Gransnet forums

News & politics

Get ready , a birth soon to be announced

(246 Posts)
Anniebach Mon 09-Apr-18 18:37:13

The Lindo Wing have put up no parking signs 9th to 30th April. Barriers have been set up.

I do hope it's an uncomplicated and quick birth. Not days of news showing the doors into the wing, and interviews with excited royalists .

absent Tue 10-Apr-18 07:08:46

paddyann As if!

gillybob Tue 10-Apr-18 07:59:17

My DD’s long awaited and much longed for baby is due in the next few weeks . He/She will be born in the local maternity unit (sadly set for closure very soon) . Far more important in my opinion .

I really couldn’t give a monkeys toot about yet another royal baby born into the lap of luxury never to work a day in their life , so bloomin’ what !

gillybob Tue 10-Apr-18 08:01:05

And my DD is still working 40 hours a week with a further 5 hours commute. She starts her “real” maternity leave this Saturday with just 2 weeks to go !

MaizieD Tue 10-Apr-18 09:12:18

a thread about parking restrictions and cameras filming doors for days

As that is really neither news nor politics perhaps some posters are trying to inject one or the other into the thread.

I don't understand why this isn't in 'Chat'

It's their third baby. Let's hope they stop there and stop contributing to the excessive consumption of the world's diminishing resources.

gillybob Tue 10-Apr-18 09:16:48

Why would they MazieD it’s not as though they have to work to feed and clothe them is it ?

Anniebach Tue 10-Apr-18 09:21:59

Maizie, many, many people in this country are interested in a Windsor birth and if the media from home and abroad are lining up to film those doors it's news

gillybob Tue 10-Apr-18 09:24:14

Maybe they look at them as a kind of soap opera or like peering into a posh dolls house confused

MaizieD Tue 10-Apr-18 09:25:48

It's gossip, Ab.

MaizieD Tue 10-Apr-18 09:27:33

Whether or not they work is irrelevant, gillybob. They're still using diminishing resources

gillybob Tue 10-Apr-18 09:34:27

I don’t care whether anyone has 2,3,4,5 children ( I might draw the line at 5) as long as they are valuable members of society and give something back . We will need carers etc. when we are old so we really can’t start restricting births .

pollyperkins Tue 10-Apr-18 09:50:59

They are not in it for what they can get -they are in it because they were born into that family and see it as their duty. In my opinion they do a good job although I do agree they have a privileged lifestyle. I think the whole caboodle should be slimmed down -too many hangers on, but I think its a big responsibility for the main players! I wouldnt want to do it in spite of the wealth!

MaizieD Tue 10-Apr-18 09:57:32

I can't see the children of Kate & William becoming carers gillybob

gillybob Tue 10-Apr-18 10:03:56

I know that MazieD and I would imagine there would be more chance of me flying to the moon tomorrow than the royal kids doing full time real jobs !

Anniebach Tue 10-Apr-18 10:05:14

No Maizie it is not gossip, many people in this country care deeply for the Royals and with cameras from here and abroad I chose to post under News. I would prefer the old way of announcing a Windsor birth, the easel behind the railings of buck house. Others want to watch those doors.

Oldwoman70 Tue 10-Apr-18 10:10:14

paddyann your dislike of the Royal family is well known and documented. Personally I am just happy that a couple (whoever they are) are about to have a child and wish them well.

Glammanana hope all goes well - do let us know. A niece has just had a baby boy so although the relationship is more distant than yours I am still very happy.

Anniebach Tue 10-Apr-18 10:16:39

A new life is wonderful

merlotgran Tue 10-Apr-18 10:18:48

It won't just be the baby, there will be all the speculation about who will be the first to visit. Charles is in Oz, the Middletons were held at arms length last time, Pippa's keeping her head down (Pa-in-law probs)

I bet she'll be out of there ASAP.

GabriellaG Tue 10-Apr-18 10:24:32

MaizieD
Would you rather we went down the old China route? One child only?

GabriellaG Tue 10-Apr-18 10:46:58

Third child
Shouldn't take long. I arrived my local cottage hospital at 10.40 after whizzing round the kichen prepping veg for dinner (according to my diary) and was allowed to leave at
1.55pm.
My two other children were allowed to leave school at lunchtime to 'collect' mum and little sister with their father and my son aged 4 was thrilled to be allowed to carry our latest family member out to the car guarded by his 8 year old sister.
Wonderful memories.
I'm betting on the royal baby being a girl and I'm sure Kate will be in and out in no time.

Anniebach Tue 10-Apr-18 10:50:30

I hope for the child's sake it will be a girl.

merlotgran Tue 10-Apr-18 10:52:07

Why, Anniebach?

gillybob Tue 10-Apr-18 10:53:47

^Third child
Shouldn't take long.^

grin
GabriellaG my DDiL was mucking horses out at the stable she helps at. She was well into labour ( trying to take her mind off it she said ) her waters broke and things progressed VERY quickly ! She just made it to hospital with minutes to spare or my grandson might’ve been born in a stable ! Now where have I heard that one before ? grin

Anniebach Tue 10-Apr-18 10:55:53

merlot, I think female royals get less critcism when adults, apart from their choice of wardrobe ?

Jalima1108 Tue 10-Apr-18 11:06:21

We will need carers etc. when we are old so we really can’t start restricting births
gillybob I have put Princess Charlotte's name on the list of carers for you for when you are very very old wink

gillybob Tue 10-Apr-18 11:10:25

Do you think I will have to call her “Princess” while she’s wiping my bum Jalima ?

Typical of a Geordie to reduce the thread to bums and bottoms . I blame me upbringin’ .