Gransnet forums

News & politics

Boris and Cambridge Analytica

(209 Posts)
jura2 Fri 26-Jul-19 14:18:05

he was asked in the HoC yesterday 'why did you visit Cambridge Analytica in 2016?' and his reply was 'I don't know' and sat down.

Can he just be let off answering such a massively important question. His answer was hugely rude, dismissive and arrogant - but surely, and much more importantly, refusing to answer for his actions. We all now know the rôle Cambridge Analytica played in the campaign - and he has even appointed Cummings as Chief Advisor.

This is seriously concerning. What is the HoC's rules re different MPs asking the same question? It needs asking, every day, every session- until he gives an answer.

Pantglas1 Thu 01-Aug-19 18:15:50

I was one of the lowest paid member of the emergency service that I worked in for the last 10 years before I retired but I was the most well travelled and thus educated in the real world, so I, better than most, know that the earth is not flat Varian.

Like I said, cleverer folks.... I can’t be told what to think by you or your opposite number on the right.

varian Thu 01-Aug-19 18:21:07

Perhaps those that realise that the earth is not flat might like to consider again whether the UK should Remain in the EU.

Pantglas1 Thu 01-Aug-19 18:41:04

Unfortunately (for me) varian, I can see positives and negatives from staying/leaving. I wish I had the blind faith/belief that others have one way or the other.

My bete noire is bureaucracy - it costs money and is self generating and perpetuating; turkeys don’t vote for Xmas and HR departments never make themselves redundant do they?

In Wales we are blessed (!) with town councils, county councils, Welsh Assembly, Westminster and the EU. So in the last 45 years, we have added two tiers of pen/paper pusher, pension grabbing staff and for the life of me, I struggle to see where it will end.

Why don’t we have a Northern Hemisphere Bloc to keep us safe from whatever it is that being in the EU keeps us safe from?

Enough... I suspect we’ll never see eye to eye no more than me and the right wingers will.

varian Thu 01-Aug-19 19:36:38

As members on the EU we have enjoyed frictionless trade.

Have you any idea what an enormous increase in form-filling would result from brexit?

POGS Thu 01-Aug-19 20:01:09

Maizied

"We've moved on from that now, POGS..."
---

Pardon!

Who said so?

Moved on from discussing Cambridge Analytica on a thread called Boris and Cambridge Analytica. confused

POGS Thu 01-Aug-19 20:09:26

varian

"There will always be some who are immune to the evidence, who stubbornly cling to their views however nonsensical, like flat-earth believers."

"Perhaps those that realise that the earth is not flat might like to consider again whether the UK should Remain in the EU."
--
As your post was after Maizie ds post to me am I to assume the time line of your two posts means you are posting about me?

varian Thu 01-Aug-19 20:23:02

No POGS, it was not about you.

I am just puzzled that the stubborn leavers seem to be immune to all the evidence showing that any kind of brexit would damage our country in many ways..

Identifying oneself as a leaver or brexiter seems a bit akin to a religious cult

POGS Thu 01-Aug-19 20:26:15

" Identifying oneself as a leaver or brexiter seems a bit akin to a religious cult"
---

No argument there, in that GN has been a religious cult for 3 years.