Gransnet forums

News & politics

Boris is in trouble

(74 Posts)
jura2 Thu 06-Sep-18 15:30:26

at last, the legal case has been put together to sue Boris ... for his lies during the campaign - re the 350m a week we 'give' to the EU.

I shall happily join in the Crowdfunding to support Marcus Ball in this endeavour, as I contributed to phase one.

Bring it on.

MaizieD Fri 07-Sep-18 00:04:47

Poor old Boris; his wife has thrown him out for cheating on her yet again...

Talking of cheating, I've just seen this on twitter:

"Matt Kelly
@mk1969
I was told yesterday, by someone who knows him very well (but not family) that Boris Johnson "deeply regrets" going down the Brexit route and now wishes he'd sent the other letter. "He knows he's fucked up massively. Now he's working out how to get himself out of the mess."

Captain Haddock
@JXB101
·
6h
I have been told same by someone who knows his wife. But only cos he thinks it's screwed his PM chances. He doesnt care one way or other about EU.

Now there's a nice bit of gossip...

OldMeg Fri 07-Sep-18 07:05:09

Politicians lie. Always did, always will.

End of.

OldMeg Fri 07-Sep-18 07:06:39

Maizie that’s decidedly fishy ?

MaizieD Fri 07-Sep-18 07:45:52

How did you do that fish, OldMeg?

Yes, the bit about him 'regretting' seems a bit too good to be true, doesn't it?

Perhaps his wronged wife will spill the beans grin

Jane10 Fri 07-Sep-18 08:18:31

What would be the point of suing Boris? It wouldn't help us get out of this mess. Waste of money that we're all going to be needing to try to hang on to.

OldMeg Fri 07-Sep-18 08:24:23

I typed in fish and three photos came up ? ? and ? so I chose the one I liked best. I’m using an iPad.

T’was the name Haddock that tickled me ?

M0nica Fri 07-Sep-18 08:26:50

Even his wife has left him.

Luckygirl Fri 07-Sep-18 11:15:55

It is fasacinating to think he has been playing away - who on earth would want to take him to their bed???!!!

Fennel Fri 07-Sep-18 11:50:04

I thought he was known for 'playing away' for some years?
I haven't searched for links, but remember there was something about the breakup with his first wife.
Just like Trump.

Anniebach Fri 07-Sep-18 12:13:55

He had an affair with Petronella Wyatt, she wrote about the abortion of their child

Wonder who the third Mrs Johnson will be

Charleygirl Fri 07-Sep-18 12:20:33

They must be desperate if they marry him.

Nonnie Fri 07-Sep-18 12:31:41

Sue those who said the economy would suffer? £ was 1.62$ and now its 1.28$, why is that if not Brexit?

oldbatty Fri 07-Sep-18 13:19:38

One Tory MP: 'He is shovelling the s* out of the way for the leadership bid'

Something to look forward to.

MaizieD Fri 07-Sep-18 16:16:18

I can't think why anyone would think he'd be a good leader or, God forbid, PM.

oldbatty Fri 07-Sep-18 16:22:00

plenty of people do. They like his plain speaking and anti Muslim rhetoric.

Good old Boris, stout chap and all that.

Jane10 Fri 07-Sep-18 16:31:51

Gosh. I don't know a single person who thinks Boris could even entertain the possibility that he could be PM.

Fennel Fri 07-Sep-18 17:10:54

PLEASE - any of you Conservative supporters on here -
Don't vote for Boris as your leader.

MaizieD Fri 07-Sep-18 17:38:37

Don't only Conservative party members & MPs vote for the leader?

Anniebach Fri 07-Sep-18 17:45:51

Yes Maizie, no matter how many stand for the leadership the MP’s whittle it down to two then the vote goes to party members .

GillT57 Fri 07-Sep-18 18:44:56

Boris is a liar. He was sacked by Michael Howard for lying about the affair with Petronella Wyatt, dismissing it as 'piffle'. He was sacked by The Times for creative journalism. After that and lying to his wife, deliberately misleading the electorate is simple. I hope his wife takes the philandering liar to the cleaners.

gangy5 Sat 08-Sep-18 10:46:46

Well, I for one think it's worth giving Boris a try. I'm completely fed up with all this run of the mill politics and am just longing for somebody to come along with radical ideas and have the guts to give them a try. It needs somebody with vision and he might have the will to get on with it.
....... and, what has his private life got to do with it ??!!

Nonnie Sat 08-Sep-18 10:53:17

Wasn't he quite popular as London Mayor?

I suspect he is not quite the buffoon he appears and that some careful thought goes into some of the stuff he says. He plans what will get him media attention.

Lots of people paid their £3 to join the labour party to vote JC in, I just might join the Conservatives to stop Boris getting the job!

JessM Sat 08-Sep-18 17:22:34

Suspect the Party helped to put in a decent senior team to run the show when he was mayor. My sister-in-law worked in the organisation and said "He was a good ambassador for London" (faint praise)- but I'd be amazed if he had any actual management ability. Someone on the radio was saying that he's too disorganised to get a proper leadership challenge together!

bmacca Sat 08-Sep-18 22:46:02

My MP (Labour) is saying today that Johnson is definitely putting together a leadership challenge, maybe as early as next week

MaizieD Sat 08-Sep-18 23:24:47

and, what has his private life got to do with it

Good heavens, gangy5, haven't you noticed that his public life hasn't been exactly spotless? Racist comments, tactless remarks, belligerence towards the EU; that's just while he was the most embarrassing Foreign Secretary of my lifetime...

Do you think he'd be a bit of a laugh as PM? hmm