Gransnet forums

News & politics

Comrade Corbychev's Cock-Ups

(707 Posts)
Primrose65 Mon 09-Apr-18 21:00:15

A continuation of Momentum/Intertia/Magnetism/Elasticity but with a less scientific bias. grin

A thread about Corbyn. For lovers and haters.

Grandad1943 Mon 09-Apr-18 23:20:28

See you when I return tomorrow evening at some time.

Jalima1108 Mon 09-Apr-18 23:31:23

Can you help me understand why you think it's acceptable to use what most would see as judgemental and derogatory terminology to describe a group of women.

I don't understand - if nothing else it is sexist and a bit odd coming from someone who trains young people.

It would seem that some on this forum particularly members of the "coven" which is short for "Conservative oppression versus enlightened notification"
Did you just make that up?
And if so, how do you know that anyone you accuse of being in so-called coven votes conservative?

confused

ps as far as we are aware whitewave is a woman Grandad

I like guinea pigs; I think he looks very sweet.

Jalima1108 Mon 09-Apr-18 23:44:40

Iam64 I was replying to Grandad's post and saying I, like you, don't understand either, why he made that comment

Eloethan Tue 10-Apr-18 00:01:14

Well, of course, the guineapig was used sneeringly. But actually it could be seen as quite a compliment as guineapigs are charming creatures who are ideal pets because they are peaceful and don't bite. That leaves snakes in the grass, sharks, and animals with similarly threatening images, to be used for other deserving politicians.

As usual, there is an inconsistency of outrage. Oneof the anti-Corbyn group quite recently said "I can smell a bubbling cauldron again" - but since it was addressed to posters on the left, no issue was made of it.

Anniebach Tue 10-Apr-18 03:10:15

Guineapigs sre rather dependant on their comrades and not the brightest of creatures in the animal kingdom, they squeal a lot too. Little girls fuss over them, get all mumsy, so sweet.

Primrose65 Tue 10-Apr-18 08:07:00

Well, of course, the guineapig was used sneeringly

My list of faults grows daily grin grin grin

yggdrasil Tue 10-Apr-18 08:37:03

I was wondering if I should bother with a thread with such a title.
Then I thought about it.
Gorbachev was the best leader the Soviet Union had, the one who turned the communist state into a democracy. The mistake he made was in letting the Russian mafia and the oligarchs take over, which led to Putin.
So comparing Jeremy Corbyn to Gorbachev is not as insulting as was intended.
Of course, concentrating on so-called cock-ups will only be valid if you are prepared to accept both sides of an argument, and not just the version put forward by MSM,

Anniebach Tue 10-Apr-18 09:13:32

No idea why this belief that everyone except the far left are guided by the media and not capable of thinking for themselves,

lemongrove Tue 10-Apr-18 09:19:09

Grandad43 just unpleasant rubbish from you I see.
As for your acronym ‘coven’ ......there are no words!

Iam64 Tue 10-Apr-18 09:21:02

yggdrasil, putting to one side whether I like or dislike the title of this thread, it hadn't occurred to me that adding ychev to Corbyn's name was in any way a link to Gorbachev. I saw it simply as an attempt to say Corbyn's political alliances are with Russia.

I agree with you, Gorbachev stands out as a good Russian political leader. The world would feel a much safer place if he was still in that position.

lemongrove Tue 10-Apr-18 09:24:04

Am sure that Corbyn wouldn’t mind being called Comrade at all.Also, he is a kind of guinea pig for the LP, after all they have never had a Marxist as Leader before now.

trisher Tue 10-Apr-18 09:26:53

I've just read the OP again-*less scientific bias*- Oh got it! It's a fantasy thread, with no basis in reality whatsoever. That explains a lot. No facts required just imagination.

lemongrove Tue 10-Apr-18 09:27:43

ygg it’s just an amusing thread title, just as whitewave used her Maybot thread title ( but then ruined any amusement factor by constantly repeating the word Maybot ad nauseum.)

yggdrasil Tue 10-Apr-18 09:35:19

Corbyn's alliances are not with Russia. His attitude is and always has been with talking not fighting, whoever the other guy is.
His answer to the Salisbury incident is that jumping in and blaming Putin is fighting talk. There is still no proof. And the Tory story just gives Putin a boost up at home. But you'ld never get that from the right wing press (or even the BBC)

vampirequeen Tue 10-Apr-18 09:38:09

I don't mind being in a collective coven.

TerriBull Tue 10-Apr-18 09:38:45

"Guinea pigs are rather dependent on their comrades and not the brightest of creatures" Worse than that Annie Comrade Jeremy Guinea Pig should desist from any visits to Peru when he's next in South America, because Guinea Pigs often end up on the menu there shock

trisher Tue 10-Apr-18 09:40:25

Be careful yggdrasil you are in danger of deviating from the thread by introducing facts. We all know facts have no place here.

Iam64 Tue 10-Apr-18 09:44:18

Witches aren't always a Bad Thing. Women who threaten the establishment or the status quo are often referred to as witches, or in groups as a coven. I find it unacceptable in this instance, for reasons I set out earlier.

lemongrove Tue 10-Apr-18 09:46:33

I wonder what Corbyn will have to say about Russia now ( after the UN meeting in New York) any country that helps the evil regime in Syria to kill and maim it’s own citizens with chemical weapons is beyond the pale.

trisher Tue 10-Apr-18 09:54:05

That includes the US and us then lemon we supplied Saddam Hussein with the means and know how to develop chemical weapons to use against Iran during the Iraq/Iran war. That was when we thought he was a nice man and we could use him to control Iran.

Anniebach Tue 10-Apr-18 10:22:23

Cpl.. Jones's ' they don't like it up them '. was a racist comment . I loved Dad's Army but not that one line.

Anniebach Tue 10-Apr-18 10:37:10

Corbyn is a peace maker - so we are told - who believes in talking .

He met IRA leaders, attended IRA memorial services , invited IRA leaders to Westminster

He spends Passover with a far left group and claims he learned much from them. He turned down an invite to visit the Holocaust Museum in Israel

This is not listening to both sides

Day6 Tue 10-Apr-18 12:00:50

Trisher - by introducing facts

Sorry to disappoint trisher but on page one I quoted Corbyn via The Independent report.

he is upsetting a lot of people, not just the Jewish community.

Day6 Tue 10-Apr-18 12:15:40

the Campaign against Antisemitism has made a formal complaint about him to the LP, so we'll wait and see how long the process takes

Primrose I fully expect Corbychev's transgressions to be swept under the carpet.

He is too important a puppet for Momentum right now. Livingstone was suspended but Corbyn won't be. Will he even have to answer to the ptb within the Labour Party? I doubt it. Momentum has full control of the party now.

I do hope the Campaign Against Antisemitism presses the Labour Party regarding Corbyn's behaviour. They won't go away - and must be such an inconvenience for those playing down Corbyn's conduct.

Anniebach Tue 10-Apr-18 12:23:09

Terri, I had forgotten they were eaten ?