Gransnet forums

News & politics

Tony Blaire

(8 Posts)
Mycatisahacker Tue 21-May-19 11:42:30

Did anyone else hear the interview with Blaire last night on LBC with Ian dale?

I was surprised to hear him say that We should either stay in the EU or leave. No half in and out which Is what Mays deal represents.

Also he said if there was another ref leave must be an option on the ballot paper.

Teetime Tue 21-May-19 13:26:20

Always a sensible chap in my view - that should start a storm of protest!

Mycatisahacker Tue 21-May-19 14:47:03

Well I have to say I think he wouldn’t have got us into this Brexit mess that’s for sure

tanith Tue 21-May-19 14:54:33

I always liked him when he was PM not so much now though.

knickas63 Tue 21-May-19 14:58:05

Sorry - when I saw the title all I could hear was Dolly from Dinner ladies. Shaking her head "Tony Blair". smile

Day6 Tue 21-May-19 14:58:44

The negotiations have been a mess - not the idea that we might be better out of the EU.

I agree. A deal with the EU was never one of the options. Leave was the choice the public made. That could have been the UK response in a very short space of time.

We could have then negotiated on our terms, our further trade arrangements with the EU.

The EU and the Euro is in big trouble. (German economic growth MINUS 0.2% March 2019) We need to bear that in mind as we deal with Brussels.

I dislike smarmy Blair with a passion. Many others have been saying either in or out and not some half-way house serves the UK best.

Mycatisahacker Tue 21-May-19 14:59:45

I know what you mean tanith but the interview was really good. Deffo worth a listen

Mycatisahacker Tue 21-May-19 15:01:19

Oh I know Day6 lots are advocating in or out but I was surprised he did.