote anniebach [I will say this only once ! I do not speak to anyone who mocks my mother tongue, OK] End Quote

Do not quite follow that one anniebach. Who is mocking your mother tongue.????????

Grandad1943 Mon 09-Apr-18 18:56:51

Day6 Trade union organized industrial safety courses are not political in any way. As I stated they are for Elected Safety reps under current legislation and those who are working in non organized workplaces but wish to see safer conditions in such places.

Anniebach Mon 09-Apr-18 18:56:12

I will say this only once ! I do not speak to anyone who mocks my mother tongue, OK

Grandad1943 Mon 09-Apr-18 18:47:16

I am sure you are "very up" on industrial safety anniebatch, as you seem to be very much up on all things within the Labour movement, without supporting any section of it.

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion