the American Embassy in Jerusalem

(31 Posts)
paddyann Mon 14-May-18 22:56:26

55 deaths and over 2500 injured ...

tell me what you think.

Jane10 Tue 15-May-18 06:29:06

It's largely unprintable!!

OldMeg Tue 15-May-18 07:17:44

Trump and his supporters are responsible for these deaths, as are the Israelis who back their government’s hard line stance.

I’m disgusted.

Jane10 Tue 15-May-18 07:23:18

I simply can't understand why Trump would do such a provocative thing as to relocate the US embassy to Jerusalem.
Did you see the BBC news where an Israeli man refused point blank to say the word 'Palestinian'? With attitudes like that the situation is never likely to improve. Israel is just plain bullying Palestinians. angry

NfkDumpling Tue 15-May-18 07:42:42

Terrible. Just terrible. One thing this has proved. USA presidents have too much power.

maryeliza54 Tue 15-May-18 07:54:21

DT is an absolute b*****d. It’s the anniversary of the Nakba- don’t tell me that wasn’t deliberately provocative as well - and it’s worth rereading about the Palestine expelled from their homes in 1948 and our role in that. Tragic.

Gerispringer Tue 15-May-18 08:09:15

This won’t advance the cause of peace one jot. Let’s hope the U.K. government doesn’t follow in DTs footsteps.

varian Tue 15-May-18 08:20:35

RIGHT NOW Palestinian officials say at least 58 people have been killed in the latest round of protests.

• More than 2,700 Palestinian demonstrators were injured on Monday — at least 1,350 by gunfire — along the border fence with Gaza, the Health Ministry reported.

www.nytimes.com/2018/05/14/world/middleeast/gaza-protests-palestinians-us-embassy.html

sodapop Tue 15-May-18 08:28:54

I saw that too Jane10 dreadful. I am in agreement with everyone else, I simply can't understand why the American Gvt has done this.

mcem Tue 15-May-18 09:29:21

Trump is too stupid to understand the situation and too insensitive to care about anyone or anything apart from his egocentric self!

eazybee Tue 15-May-18 09:30:59

According to a late night broadcast, Trump has gained considerable support from the Israeli vote in the USA, also from the Evangelical Christian movement, as a direct result of this action.
All about votes, for Trump.
Is this a surprise?
And on another tack, as someone else said, I am so glad for our Royal Family when I look at Trump.
He is now inflicting his Barbie-doll daughter and husband on the world stage.

silverlining48 Tue 15-May-18 09:43:29

Agree wholeheartedly with all these comments. Words fail, it’s a tragedy for the Palestinians who have lost their homes and lands by wars and by illegal settlement and who are are now in effect prisoners in Gaza, crowded into a tiny piece of land 25 miles by 6 miles, so many people, so little hope.
These unwarranted killings and injuries are crimes. They will only aggravate the already dreadful situation and peace, if it ever does come, will be even harder to achieve.

Smileless2012 Tue 15-May-18 12:31:52

DT has lit the blue touch paper where he can watch the fall out from a great distance away. I was going to say what was he thinking, but I don't believe he ever really does.

Fennel Tue 15-May-18 12:54:18

What he has done is the absolute limit as far as I'm concerned.
I hope someone with a bit of sense puts an end to him when he visits the UK. I would do it myself if I had the courage (and a gun.)

paddyann Tue 15-May-18 13:02:46

Like most of you what I think is unprintable ,I sat here in rage and tears watching the horrors on screen last night .Surely the world cant sit back and watch this carry on?
While most of us understand the reasons behind the need for an Isreali state after WW11 ,there should have been much firmer reactions to the breaking of the rules time after time after time .The people of Israel CANT believe that the treatment of Palestinians is right or just !Any ciricism of Israel is considered anti semitism and that stops many from speaking out....I am not anti semitic ,but I am anti this type of behaviour from the israeli state .

bmacca Tue 15-May-18 14:13:40

Boris Johnson has avoided the urgent question in the House today, left it to one of his ministers.
People may find this interesting, I think she articulates the situation very well
www.cbsnews.com/video/how-are-palestinians-reacting-to-the-u-s-embassy-in-jerusalem-and-violence-in-gaza/

Fennel Tue 15-May-18 17:24:48

"The people of Israel CANT believe that the treatment of Palestinians is right or just"
There's a strong opposition in Israel from the Left. Netanyahu is becoming more extreme Right.

Fennel Tue 15-May-18 17:37:27

ps but like every other country you never get a full unbiased report of the news.
The situation there is so fragile, Trump surely knew what he was doing.

Jane10 Tue 15-May-18 18:36:39

Gosh Fennel I'll stick to mooning Trump if he ever comes here. That may well finish him off. Maybe a massed Grans moon would do the trick hmm
However, I don't mean to divert this thread. I'm still raging. It's just so unfair!

Fennel Tue 15-May-18 18:37:43

pps for a more balanced report look up Haaretz, which is a leftwing Israeli newsspaper.
Haaretz means the Land.

trisher Wed 16-May-18 12:20:35

Save the children have a petition to Boris on line now, Over 1000 children injured. Please sign and share
action.savethechildren.org.uk/page/24498/action/1?cid=eml-laun_PCW106001-go_001-9K76682LD&utm_campaign=go_001&utm_medium=email&utm_source=laun_PCW106001

mostlyharmless Wed 16-May-18 16:57:36

Thanks for the petition link trisher.

Cherrytree59 Wed 16-May-18 18:13:25

Signed petition letter

Thank you for the link trisher

mostlyharmless Wed 16-May-18 18:23:55

Signed and shared.

Eloethan Thu 17-May-18 17:43:40

Truly disgusting.