Gransnet forums

News & politics

AIBU to be slightly enjoying remainers explode with rage.

(186 Posts)
Kandinsky Wed 28-Aug-19 19:44:33

You lost.
Get over it.

Opal Thu 29-Aug-19 12:36:30

Believe me growstuff, your condescension doesn't bother me at all, it's all so predictable, it's really rather amusing. As you say, we have nothing in common, thank goodness. Please carry on being judge, jury and executioner, it really rather suits your posts.

Now that's a new one GGMK3 - "psychotic". I don't think I've heard leavers being described in that way before, maybe we should all be institutionalised for our views? grin

Great to see so many leavers joining the argument, about time.

jura2 Thu 29-Aug-19 12:37:08

Ursmston : 'Mightn’t it be wiser to just stop posting on this thread?'

oh yes please.

Hetty58 Thu 29-Aug-19 12:37:16

Forums seem to bring out the very worst in some people. I'm sure that they can't be so awful in real life. My family has a majority of leavers and a few remainers. We're all adults, all friends and respect each other's views and reasons. We can easily discuss without name-calling and it certainly isn't a competition with winners and losers!

GillT57 Thu 29-Aug-19 12:38:52

Kandinsky what a nasty goady post. Shame on you

oodles Thu 29-Aug-19 12:48:56

Spanielnanny, no one else sees the point you make how it affects the passing of other much-needed legislation. I'm sorry those who think it a good idea, to silence the mother of all Parliaments to get your way , and remember what happened when Charles 1 dismissed Parliament as they didn't do what he wanted, it's not the act of a Parliamentarian, Tony Benn has been mentioned, can't help thinking he'd be thinking if he was still with us
I don't know if OP is a racist, certainly I've never called her that, but if anyone acts in a racist way, and has racist attitudes it doesn't matter what people do or do not call them, their actions show they are racist. The only way to not show yourself as racist is not to do or say racist things or act in a racist way. Then no one will even suspect you are.

Opal Thu 29-Aug-19 12:49:03

Jura2 Opal: ' what are "my values"?'

we can only guess Opal. The values of someone who is prepared to allow people to really suffer, be it in losing their job, losing their farm, losing their right to live in the country where their family is, where they have been for a lifetime, working hard, contributing. The values of someone who is prepared for people not to get their lifesaving medicines or treatment (never mind HRT), and to see the country going down the shute and becoming vassals of Trump- with all the lowering of standards for the foods we eat, and puts our lives at risk with hormone and antibotics feed cattle and chlorinated chickens - never mind the husbandry and welfare issues, and on, and on.

Tell that to British fishermen, Jura!

Jabberwok Thu 29-Aug-19 12:50:23

Jeremy Cornyn, Diane Abbott, John Mcdonell , members of momentum?

Jabberwok Thu 29-Aug-19 12:50:41

Corbyn!

jura2 Thu 29-Aug-19 12:54:18

fishermen are now realising that No Deal will not help them at all, au contraire ...

but even if there were to be a few winners (apart from the tax evaders who rely on tax havens, and those who profit massively from the fall of Sterling, etc- you know, those in Government and their mates, including the ones who are setting up contracts with Trump and others) - you need to look at the overall picture - and the numbers who will lose, big time - mostly the weakest and poorest in society.

And if the fisherman's wife becomes very ill, or his child - what do you think he will prefer?

So, I'll take a guess - and then give this place a very wide birth. Too nasty, too inhumane, too callous - don't want this stuff in my life. Ciao.

GillT57 Thu 29-Aug-19 13:08:35

I am out too, this is a disgusting, nasty thread, and when I wonder why this country is in the mess it is in, I only have to read this to know why. Ignorant comments from some, not all of course of the Brexiteers, and a complete lack of understanding of the constitutional emergency. I cannot even begin to explain how angry and upset I am. Bye

Candelle Thu 29-Aug-19 13:37:28

Hello Minimoo.

From the mid-1940s to mid-1970s, Britain was the heaviest user of IMF resources. The word was that the IMF’s ritzy Washington HQ was paid for by the interest on UK loans.

The 1976 crisis was caused by by the belief that a country could spend its way out of a recession without any consequences. That couldn't happen again, could it.....?

growstuff Thu 29-Aug-19 13:52:57

Opal Do you have some kind of persecution complex? In what way have I behaved as judge, jury and executioner?

I thought it was those who voted to remain who are allegedly over the top.

All I've written is that your values aren't the same as mine...I wasn't the one who added "thank goodness". You have assumed something I haven't written.

You really should get yourself a metaphorical mirror.

Shoequeen53 Thu 29-Aug-19 15:27:09

Blimey, this got nasty.

notentirelyallhere Thu 29-Aug-19 15:49:26

Shoequeen, it was intended to get nasty, as soon as possible, that was the point of the post. Why do people bother to respond? The really sad thing is that someone can be in the frame of mind to post something like this to wind other people up and enjoy it.

Where does this go? To calling other people names, reviling them in public and on social media, to calling judges traitors, to issuing death threats to all manner of people because they're in the public eye and have said something you disagree with, to killing MPs and others. It's no better than being a terrorist and deciding to kill people because you don't like what they believe in, be it politics, religion or anything else.

Shameful and dangerous.

mostlyharmless Thu 29-Aug-19 16:03:13

Quite notentirely.

Fennel Thu 29-Aug-19 17:25:05

So why hasn't someone at GNHQ removed the thread?

Bridgeit Thu 29-Aug-19 17:40:22

Think about it Fennel,
As long as we all keep posting , the forum stays popular.
Also some of our comments appear in DM, which I think has a connection to GN.
It’s a business at the end of the day.

Fennel Thu 29-Aug-19 18:14:33

So maybe Gransnet can be a powerful pressure group?
There's so much rubbish in the media, perhaps we can give a more realistic balance?
No-one seems to hide their feelings on here.

Miche Thu 29-Aug-19 18:27:09

We wouldn’t be in such a mess had we not all got behind the result and made our great country look strong instead it’s being made to look weak time and time again
I think Boris is doing this to get a better deal but the message being no deal is better than a bad deal
Jc and cronies are dressing up no deal Brexit as no Brexit they are remainers ,well Corbyn is a leaver but just after his 5 minutes of fame !

Lessismore Thu 29-Aug-19 18:36:41

Run it by me, what is great about this country?

Fennel Thu 29-Aug-19 18:44:39

Cheer up - remember this? Have those days gone?
www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSTv9SHrVeE

Gonegirl Thu 29-Aug-19 18:45:59

This is a nasty thread title and the original post is nasty. More suited to Mumsnet I would say.

Fennel Thu 29-Aug-19 18:48:47

ps it doesn't mean I'm a Leaver grin

crystaltipps Thu 29-Aug-19 18:51:11

Half the country are not going to “get behind” this and if you think once Johnson has railroaded his vision everyone is going to suddenly think it is marvellous think again.

GrandmaMoira Thu 29-Aug-19 18:52:24

The post is rude, bullying and childish. Lots of leavers said this immediately after the vote and I unfriended anyone on FB who said this. I respect leavers point of view and have considered discussions with friends but saying this just makes my blood boil.