Gransnet forums

News & politics

Teresa May ...dancing queen or chief clown?

(143 Posts)
paddyann Fri 31-Aug-18 15:38:25

What a total embarassment she must be to her party,all this "dancing",is she SO desperate to do a deal with these African leaders that she thinks behaving in a totally UN statesmanlike manner is the way to go? As if the UK isn't enough of a laughing stock worldwide already she's certainly ramping up the joke factor .

nigglynellie Sat 01-Sep-18 17:02:33

Theresa May whom I admire, or that creep Cameron?! Tbh, that creep anyone!! No contest indeed!! Not only Huskies annie, but also Hoodies!!

Anniebach Sat 01-Sep-18 17:13:09

niggly, I had forgotten ‘hug a hoodie’ ?

Treacletoffee Sat 01-Sep-18 17:23:59

Tbh l feel sorry for her. I cant dance and would feel excruciatingly self concious knowing the press were watching and waiting to tear me apart. She tried

Jalima1108 Sat 01-Sep-18 18:21:07

Thatcher was one such woman and May is another. The women they tread on are of course low paid, part timers and women on zero hours contracts.

They became more prevalent after the global financial crisis in fact, in 2007-8.
Zero hours contracts allow flexibility to both employers and employees although they are controversial.
They are not confined to women workers.

petra Sat 01-Sep-18 18:42:31

paddyann
It seems as if your snide and nasty op has not gone the way you were hoping for grin as the majority of posters, even though they don't agree with her politics are either in sympathy or admiration.

POGS Sat 01-Sep-18 19:25:11

Well I wouldn't have dreamt of putting Nicola Sturgeon on a thread on GN because of her dancing skills.

A video went viral and is available on you tube . Not that I want to put a link to it because it would be a tad childish in my opinion and like Theresa May I simply think she did what she did because she had no choice but to be seen as a good sport not a miserable old sod.

What was it she said of her dancing skill something like her dancing was like ' Dad Dancing' .

In the scheme of things is this all some can find to ' have a go' , really?

Jalima1108 Sat 01-Sep-18 19:56:49

She had the guts to have a go - it would have been discourteous not to.

annodomini Sat 01-Sep-18 20:15:30

I respect and admire Mrs May, if only the Labour Party had such a leader
Nice irony, Anniebach. wink

varian Sat 01-Sep-18 20:27:53

I think poor TM is entirely out of her depth in so many ways, She is a bit of a national embarrassment but maybe not quite as bad as Boris. It would be funny if it was not such a real threat to our nation's future.

When can she see that her initial judgement was right and we should remain in the EU? I wish I could be more hopeful.

trisher Sat 01-Sep-18 20:29:23

Jalima1108 something to read. Women are mainly affected by zero hours contracts.
www.theguardian.com/careers/2017/may/17/insecure-work-and-zero-hour-contracts-hit-women-with-health-issues-the-hardest

petra Sat 01-Sep-18 20:39:00

poor Teresa May. What absolute trite.
The longest serving Home Secretary for over 60 yrs and now Prime Minister.

varian Sat 01-Sep-18 20:45:40

She was the longest serving Home Secretary but she was a dreadful Home Secretary and is now a dreadful PM.

nigglynellie Sat 01-Sep-18 21:13:28

That's a matter of opinion varian!

trisher Sat 01-Sep-18 21:28:53

Wel if you want to post her acheivements as Home Secretary niggly I'd like to see them.

Anniebach Sat 01-Sep-18 21:48:14

Why all the criticism for May? Corbyn wants out , she is carrying out the results of referendum, if anyone deserves to be attact by remainers it’s Corbyn He wouldn’t even canvas for remain , took a holiday

PECS Sat 01-Sep-18 21:59:05

TM.has achieved very little that has improved the daily experience for the majority. Either as Home Sec or PM. Unless I have missed it!

paddyann Sun 02-Sep-18 00:46:20

Honestly .I knew exactly how this would go ,its what I expected .The right wingers out in force to defend her.Oh and some who SAY they aren't right wing but always jump to defend the tories.I cant stand the woman,her politics or her dodgy"principles" her brand of "christianity" that isn't what I understand christianity to be
.I have never criticised her dress sense or her looks .This trying too hard stuff though turns my stomach .I apologise to all who think she is akin to the next saviour ,,you are of course entitled to your opinions .As am I .

POGS Sun 02-Sep-18 09:58:00

paddyann

" I knew exactly how this would go ,its what I expected .The right wingers out in force to defend her."
----

This is my 2 nd post but I have to say we all knew how this thread would go and the irony of your comment is obvious but probably not to you.

If I had started a thread talking about Nicola Sturgeon and what she called herself her ' dad dancing ' you would have said what others have said about Theresa May.

The point is I wouldn't have started a thread about Nicola Sturgeons dancing because it would have been too b-----y childish and certainly would be done out of what , political partisanship, certainly not because I have an interest in an individuals dancing skills. I would expect however a mixed bag of opinions and if I didn't want or couldn't accept not everybody shared my thought then I would have been a fool.

If you can't accept a divergence of opinions don't even go there in the 1st place but if you do I suggest you don't further dig a hole and prove what your intentions were all along .

Lucylastic Sun 02-Sep-18 10:05:36

She dances like a broken deckchair.

Jalima1108 Sun 02-Sep-18 10:18:29

I knew exactly how this would go ,its what I expected .The right wingers out in force to defend her."

Ha ha ha, the irony

read the Salmond thread POGS

Jalima1108 Sun 02-Sep-18 10:19:02

I've heard that Alex Salmond has applied to Strictly for next season.

Bridgeit Sun 02-Sep-18 18:13:26

Most human traits are required for a reason , not sure what Taking the Mickey is needed for, perhaps to make the mickey taker feel better about themselves:Requisite for future /potential female PM, be prepared to put yourself on the line out of politeness & be prepared to have the Sisterhood berate you for it.
Don’t think men would have reacted the same way to a male colleague , they would probably have said something along the lines of - well done mate, you deserve a pint -

GrannyGravy13 Sun 02-Sep-18 18:19:50

Bridgeit ????

Bridgeit Sun 02-Sep-18 18:24:51

Thank you Grannygravy13

nigglynellie Sun 02-Sep-18 18:33:33

and you dance like?!!!! Lucylastic!