Gransnet forums

News & politics

bloody whinging royals

(493 Posts)
paddyann Fri 18-Oct-19 22:45:32

we had Harry all over the "news" earlier now his wife has joined in with the whinging about how hard their life is!! Honestly ..they should have to live the lives of millions in this country and then they would know how HARD life can get .Why is it NEWS anyway? If its so hard they can always walk away .

merlotgran Fri 18-Oct-19 22:49:58

I agree with you, paddyann but I think it's only Harry and Meghan and not any of the others.

They don't seem to know when to stop and will surely be losing their popularity even amongst the most diehard of royal fans.

Anniebach Fri 18-Oct-19 22:52:38

If it’s part of their interview to be shown on Sunday I think he will also speak of his suffering by the press and his mother

SirChenjin Fri 18-Oct-19 22:56:18

I agree paddyann - they need to stop the whining about how hard their lives are. If they want to know what hard really means then they could try living on a minimum (or even median) wage, in a small 2 bed house, juggling 40 hour a week jobs with no outside help at all. I’m thoroughly sick of the pair of them.

Urmstongran Fri 18-Oct-19 23:03:30

I’m not a particular fan but in fairness, money or not, she has been thrust into the world spotlight - seemingly without much help from her own friends and family.

I realise she chose all this life but with so many huge changes, I guess it’s understandable she feels a bit wobbly now and again.

SueDonim Fri 18-Oct-19 23:12:50

I agree, too. The 'poor me' stuff is going too far. They're not doing themselves any favours. I'm sure everyone will have sympathy for the tragedy in Harry's life but it's hard to see what he hopes to gain from all this. I don't know if they're pushing their mental health agenda by trying to show they're the same as the rest of us but perhaps it is time they listened to others instead of talking.

I'm actually quite sad there's been this change in Harry. He strikes me as being rather unhappy.

SirChenjin Fri 18-Oct-19 23:13:47

She might be better to keep a low profile by opening a few community centres and acting as patron to some charities while she’s getting used to this incredibly privileged life she seems to find so unpleasant (as a feminist and as a woman etc etc)

merlotgran Fri 18-Oct-19 23:27:44

She's an actress who wanted the world spotlight.

No good whingeing now.

Urmstongran Fri 18-Oct-19 23:33:52

I think Harry is struggling with his mental health. The rift with his brother won’t have helped. He will probably be aware he has lost popularity too.

That said, he doesn’t help himself. The other day at some childrens’ award for poorly kids, Gaby someone-or-other (I’m useless at knowing who sleds are) gave him a hug. My first thought was ‘hey, this isn’t about YOU, Harry’.

Then I was incensed to tap on a small clip of it and discover he had actually glanced over at Meghan and leant forward because he was actually giggling. It shocked me to be honest. I think he’s playing us for fools.

merlotgran Fri 18-Oct-19 23:40:35

Heavens, was he giggling? shock

They both need a good talking to but I doubt Charles will do it.

merlotgran Fri 18-Oct-19 23:46:53

I've just watched that bit of the News on +1.

I would say give the girl an Oscar but I was far more impressed by Kate playing down a pretty scary flight and thanking the RAF crew.

Jane10 Sat 19-Oct-19 07:03:02

I actually agree with paddyann. (What a shock). This privileged pair need to take a long look at themselves, their benefits and blessings, and shut up about how hard done by they are.

Ginny42 Sat 19-Oct-19 07:20:51

Perhaps a guided tour of some of our town centres with people sleeping in doorways, or a visit to some cheap hostels where families are being housed in one room, would bring them to a realistic understanding of what life is like for some people in this country.

Urmstongran is being very kind saying she hasn't had support from her friends and family, but didn't she make it more than plain that she doesn't want anything to do with them?

They need to get out in the community and do something useful for those less fortunate than themselves. Now that would be really impressive and no, writing messages on bananas doesn't count.

EllanVannin Sat 19-Oct-19 07:43:02

To be perfectly honest I don't think Harry's got over the death of his mother. During his speech this week when he choked back tears, it shouldn't be happening after all these years. Yes, it was a tragic event and it's terrible when you lose a parent anyway, but because he'd been thrown into the " stiff upper-lip " brigade so soon after her death and him being so young at the time it's quite clear that he hadn't gone through the grieving process as normal.

His fear is such that it must scare him in case there's another tragedy of sorts. I think for the time being that there's a halt on these intrusions until he's strong enough to face the world without breaking down.

I view this from a humane point of view and not the fact that he's a royal so much. He shouldn't be breaking down at the mention of his mother ! It'll rub off on Meghan and also that child as he grows up.
William has moved on in that respect though I don't doubt that he thinks of his mother but Harry clearly hasn't.

Ginny42 Sat 19-Oct-19 07:46:48

I must have misunderstood the reason for his tears. I thought I read that it was about how emotional be felt when Meghan first told him he was going to be a father. That I can understand.

annep1 Sat 19-Oct-19 07:47:41

I haven't seen this news yet but Paddyann is right. And Meghan knew what she was doing when she married Harry. She wants to have her cake and eat it. They can walk away any time. Why don't they ??
I'm not a supporter of the RF but I too was impressed by how Kate spoke about the scary flight.

notanan2 Sat 19-Oct-19 07:52:08

He is MAKING it hard.

He is on a dysfunctional mission to walk in Dianas footsteps. To try to recreate her life and her work. Even though he hates every second of being a working life.

It is very unhealthy.

notanan2 Sat 19-Oct-19 07:57:05

As for M. I feel sorry for her in that H expecting her to be Di mark 2 and refusing to carve their own path must be awful but:

Enough working royal mums have gone before her for her to easily have expected the lifestyle, unless she thought she was a special exception

And

Have you read the "leaked" letter to her father? It was addressed to him but clearly written with 3rd party audiences in mind. So shes not that much of an innocent

Scentia Sat 19-Oct-19 07:59:19

He was emotional because he was remembering Meghan telling him she was pregnant at the time of the last Child Awards. I assume he giggled because he was a little embarrassed.

It may be difficult for people to understand but no amount of privilege will make your life easier if you are struggling to cope with your mental health.

I do think they should maybe walk away from the royal family if Harry is finding life so hard, it will just radiate on to his wife and child if he carries on in this way.

petra Sat 19-Oct-19 08:01:37

I wonder if Megan has heard the saying: be careful what you wish for 🤔
Here's some free advice Harry & Megan: when in hole, stop digging.

notanan2 Sat 19-Oct-19 08:07:05

They could go back to their A lister buddies and live an A lister life in america behind gates and walls in a luxury coddled A lister bubble

But he insists that he MUST follow Di's footsteps. He hates working royal life. He is not cut out for it. He regularly tantrums against it. Butbhe has decided that he HAS to do it " 'cause Di!"

JenniferEccles Sat 19-Oct-19 08:15:27

The thing to be clear about here is that grief is NOT a mental illness.

Grief is a perfectly natural response to the death of a loved one, and it's very wrong to confuse it with genuine mental illness.

Harry and Meghan seem to on a very slippery slope at the moment as in everything they say seems to be about them - how hard done by they are - how hard their life is, and it's extraordinary that they appear to have no awareness of how ridiculous all this whinging comes across to the rest of us.

This couple are clearly in need of guidance, but it seems as if other royals and aides are reluctant to say anything.

Oldwoman70 Sat 19-Oct-19 08:35:32

It is heartening to see so many GNs showing sympathy for a woman who has married, moved to a new country, had a child and may be suffering from post natal depression - all whilst being in the media spotlight.

I have no strong feeling about the RF one way or the other but I do have a modicum of human kindness and can't understand the intense dislike of this woman - who incidentally no GN actually knows

GrannyGravy13 Sat 19-Oct-19 08:46:00

Harry wasn't giggling he was trying not to cry! He said he found the awards more emotional now that he was a parent and that this time last year only he and Meghan knew that she was pregnant.

In a small clip of the programme to be shown on Sunday? he says that every time he sees a camera flash it reminds him of'how his mother died. He lost his mother when he was a young boy, no money or luxury can replace her.

Both of them are involved with various charities, we only get to see/know about what they choose or the press get wind of.

They do have a luxurious life, but wealth doesn't equate to health and happiness.

Whitewavemark2 Sat 19-Oct-19 08:53:44

oldwoman

I’m with you on this one.

I am a republican and would get rid of the RF and more particularly what they represent in the blink of an eye, but I am also human and am appalled at the lack of humanity being shown on this thread.