Gransnet forums

News & politics

What’s happened to Nigel’s hair? ( warning: this is shallow gossip)

(97 Posts)
suzied Fri 29-Jun-18 07:29:10

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/world/2018/06/brexit-campaigner-nigel-farage-forced-to-deny-he-dyed-his-hair-to-emulate-trump.html

I know this is shallow but you’ve got to laugh?

trisher Sat 30-Jun-18 14:08:13

Whereas Tom Jones, who used to dye, is now a complete silver fox and looks so much better

Fflaurie Sat 30-Jun-18 12:07:20

Other 'celebs' also dye their hair, Paul McCartney is conker brown, Cliff is also a reddy brown, looks ridiculous, or as my DGD used to say : Ridiclius.

felice Sat 30-Jun-18 11:29:07

Sorry Fisheries.

felice Sat 30-Jun-18 11:28:10

Friend of mine went into one of the bars he frequents here and he was lording it at the end of the bar. Does not know my friend but loudly offered him a drink DF walked over to him said yes and ordered a very expensive one. When he got it, loudly said I will thank myself for this drink after all my taxes paid for it.
We later checked the time and he should have been at a Plenary session of the Fishing committee he represents the UK on.

crazyH Sat 30-Jun-18 11:23:08

Yes quizqueen, I'm taking a long hard look at my once dark glossy thick locks and what do I see....an over dyed, wire like, thinning, dry mess.....can't let myself go grey ?

Margs Sat 30-Jun-18 11:04:16

Covering up alopecia? Or just plain vanity?

MawBroon Sat 30-Jun-18 09:15:11

Since losing Paw I have made it a bit of a mission to reduce the number of double (or triple) banked shelves and many of my novels have consequently made it to the charity shop. He had nearly a whole floor to ceiling bookcase of religious books, bible commentaries and the like, which have all gone to a Seminary where one of our Deacons trained .

There are still many many yards (miles?) of books however but wasn’t it Anthony Powell who used “Books do furnish a room” as the title of one of his Dance to the Music of Time novels? Who are we to argue? smile

suzied Sat 30-Jun-18 09:02:20

You don’t have to be a remoaner to find his hair funny ( it is)

mcem Sat 30-Jun-18 08:44:14

I can't understand why some people choose to have book effect wallpaper. Have only seen this on tv in 'makeover' programmes and in a Wetherspoon's pub but wouldn't have it at home.

Iam64 Sat 30-Jun-18 07:53:57

MawBroon - I saw an article in one of those beautify your home mags the other day, suggesting book lined shelves can enhance the look of a room. We have rather too many book lined shelves here, despite my introduction of a one in, one out policy a couple of years ago. Now, your shelves are inspirational. I feel another trip to the charity shop coming on so that our over stuffed, double layered book shelves can 'enhance' the look of a room, rather than give the impression of clutter. (as if)

maddy629 Sat 30-Jun-18 07:37:33

I never realised how unpleasant some people on here can be. I guess you are all remoaners!

maddy629 Sat 30-Jun-18 07:28:33

Whatever the reason it doesn't suit him.

grannybuy Fri 29-Jun-18 23:39:07

Pleased to see your picture, Maw. I can't help always visualising you as the 'real' Maw Broon, aka mother of Hen, Joe, Daphne, Maggie, Horace , the twins and the bairn. Now I'll 'see' the real you as I read your posts.

trisher Fri 29-Jun-18 22:07:33

If it's a wig he should ask for his money back.

Chewbacca Fri 29-Jun-18 21:51:42

He looks like he's got a Shredded Wheat on his head! Whoever did that colour job needs retraining; its awful.

MawBroon Fri 29-Jun-18 21:46:33

I think roughly the same shelves Jalima,(spare bedroom books). The “highbrow” ones are in Paws study or downstairs. grin

Jalima1108 Fri 29-Jun-18 21:27:37

Of course, Lemongrove he could have been dyeing his hair brown for years but has just decided not to bother any more now that he's not in the limelight so often?

Jalima1108 Fri 29-Jun-18 21:25:16

Those of us who dont feel the same could push back equally viciously....but we don't. Funny that.
Oh, please do AmMaz, posters do about Corbyn, May, Johnson, McDonnell, Abbott, Gove et al!!

lemongrove Fri 29-Jun-18 21:25:07

I don’t remember what Nige’s hair looked like tbh, was it darker?
Perhaps it’s a wig?

Jalima1108 Fri 29-Jun-18 21:22:04

Perhaps some of you should take a long hard look at your own bottle blond locks and see how fake it looks!
not me quizqueen, not a tint nor dye has gone near my brown locks.

Jalima1108 Fri 29-Jun-18 21:20:45

I am nosying at your reading matter MawBroon grin

Jalima1108 Fri 29-Jun-18 21:18:13

warning: this is shallow gossip
I do enjoy a bit of shallow gossip grin

Did you know that if you put lemon juice on your hair then sit out in the sun, it should go blond?

Or, if you are unfortunate, then a peculiar shade of greenish blond, as my DC found out when they were teenagers!

I saw someone today who had gone blonde (properly, not lemon juice blonde) from greyish-red and it took years off her.

Wheniwasyourage Fri 29-Jun-18 20:19:05

What Iam64 said.

Iam64 Fri 29-Jun-18 19:54:41

suzied, I enjoyed your "shallow gossip" op. I've also almost enjoyed the way the few Farrage fans have attempted to accuse the rest of us of mocking him simply because we don't like him.
I don't want to detract from shallow gossip but it's true. I don't like him, or his political views. IMO he's a self serving individual, as others have said, he's good at manipulating and presenting himself as a "man of the people". He's an ex banker with pots of money and an "interesting' private life. I wouldn't trust him as far as I could spit.
That isn't the reason I find his hair dye so surprising. He can afford to have his hair coloured by someone who knows what they're doing.
Alternatively, he can do what the lovely MawBroon has done and go gracefully silver.

suzied Fri 29-Jun-18 18:51:32

I said this was shallow gossip, those who aren’t interested in Nigel’s hair or thinks it is above discussion need not apply. If his hair didn’t look so hilarious no one would comment would they? Yes he sets himself up for the odd mock as would anyone else in the same position.