Gransnet forums

News & politics

We must have our say

(58 Posts)
Peonyrose Thu 18-Jul-19 18:58:02

There's been 3. Years going round in circles. Just let's get out. Reduce MPs we have in the house most of them are useless anyway. I hope the churlish bad losers that couldn't accept the vote are pleased with themselves, just because they didn't understand it all. They have divided the country. I understood what I was voting for, it wasn't that difficult, rule ourselves of course.

Sara65 Thu 18-Jul-19 18:52:45

I am a remainer, but I agree with what you’re saying about the death of democracy, we’ve voted to leave, and leave we must

lemongrove Thu 18-Jul-19 18:41:36

It would certainly be the death of democracy Day6 and I can’t think it would happen, but there are no lack of Remainers who are wanting another one ( that isn’t a reason to have one of course.)

Day6 Thu 18-Jul-19 18:35:26

Last unfinished sentence not needed.

Day6 Thu 18-Jul-19 18:34:21

I am surprised that people "know how much it is going to affect" them.

I presume they are the crystal ball holders.

I know of no one, who knows for certain how much Brexit will affect them, and in that I include a friend from Latvia, now living and working in the UK, and several Brit friends in France. I also know on less intimate terms, owners of two businesses, one large and one fairly small but both export to Europe (and import from the continent too.) They have made contingency plans already for Brexit in terms of stock and future orders (if and when it finally happens.) Their EU suppliers and buyers have done the same. Now all they want is for Brexit to happen so we can all move on.

Another referendum would be the death knell of democracy. I think most recognise it shouldn't and won't happen.

Voting again whether we leave or stay

lemongrove Thu 18-Jul-19 18:27:09

Oh a second referendum I should imagine, and if that doesn’t work ( i.e. Remain wins) then probably a third referendum.

Gonegirl Thu 18-Jul-19 18:23:46

And how are we going to bring that about?

Whitewavemark2 Thu 18-Jul-19 18:06:46

With the latest figures from the government when Brexit takes place,, we must be allowed our say. None of us knew how much it was going to affect us.

Every fair minded person must recognise this.