Gransnet forums

News & politics

How dare brexiteers jeopardise my daughter's life!!

(206 Posts)
humptydumpty Mon 23-Sep-19 18:53:31

I was musing to myself recently about the down sides (of which there seem to be many possible) of Brexit, and thinking, in return there must be some positive advantages? - but I couldn't think of a single one. So why are we doing this? the word 'lemmings' comes to mind...

grapefruitpip Mon 23-Sep-19 18:50:22

Very sad for you mcem, at last a real live example from somebody who isn't ranting or part of a cabal or rabid.

Would any body from the Leave camp care to comment?

Whitewavemark2 Mon 23-Sep-19 18:45:10

Have you seen the lists of medicines likely to be in short supply?

growstuff Mon 23-Sep-19 18:42:12

I saw that vox pop interview and couldn't believe it. The man quite literally said he was prepared to do without his insulin and die for Brexit. I honestly don't get why he thinks Brexit is worth that. Bonkers! I'm anti-Brexit but it's not worth dying for!

I've tried not to worry about my meds. I have to take a small cocktail of them, but I would probably be OK for a few days without them. Any longer than that and I'd have problems. I rang the pharmacist this morning because it's been two weeks since I ordered my repeat prescription and apparently two of the medicines aren't available yet. In all the years I've been taking them, I've never had any problems. Coincidence or not? I don't know, but I've just ordered the next month's supply.

Matt Hancock has finally admitted that some delay is expected. He's warned that there is likely to be a delay of a few days, but I wonder what the truth is. I'm afraid I don't trust any of them to tell the truth about the real state of affairs.

Fingers crossed for your daughter and ex-husband. Wish I could do more!

varian Mon 23-Sep-19 18:38:14

It is utterly shameful mcem that your daughter and her father are literally threatened with a higher risk of death by the mindless brexit nonsense.

Which normal caring person would ever have voted for this?

mcem Mon 23-Sep-19 18:25:25

My daughter has serious chronic health problems.
After an ileostomy, she depends on drugs to keep her digestive system working.
She has serious kidney problems with resulting UTI's and so needs specific antibiotics. Her GP today, while prescribing for her latest UTI has given her several weeks worth of antibiotics as a precaution. She'll inevitably need them over the next few months so now has a reserve supply.
Meantime, her father (my ex husband but a good friend) is equally concerned about his diabetes med's.
One brexiteer declared in a vox pop interview last week that he is prepared to do without his insulin if it means brexit goes ahead!
Well tell that to my daughter's two children (9 and 10)!!
How can anyone in their right mind accept/condone the fact that it's becoming ever clearer that normal folks like my family may suffer badly because of their short-sighted and uncaring attitudes - and that's before we get into the economics, the dishonesty and the self-serving politics of this chaos!