Gransnet forums

News & politics

Shemima Begum

(494 Posts)
GrannyGravy13 Fri 08-Mar-19 16:25:31

LBC are reporting that SB lawyers are trying to verify that her new born son has died

Chewbacca Fri 08-Mar-19 19:16:24

Horrible to think of any baby or child dying, no matter who their parents are.

As to maryeliza telling us all Just leave off for pity’s sake, no, I don't think so. This is an item of news in the public domain and is therefore up for discussion on this forum and anywhere else; no matter where posters sympathies lie.

Urmstongran Fri 08-Mar-19 19:19:25

SKY news: Baby has died.
Very sad.
However, I'm more interested in protecting my own daughters thanks, and their rights to a full and enjoyable life without fear of attending music events or going out for the evening. That's pretty much the view of everyone in my 'community'.

BlueBelle Fri 08-Mar-19 19:27:34

She didn’t bomb anyone though Urmston I heard her husband say she had spent the whole four years inside a flat I m sure as a headstrong and probably well groomed young teen this was not what she was expecting at all To have lived through losing three babies and a husband in jail and stuck in a refugee camp far from home and family I m sure she is a traumatised young woman
I d rather have some compassion in my heart and give her the benefit of the doubt than all the people in ‘your community’ baying for her blood so to speak

Oldwoman70 Fri 08-Mar-19 19:34:18

Of course her husband wouldn't lie would he.

Chewbacca Fri 08-Mar-19 19:41:41

We don't actually know anything of what she did in the 4 years she was there though do we? She and her husband are both pleading innocence of any involvement in the murders, rapes, beheadings, public stoning of innocent. And I'm absolutely certain that SB wasn't actively involved in them and was, as you say, at home doing domestic chores when she wasn't working in their hospital, patching up terrorists who'd been hurt in cross fire. But by her own admission, she enjoyed her time there and she has no regrets even now about going. And as she said that her only reason for wanting to come back to the UK was for the sake of her son, will she still want to come back now? Possibly not.

petra Fri 08-Mar-19 19:43:04

Anyone who supports an organisation, in this case, Isis who's sole intention is to destroy everything that we in the west hold dear can go and rot in hell.

Urmstongran Fri 08-Mar-19 19:44:44

I didn’t say she did bomb anyone. However she is an ISIS convert/supporter/wife of a jihadist fighter. Would I like her for a neighbour? No thanks.

Grannyben Fri 08-Mar-19 19:46:31

This baby is/was entirely innocent. He wasn't born a terrorist and cannot possibly be held responsible for the actions of his parents.
If this little one has died, I pray he rests in peace just as I hope his mother is made to account for any atrocities she may or may not have been involved in

GrannyGravy13 Fri 08-Mar-19 19:52:49

I feel nothing but disgust for ISIS, but as a mother and grandmother I have sympathy for a mother who has given birth to three babies who have subsequently died.

petra Fri 08-Mar-19 19:54:06

he wasn't born a terrorist
No he? wasn't, but chances are, if he's brought up by her and the scrote she married, he probably would be.

Urmstongran Fri 08-Mar-19 19:56:41

We should not put the lives of British people at risk for someone who supports the Manchester and London Bridge bombings.

But I’m sure she’ll be back over here in due course, although her Dutch husband hopes she can accepted in his country.

The problem with Shamima Begum is that she has broken no law and yet has allied herself to a fanatical proto-state which stands against everything this country values - and indeed which urges supporters to commit atrocities against the UK.

If we had a functioning treason law the position would be clear: she could return to face lifetime imprisonment. But due to the lack of sanctions, the likelihood is that she can return and without fear of meaningful punishment. I guess most Britons are horrified at the prospect.

crystaltipps Fri 08-Mar-19 20:01:07

Sky sources now say baby has died. Very sad. What chance did he have.

Urmstongran Fri 08-Mar-19 20:04:29

Very sad indeed. Poor innocent baby.

BlueBelle Fri 08-Mar-19 20:05:20

Oh blah blah the lives of the British who went round the world with so much care for others lives didn’t they? ?

You don’t have to support a dreadful regime to have compassion for a young person who has made mistakes and probably can see no way back but defending her decisions
We know so little of what went on in her head then or now but have so many hardened solutions

Grannyben Fri 08-Mar-19 20:06:50

I thought this post was about a baby, less than 3 weeks old, who has died. In my opinion, it is a completely separate discussion to the actions carried out by his parent.
No-one can say what he would or would not have become

B9exchange Fri 08-Mar-19 20:33:38

Whatever she has done, a tiny innocent life has been lost, and I don't believe that she is so completely brainwashed that she doesn't feel the loss as a mother. To have lost three babies by the age of 19 would be traumatic even for someone who claims the sight of severed heads in a bucket was part of normal life.

EllanVannin Fri 08-Mar-19 20:34:47

Put in an advert offering her a room in your home then Conegirl.

lemongrove Fri 08-Mar-19 20:51:39

Being a Christian doesn’t mean that you have to be gullible.
Here in the UK we don’t know what went on regarding the activities of either her or her husband, nor do we know that there were ever any children ( there may have been, but impossible to prove either way.)
As to the question of her being allowed back here,if she really doessn’t have Pakistani nationality, then I think she will legally return to the UK ( I understood it was never done to make somebody stateless.)

Gonegirl Fri 08-Mar-19 20:55:28

Not sure what being a Christian or not has got to do with it.

EV If I wanted a lodger she'd probably be as good as any other. She would be better of with her family though.

MissAdventure Fri 08-Mar-19 20:56:45

I feel totally indifferent to her.

Jalima1108 Fri 08-Mar-19 20:57:39

Apologies posted the above in wrong thread.
I was reading that very intently Grandad and getting very confused.

I only caught the tail end of the report as I had a phone call - does anyone have further information?
Children do survive against all the odds in refugee camps; if this is true and she had already lost two children I wonder if there was some other reason that the baby has died (if the report is true).

Jalima1108 Fri 08-Mar-19 21:00:46

This teenager was groomed, raped, Has she said, or is there any evidence, that she was raped.
From what she has said, she appears to to love her husband.

lemongrove Fri 08-Mar-19 21:02:30

Gonegirl......did you miss the comments about Christians on the thread from MaryE ?

There are many, many innocent people in camps due to circumstances....Begum is not one of them.
However, nobody should be stateless.

Jalima1108 Fri 08-Mar-19 21:02:43

I feel nothing but disgust for ISIS, but as a mother and grandmother I have sympathy for a mother who has given birth to three babies who have subsequently died.
I agree, GrannyGravy.
And yes, it was her choice, but without any family support either.

lemongrove Fri 08-Mar-19 21:04:06

There is no evidence that Begum was groomed, brainwashed, raped or anything else!
She and her friends enjoyed their new lives, she asked for a European husband.