Gransnet forums

News & politics

Now, that's more like it!

(59 Posts)
merlotgran Tue 19-Jun-18 16:15:16

www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5860911/Prince-Harry-Meghan-Markle-join-Queen-Royal-Ascot.html

What a fabulous titfer!!

I've gone all 'My Fair Lady' grin

Iam64 Wed 20-Jun-18 09:34:41

Nope, she won't Mapleleaf. I find it very distasteful to be quite so personally unpleasant about any young woman, particularly one who so far as I can see, hasn't harmed anyone and is doing her best in her new role.

dragonfly46 Wed 20-Jun-18 10:44:40

I love the outfit but still find it looks a little big on her. Is she pregnant I wonder?

mabon1 Wed 20-Jun-18 10:48:03

Leave the girl be. I wonder how all of you who make disparaging remarks turn out on special occasions - perfect no doubt!!!!!

sarahellenwhitney Wed 20-Jun-18 11:11:35

Meghan is petite, with a flawless skin This hat smothered her. She should have a word with Sophie Wessex who got it right with a choice of hat that didn't hide her naturel beauty.

maryeliza54 Wed 20-Jun-18 11:15:38

She’s not a girl she’s a 36 year old woman in the public eye- and how we turn ourselves out is completely irrelevant.

Chewbacca Wed 20-Jun-18 11:17:19

Sisterhood! Great to see it's alive and kicking.

Anniebach Wed 20-Jun-18 11:30:44

I find the arm clinging rather strange, a woman in her mid thirties, actress, addressesed the UN is suddenly shy and vulnerable ?

gillybob Wed 20-Jun-18 11:31:53

I fail to see what's wrong with commenting on what someone who's photo is never out of the newspapers and clearly enjoys public attention is wearing.

She is/was an actress after all .

gillybob Wed 20-Jun-18 11:34:45

Shall we just all say that we love everything that she and anyone else in the public eye is wearing at all times. Actually we wouldn't need to would we? It would be a given.

How boring would a thread of "Oh I do like what MM is wearing at Ascot" followed by pages and pages of "yes I do too" hmm

vbennettuk Wed 20-Jun-18 11:34:52

And all paid for by the British Tax payers.

lesley4357 Wed 20-Jun-18 12:27:59

Ffs who cares! The world is going to hell in a handcart and this is what bothers you?

annodomini Wed 20-Jun-18 12:53:58

If I was wearing 7" heels, I'd want to cling on to a strong young man too.

NanKate Wed 20-Jun-18 12:56:26

Beatrice and Eugenia need to take a bit of advice from Meghan who looked a knock out. I wonder if she has an older sister for my DS, he scrubs up well ], but I would say that as I am his mum.

knspol Wed 20-Jun-18 13:08:13

Very demure look, lovely hat but did not seem quite 'her'. Do hope she's not being overly groomed by advisers.

Anniebach Wed 20-Jun-18 13:09:45

I would think she has a mind of her own

lollee Wed 20-Jun-18 13:10:59

SueDonim, i said that on daily mail thread but they didnt show it. Not half as offensive as some already on there.

sluttygran Wed 20-Jun-18 13:52:42

I think Meghan looks very nice, but Sophie looks absolutely stunning. She seems to improve with age - rather like me! grin

sarahellenwhitney Wed 20-Jun-18 14:09:25

annsixty She is in control when they are together with the clutching arm and the holding hands.. Noticed she stood in the background on the balcony Whether intentional or was advised. Not so confident when she was with the Queen, which would have been a daunting experience for her as a newcomer. Wonder what the future holds for this couple 'as a couple' once she finds her feet. Bring on the first pregnancy.!

petra Wed 20-Jun-18 14:27:59

maybon1
perfect in fact Well actually, yes grin
Many years ago I went to the first day of Ascot. Did I wear a shirt waster with some embroidery on it, no!
This is a formal day. In her position that 'casual' dress wasn't appropriate.

Sheilasue Wed 20-Jun-18 15:23:43

There in ‘in love ‘ wasn’t you like that once I know me and h couldn’t keep our hands off one another when we were young sigh.
Not sure about the dress though.

Kim19 Wed 20-Jun-18 16:56:19

I love the touch freely. Total break with protocol. Bravo! Just imagine she's a newlywed and in love.

Nanny41 Wed 20-Jun-18 16:56:43

Love her hat, in fact her whole outfit, I think her advisors have made the right choice this time, although GNetters will never agree, poor girl, there is always something wrong.Give her a break!

HannahLoisLuke Wed 20-Jun-18 17:01:30

The hat was fine but the droopy shirtwaister was awful.
I've said before when she wore the oversized dressing gown to a wedding that I think she's being got at.
I loved the dress and shoulder cape that she wore for her engagement with the Queen, much more her style, let her wear more of that sort of dress.

loopyloo Wed 20-Jun-18 17:11:47

Interesting that even Prince Harry has to wear a name badge.

Nanna58 Wed 20-Jun-18 21:50:54

I’m just so envious of anyone who, unlike me , can wear a hat or fascinator without looking like ‘Benny’ from Crossroads lol ! ( Oops sorry Maw ! )