Gransnet forums

News & politics

Jeffrey Epstein

(104 Posts)
Eloethan Sun 18-Aug-19 20:27:19

I got back from holiday on 8 August and assumed that there was a thread running re Jeffrey Epstein, given the huge scandal involving this man and his very high profile associates. I've looked, but I can't find one.

Is it really feasible, or believable, that Epstein - originally deemed a high suicide risk - had at his disposal the means and opportunity to hang himself. Given the sorts of powerful groups - including the British and Saudi royal families - linked to him and his child sex trafficking ring, there was a great deal of speculation preceding his death as to how long he would survive ....... and so it came to pass ....

If this story just goes away, despite the many inconsistencies relating to the manner and timing of his death, then I think we really do live in a society where the uber rich and powerful can bypass any normal principles of justice by commiting serious crimes with impunity.

gillybob Sat 24-Aug-19 07:46:13

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7389319/Ghislaine-Maxwell-secret-visits-Buckingham-Palace-Prince-Andrew.html

Posted this on the price Andrew thread but might’ve been more appropriate here? Sorry.

Anniebach Fri 23-Aug-19 17:22:40

France is now launching investigations

Callistemon Thu 22-Aug-19 18:49:02

a crash course

Next July he collides with Mars (to parody the song)

gillybob Thu 22-Aug-19 14:11:18

I thought so too GrannyGravy even if I say so myself grin

GrannyGravy13 Thu 22-Aug-19 14:07:54

gillybob - Bluddy Brilliant ????

gillybob Thu 22-Aug-19 14:05:34

My DH has a theory that JE did not commit suicide at all, it was all a set up. In reality he is really driving around space in Elon Musk's Tesla road car with his "little black book in the glove box". hmm

Strangely enough I think I heard that prince andrew was last seen at NASA taking a crash course in becoming an astronaut grin

Grannmarie Tue 20-Aug-19 23:18:11

I read a 'comedy' comment recently which said, ' We may never find out who committed J.E.'s suicide.'

gillybob Tue 20-Aug-19 23:17:51

Let’s not pretend that everything hrh does is not orchestrated . Some press secretary somewhere will tell/ advise her who she should be seen with/ where / when. Delete as appropriate .

Personally I think there’re all a bunch of creeps, who, If they weren’t so bloody rich (on tax payers money) and revered by their worshippers , would’ve been perfect candidates for Jeremy Kyle .

The rf throughout history have not changed one little bit .

merlotgran Tue 20-Aug-19 23:14:26

In the depths of my ageing memory, I remember a report about Prince Andrew 'knocking on the door' of Epstein's house and when the door was opened he asked, 'Are there any chicks here?'

It was a long time ago but it was a bone fide report.

Eloethan Tue 20-Aug-19 23:04:11

What do you mean Anniebach?

Anniebach Tue 20-Aug-19 13:36:32

Why the difference?n, when Andrew and Sarah gave their engagement interview it was so similar to the Harry and Megan interview. Sarah did quite a lot of the talking

Iam64 Tue 20-Aug-19 13:17:53

I may be wrong but my impression was that BlueBelle misread and misunderstood Chewbacca's comment about ambivalence.
What a mucky mess it all is and I agree with the negative comments about Prince Andrew and Sarah F. (doesn't mean I've hardened in my thoughts about the other 'royal couple' in the news currently)

SirChenjin Tue 20-Aug-19 11:19:55

The news on line this morning has more revelations/allegations about Andrew and Sarah Ferguson's links with Epstein

That does not surprise me at all - I always thought the Sarah/Andrew relationship was an odd one.

Chewbacca Tue 20-Aug-19 11:10:22

Nah I'll let the post stand Callistemon and let others judge it, and its author.

Anniebach Tue 20-Aug-19 10:21:44

Bluebelle you were so wrong to say that about Chewbacca,

Callistemon Tue 20-Aug-19 10:16:41

You would be within your rights to ask for that post to be deleted Chewbacca

It is a nasty post.

Chewbacca Tue 20-Aug-19 10:11:03

Strange what some people can extrapolate from a post isn't it Callistemon? hmm

Chewbacca Tue 20-Aug-19 10:00:01

How can you be ambivalent about paedophilia and sex trafficking of young girls chewbacca

Please read my post again BlueBelle. I'm fairly sure I said that I was ambivalent about the rf. I'm also fairly sure I never mentioned paedophilia or sexual trafficking. As for Meghan and Harry. .... I'm as ambivalent about them as I am about the rest of the rf. although I'm unclear as to what they have to do with the subject

Callistemon Tue 20-Aug-19 09:57:38

Bluebelle I don't think that that is what Chewbacca said at all! To misinterpret the post in that way is strange and rather shocking.

I read it that she (or he) said she really could not care less about the RF in general but that Andrew in particular makes her skin crawl ie she thinks Andrew extremely unsavoury.

Callistemon Tue 20-Aug-19 09:51:56

Eloethan what astonished me was the judge who ordered Andrew's name to be struck from the record as mention of him in connection with all this was impertinent!

impertinent ??
Why? What a strange term to use - would that be used about anyone else at all?

Anniebach Tue 20-Aug-19 09:01:55

The press are always at that part of the road on Sunday when
the Queen is at balmoral

suziewoozie Tue 20-Aug-19 08:59:02

HM - I’ll just go to church this morning sitting with Andrew next to me in the car as I do every time he’s staying at Balmoral. Oh and please ensure there’s a good press turnout.

Iam64 Tue 20-Aug-19 08:49:45

The news on line this morning has more revelations/allegations about Andrew and Sarah Ferguson's links with Epstein. Evidently, he paid a large sum of money of SF's debts. He was Andrew's guest at a couple of big RF dinners/shooting parties.
BlueBelle - excellent point at 08.04 this morning.

Anniebach Tue 20-Aug-19 08:44:43

Attending the Church service was a private matter , the Queen is on holiday

BradfordLass72 Tue 20-Aug-19 08:14:42

I still remember David Kelly, the investigator who told Tony Blair and Bush there were no weapons of mass destruction in Iraq.
When asked what would happen if Iraq were invaded, replied, "I will probably be found dead in the woods."

And he was.
None of his family believe it was suicide.