Gransnet forums

News & politics

Grenfell Tower enquiry

(203 Posts)
tanith Tue 05-Jun-18 10:55:34

Some of those who made the decisions that night must be horrified at the outcome of the choices they made. One would certainly hope so anyway.
I’m not talking about politicians or council officials, builders but those on the ground making decisions in the melee that must of ensued for the first minutes and hours.

Panache Tue 05-Jun-18 09:56:43

It makes for heart breaking reading for us all,whilst I cannot begin to understand how absolutely dreadful this enquiry, deeply going into every little area in greatest of detail, must be to those survivors,whilst even so much worst for those whom actually lost their dear ones ..........and now read how they could well have been saved.

The stuff of nightmares indeed.

MawBroon Tue 05-Jun-18 09:33:16

Just as I thought the enquiry into the disaster could not get any more heart-rending, it seems that as well as inadequate fire safety measures, a valuable 30 minute window when residents could possibly have escaped was lost due to poor advice.
It just gets worse.

www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/grenfell-tower-inquiry-latest-updates-cladding-fire-safety-advice-failings-report-barbara-lane-a8382681.html