Gransnet forums

News & politics

Andy Murray

(56 Posts)
Pretzel Fri 11-Jan-19 09:43:53

Just read this: www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/46833018

I'm so sad for him, but what an amazing career he's had.

Lily65 Tue 15-Jan-19 16:20:58

Andy has a strangely shaped head.

Labaik Tue 15-Jan-19 21:19:03

I think he'll have to risk another operation as he's obviously in pain all the time; whether it means he'll be able to ever play again is a different matter. It saddens me to think of him being in such pain, as he's brought so much joy to people over the years.

Luckylegs9 Wed 16-Jan-19 16:49:28

He's achieved do much, more than he dreamt of I suppose. I had to switch him off when he got upset and crying, there's real hardship and sad stories out there, he is wealthy and reached the top of his game. Get out there and help people that need it.

JenniferEccles Wed 16-Jan-19 17:14:51

From what he has said about how he is in constant pain walking and even putting on socks and shoes, I feel that another operation is inevitable, possibly even a complete hip replacement.

Being in unrelenting pain must be such an awful thing at any age, let alone someone in their early 30s.

The question for him though is when to have it done - as soon as possible with the outside chance of being fit for the coming Summer's tournaments, or to wait until after Wimbledon, and hope that he may have a more favourable draw than he did in Australia.

I know it's easy to say, but if it were me I would have the op as soon as possible, and hope to get a few more years competing in the sport I love.

Charleygirl5 Wed 16-Jan-19 17:27:36

He is going to need a total hip replacement and that should be done sooner rather than later because he is not doing his hip any favours by training for the matches and then playing tennis.