Gransnet forums

News & politics

AIBU to be slightly enjoying remainers explode with rage.

(185 Posts)
Kandinsky Wed 28-Aug-19 19:44:33

You lost.
Get over it.

Ilovecheese Wed 28-Aug-19 19:47:57

Yes, you are being unreasonable to enjoy other people being in distress.

Mossfarr Wed 28-Aug-19 19:48:58

LOL that's exactly how I feel, I just wish they would redirect their sour grapes and let us get on with it - deal or no deal!

rosecarmel Wed 28-Aug-19 19:51:04

It seems like poor sportsmanship to gloat- Not only that, something ALWAYS jumps up and bites gloaters in the you know what- Then the losers get the last laugh-

suziewoozie Wed 28-Aug-19 19:53:39

We’ve all lost - except for the rich and powerful who as we post are making millions on various currency speculations and share trading.

Sara65 Wed 28-Aug-19 19:54:19

Yes we lost, no we don’t like it, but most of us accept it, and just want to move on.

Not nice to gloat

EllanVannin Wed 28-Aug-19 19:56:16

I'm enjoying the mess we're in----I voted Remain and could see this coming.

Kandinsky Wed 28-Aug-19 19:56:37

I just find it funny that these remoaners who’ve been trying to undo a democratic vote for the past 3 years are going on about their concern for democracy.

EllanVannin Wed 28-Aug-19 19:57:32

______not gloating, couldn't give a flying whatsaname.

Daisymae Wed 28-Aug-19 19:58:06

No one voted for no deal. They, not unreasonably, expected the government to be able to negotiate their way out of a paper bag. They were wrong.

rosecarmel Wed 28-Aug-19 19:58:28

Change is messy-

jura2 Wed 28-Aug-19 19:59:28

Rira bien qui rira le dernier - biz

Dyffryn Wed 28-Aug-19 19:59:57

I am not exploding with rage, just incredibly concerned for my children’s job shame on you for gloating.

Mossfarr Wed 28-Aug-19 20:02:19

It isn't gloating its frustration at the constant blocking and all the garbage that is being bandied about.
Also, annoyance at the constant inference that those of us who voted to leave are idiots and didn't really know what we were voting for. We did !!

There won't be another referendum, the decision has been made - and those of you who think the decision would be reversed by another referendum are completely wrong. In my personal experience those of us who voted to leave are now even more certain that it is the correct choice.

lemongrove Wed 28-Aug-19 20:02:57

Sara65 ???

I think it was inevitable that the nearer we got to actually leaving the EU the more heated the rhetoric was going to be on forums.Most who voted Remain on here are like Sara65
But the minority have been positively frothing ever since the referendum.
Most people in the UK just want it to be done, the uncertainty is awful for business, for the domestic political agenda, and in a smaller way....for us all.

eazybee Wed 28-Aug-19 20:02:57

So, no distress felt during the past three years by the people who voted Leave and had to watch the determined efforts of some to overturn the result of a democratic vote?

No distress felt at the name calling, the belittling, the sneering directed at politicians and voters alike who chose to leave?

Kandinsky Wed 28-Aug-19 20:02:57

My gloating is pay back for years of being called an ignorant racist by some remainers.

All’s fair in love & war.

Urmstongran Wed 28-Aug-19 20:03:54

#GoBoris

?

Lessismore Wed 28-Aug-19 20:04:22

Oh dear, not very adult.

Bridgeit Wed 28-Aug-19 20:05:34

Yes you are.
Brexit will affect so many peoples lives, your comments
‘You lost , get over it ‘ sounds a bit childish. But there again so does ‘exploding with rage.’ I doubt it is rage , more likely to be deep concerns for this Country .

lemongrove Wed 28-Aug-19 20:06:00

Was your comment to me eazybee?
I totally agree with you, the name calling and childish insults hurled by some at Leavers has been shocking.

Peonyrose Wed 28-Aug-19 20:08:19

The people and the majority who voted leave are the ones who have had to suffer the bad losers and the delaying tactics as well as obstructive French who blocked every suggestion?

Opal Wed 28-Aug-19 20:12:47

Spot on eazybee, couldn't have said it better myself. I'm disgusted with the insults and sneers from some Remainers.

Sara65 Wed 28-Aug-19 20:15:15

My best friend voted to leave. We seem to have managed the last three years without her once gloating, or me exploding with rage!

lemongrove Wed 28-Aug-19 20:18:27

Same here Sara and I really think that will be the case for most people in the real world, as opposed to forums.