Gransnet forums

News & politics

“Trump Tower”

(16 Posts)
MawB Fri 30-Aug-19 07:50:51

Too good not to share, and let’s face it, we need all the smiles we can get!

Glammy57 Fri 30-Aug-19 07:55:39

Like it, Maw! ?

Bathsheba Fri 30-Aug-19 08:12:24

Haha, that is excellent!

EllanVannin Fri 30-Aug-19 08:20:26

Very good hahaha.

MawB Fri 30-Aug-19 08:38:35

Just looking to see if “bumping this up” makes it pear automatically in “Discussions of the Day” confused

MawB Fri 30-Aug-19 08:38:59

“Appear”

MawB Fri 30-Aug-19 08:39:14

Yep!

Elegran Fri 30-Aug-19 09:06:40

"You've done it again, HQ" has appeared! If it is just "The latest" it should be called that!

Esspee Fri 30-Aug-19 09:18:54

Elegran The posts are coming under the title "Active" which is correct.
"Discussions of the day" however usually seem to be about a week out of date.

Elegran Fri 30-Aug-19 09:28:42

I think it must bring up whichever thread has the most recent post as a Discussion of the Day, howeve boring or fatuous that thread is.

Elegran Fri 30-Aug-19 09:31:47

Esspee They are under "Discussions of the Day" on a column at the right, too. That is what we are referring to. Active is OK as Active, but Discussions of the Day implies that there is something special about them - like the Dish of the Day in a Restaurant (which is often just the thing that the kitchen has a surplus of and wants to get rid of)

MawB Fri 30-Aug-19 10:44:15

I do hope you are not accusing me of being boring or fatuous. Elegran
I need all the smiles I can get and suspect I am not alone in that!

Elegran Fri 30-Aug-19 15:23:50

I've just had an email exchange with GNHQ in which I insisted that thread about an eyelash product was coming up on D of the D and they said they have checked and it isn't. Hate to say it, but they are right and I am wrong (it does happen very occasionally!) It is very confusing though!! Some things on this site are badly designed.

Elegran Fri 30-Aug-19 15:24:26

You, Maw? Boring? Fatuous? Never!

Esspee Fri 30-Aug-19 22:00:23

So sorry Elegran to have to point this out but you are also wrong about the box on the right.
This thread was/is listed under "Active" as I said in my contribution (which you erroneously disputed).
The list of active threads shows when the heading "Active" is grey. If you want to see what GNHQ calls "Discussions of the day" touch those words. The heading will turn grey and some old threads are listed. These seem to change very slowly. I suspect they are selected by the number of posts so the heading is inaccurate. Something like "Popular threads" would be more accurate.

Whitewavemark2 Sun 01-Sep-19 07:30:36

Just as an aside.

The rumour of Trumps health seem to be gaining traction.

The general opinion is that he is suffering from Frontotemperal dementia and American doctors think that he will be in a wheel chair before long.

I must admit reading the symptoms I can certainly understand why they may think he is suffering a form of dementia, he pretty much shows many of the symptoms.

Poor soul.