Gransnet forums

News & politics

Westminster terror attack - shame on him?

(78 Posts)
MawBroon Thu 11-Oct-18 08:24:15

www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/westminster-attack-terror-isis-khalid-masood-craig-mackey-met-police-inquests-latest-a8574676.html

So this decorated “leading” policeman stayed safe inside a locked police car while Khalid Masood ran amok. hmm
Hardly inspiring to more junior and braver colleagues who risked and lost their lives was it?
Reminds me of that phrase “leading from the rear” ?

Iam64 Sun 14-Oct-18 09:09:34

The most negative comments I've seen about this senior officers lack of action have come from serving or retired officers. Like other posters on this site, I'm from a family with police officers in our midst.
I agree with those who say he failed to live up to the oath he took. Police officers run towards, not away from danger. I don't see any point in him losing either his Honour, or his pension. He's earned those over many years of service. He has to live with what he failed to do, with the criticism of him that won't go away. He also has to live with what he witnessed, the murder of a brave officer who didn't run away but ran towards those in need of protection.

Anniebach Sun 14-Oct-18 09:12:00

Exactly so Iam