Gransnet forums

News & politics

This has to be the ultimate in waste of NHS funds.

(59 Posts)
Urmstongran Thu 28-Feb-19 11:40:02

Ditto walking sticks, Zimmer frames no longer needed. Have to pass a health and safety test apparently so not cost effective = bin them! Beyond crazy.

EllanVannin Thu 28-Feb-19 11:31:46

NLS that waste was created a while back before we now order what we need.
In the days of repeat prescriptions we'd be sent more than what was needed at the time and I used to receive " bulk " packs of the same medication month after month ( comp.errors,probably ) and as a consequence the faster I used them the quicker they piled up until the first lot became out of date as did the next. A sheer waste which nobody seemed to notice.
It wasn't all our fault.
We now order what we NEED through the GP to avoid the terrible waste.

lemongrove Thu 28-Feb-19 11:12:16

Someone has made a gigantic blunder!
Only women or transgender men ( who were formally women) have a cervix.

Nannylovesshopping Thu 28-Feb-19 11:05:51

The ultimate waste of nhs funds is all prescription items
returned to pharmacy’s which are still sealed, not wanted,
have to be binned regardless, what a waste.

Dontaskme Thu 28-Feb-19 11:04:02

And yet my DH has had to wait for critical tests for weeks due to the NHS being over stretched

Urmstongran Thu 28-Feb-19 10:42:18

What kind of PC bullshit is this? The NHS scared of offending a transgender I imagine.

TerriBull Thu 28-Feb-19 10:39:17

Yes have read this sort of thing before Rosina, I don't understand it,they may wish to be known as women, but they can't possibly have a cervix. Would women who have transitioned to men be tested for prostate problems?

Strange world we live in when the basics of biology are ignored in favour of ideology confused

Rosina Thu 28-Feb-19 10:08:23

'Men who are choosing to be KNOWN' - sorry - proof reader needed.

Rosina Thu 28-Feb-19 10:07:17

Yesterday I was shown a small article in the Telegraph concerning cervical smears. It seems that women who are now choosing to be known as men are not being called for testing - which is obviously not wise. The article then went on to say that men who are choosing to be know as women are being called - I had to read this twice - although they clearly cannot either have a test or indeed ever be vulnerable to cervical cancer. Can this really be true? Wasting admin staff time in sending invitations to men is bad enough, but what happens if they want an appointment ? Exactly where does this insane procedure lead, and why has the NHS allowed this to happen?