Gransnet forums

News & politics

Prince Andrew

(147 Posts)
Peonyrose Tue 20-Aug-19 07:43:12

I feel shocked and let down by the lfe style of Andrew. He is a representative of this country. Not a good example.

MawB Tue 20-Aug-19 07:45:24

What an idiot - he and Fergie were a good match in their respective choices of dubious company.
I said “idiot”, but perhaps “slimeball” is closer.

Marydoll Tue 20-Aug-19 07:57:05

I have never taken to that arrogant man. He is reputed to be the Queen's favourite son, heaven knows why!
If he was my son I would be taking him to task for his behaviour and the company he keeps and kept.
How on earth anyone could think he was a good trade ambassador for Britain, heaven knows.

BlueBelle Tue 20-Aug-19 08:00:59

I m glad someone’s started a thread after all the vitriol and scorn heaped on Meghan and Harry (oh yes I know about the travel and limited family which is all a bit silly but just really another stick to beat them with) and here we have someone who most probably was involved in criminal activity or at very best knew all about the criminal activity and continued to be part of ‘the set’ and not one thread about him until
today
Talk about double standards
Yes I m afraid Andrew is probably shxxxing himself at the moment and after the royal statement will most likely go to ground
I think slime ball is a very light word if he’s been involved in under age sex, paedophilia and possible trafficking he should be on trial but of course he won’t

Riverwalk Tue 20-Aug-19 08:12:27

His behaviour is quite extraordinary at times, particularly regarding money and his ex-wife.

According to various articles Epstein and others have bailed-out Fergie with her debts, but sometimes for silly amounts like £10,000. Surely to goodness Andrew is a wealthy man and could easily support her without enlisting the help of dubious characters, or the help of anyone for that matter!

sunseeker Tue 20-Aug-19 08:29:13

He has always come across as an entitled self important prat. I can't believe he wasn't aware of Epstein's activities. As has been said he continued the friendship even after Epstein had been imprisoned for similar offences.

As he never seems to do anything unless there is benefit for him - what was he getting out of the relationship?

I read that Epstein had a journal which he said would save him from prosecution because it contained information about so many powerful people. I hope it is found and made public

sodapop Tue 20-Aug-19 08:37:14

I'm afraid Andrew has gone through life with this sense of entitlement as sunseeker said.
I think this has caused rifts with his siblings amongst other things. I read that the D of E has had some strong words to say to him on this and other occasions.
Prince or not he should be investigated along with others involved but its doubtful this will happen.

GrannyGravy13 Tue 20-Aug-19 08:51:21

Unfortunately Prince Andrew has gone to far, and needs to be prosecuted if he has broken the law with regard to underage sex in Florida (the girl who is saying she had sex with PA was 17 at the time, and the age of consent in Florida is 18).

eazybee Tue 20-Aug-19 08:51:35

Saddened, and sickened, by this.
What happened to the popular, efficient young helicopter pilot (?) and the happy groom?
He seems to have no purpose in life, and a very dubious taste in friends.

Anniebach Tue 20-Aug-19 08:59:56

I don’t agree with him being prosecuted for having sex with a 17 year old. Did he ask her age, did he know the law in Florida . She says they did, if he say no ,what proof ?

TwiceAsNice Tue 20-Aug-19 09:03:39

He’s always made my skin crawl and he’s always thought he is so important . Hope the chickens come home to roost. I have a lot of time for some royals but definitely not him

merlotgran Tue 20-Aug-19 09:04:15

Fergie must be having the last laugh though.

'And you all thought I was a wanton hussy. grin

Oldwoman70 Tue 20-Aug-19 09:33:06

I would like to ask Andrew one question: when his daughters were ages 12, 13, 14 would he have been happy for them to spend a weekend alone with Epstein? My guess is the answer would be no.

TerriBull Tue 20-Aug-19 09:40:04

It's hard to understand when a man has daughters, and god only knows PA is precious enough with his two, why they would think it's permissible to abuse someone else's daughter/s. This is something my husband always pointed out, having a daughter heightened his disgust at the occasional comment he would hear from contemporaries who made lascivious remarks about young women. He had a business partner who would do that regularly and felt the need to say to him, "you've got a daughter that age". Now he has 4 granddaughters of varying ages he feels that just as strongly, we both do, it's hard to reconcile the over the top way PA faffs over his own daughters, treated like princesses, which unfortunately they are hmm and what would appear to be his casual disregard and possible abuse his alleged behaviour displayed towards the young woman in question, who, allegedly, was under the age of consent when the supposed liaison took place.

janipat Tue 20-Aug-19 09:46:09

Anniebach ignorance of the law is no defence in this country and I would imagine the same goes for USA. If there is evidence he has broken any laws then he should not evade prosecution because of his royal status.

Lessismore Tue 20-Aug-19 09:53:23

merlot.....naughty!

Remember the links with Saville. What a strange lot they are.

GrannyGravy13 Tue 20-Aug-19 09:56:07

Whenever we have spent time abroad, we always installed in our teenagers the local laws, especially in the USA, and Asian Countries.

I cannot believe that PA was unaware of the laws.

Anniebach Tue 20-Aug-19 10:29:02

Do all men ask for a birth certificate before having sex with a younger girl ?

Does everyone visiting America check the laws of the states where they are staying ?

Anniebach Tue 20-Aug-19 10:32:04

GrannyGravy does some responsibility not lie with the girl
encouraging a man to break the law ?

winterwhite Tue 20-Aug-19 10:51:48

I'm with Anniebach here. He's an awful man certainly with some very dubious friends and has let his family down, but the girl in question was 16 and appeared to come and go freely. Hard to see that he deserves prosecution for that.

GrannyGravy13 Tue 20-Aug-19 10:52:16

Anniebach from what I have read/heard reported these young women had been groomed from a young age as Epstein’s “toys”, alcohol and drugs were allegedly involved.

I cannot blame the young women
but I can certainly blame any wealthy privileged man who felt entitled to “use” them.

The Councillors and Police in Rotherham blamed the young girls (victims) also, fortunately the girls were believed eventually.

GrandmaJan Tue 20-Aug-19 10:54:38

Andrew’s nickname was always Randy Andy and there’s no smoke without fire.

Lessismore Tue 20-Aug-19 10:55:48

Well said GG. What a horrible thing to happen to a young girl who happened to be attractive and available.

WadesNan Tue 20-Aug-19 11:02:25

I sorry Anniebach but I have to disagree with you. These girls were coached and groomed from a very young age, it is almost like brain washing, until they just did what they were told.

Mossfarr Tue 20-Aug-19 11:08:01

BlueBelle,

I doubt PA is sh****g himself at all. He is so arrogant he is probably at most mildly irritated that anyone of us mere plebs is daring to question his actions.
He clearly thinks he is above the law - otherwise why would he continue to associate with a convicted paedophile, despite being 'warned off' by palace officials?
He is the most obnoxious member of the royal family, and that's saying something, there are plenty to choose from!