Gransnet forums

News & politics

Boris meeting Irish PM

(10 Posts)
glammanana Thu 10-Oct-19 12:29:16

Boris is in my area meeting up with Irish PM wonder what the outcome will be.?
They are meeting 10mins away from my home at a smart Manor House in Thornton Hough after the Irish PM arrived at JLennon Airport in Liverpool,why all the secrects about the meeting.

Riverwalk Thu 10-Oct-19 12:52:07

Indeed glamma - I noticed this morning on the radio bulletins they were saying the meeting is in "the north west of England". I thought I was listening to the World Service as that's the sort of thing they say.

All rather coy. hmm

Riverwalk Thu 10-Oct-19 12:58:08

Apparently Thornton Manor is a 'dream wedding venue' shock

glammanana Thu 10-Oct-19 14:01:20

Maybe Boris will ask for a quote for his next wedding whilst he is there.
Riverwalk you are so right it is an outstanding venue I have been lucky enough to have been invited a couple of times.

Urmstongran Thu 10-Oct-19 14:10:29

I think it’s because Boris isn’t popular in Liverpool (‘where IS he popular’ shout the Remainers ha!) after he wrote an article about Hillsborough for ‘The Spectator’.

Jane10 Thu 10-Oct-19 14:40:13

Did he not make an abject apology to the people if Liverpool? I vaguely remember something about that.

growstuff Thu 10-Oct-19 15:29:16

Johnson is marginally less unpopular in Liverpool than Rupert Murdoch.

paddyann Thu 10-Oct-19 17:52:51

Is Boris allowed to meet intelligent ,articulate adults without taking a minder? I hope the Irish PM remembers his quip "why isn't he called Murphy like the rest of them" when he tells him what to do with his border..The British border in Ireland Not the Irish border ,thats the sea .

Jane10 Thu 10-Oct-19 19:12:22

Varadker looks like a cheery chap. I suspect he likes a laugh - and he'll get one with Boris around!!

varian Thu 10-Oct-19 19:19:50

I think this meeting was all about not being the one to blame when the "talks" fail - a game of pass the parcel.