Gransnet forums

News & politics

For brexiters only please.

(792 Posts)
aprilrose Sun 20-Oct-19 15:53:29

I would just like one thread for brexiters only please.

I voted leave. I would vote leave again and again and again. There has been nothing to change my mind. I have been hardened by the views of remainers.

I would really like to talk to other brexit minded posters.
Thanks.

suziewoozie Sun 20-Oct-19 18:12:35

growstuff on another day, another time I might do that but today, ain’t gonna happen.

Boosgran Sun 20-Oct-19 18:15:19

Hi aprilrose another leaver here. Forgive me if I don’t respond to the continuing insults of some remainers on GN and I’m not explaining to anyone why I voted leave but would do so again if there was to be another referendum which is highly unlikely. I would add that if leave had lost the vote in 2016 I would have respected and accepted the result and moved on. It seems to me that some remainers just cannot accept the result of the referendum. Hopefully the deal Boris has negotiated next week will go through and we can all move on.

Labaik Sun 20-Oct-19 18:15:21

I think this thread is a good idea and look forward to reading some constructive comments about Brexit.....

suziewoozie Sun 20-Oct-19 18:15:26

If Brexiters want a really safe space to share their views, they could PM each other or set up a private FB group. If they want to share their views on here, on a public open forum, then they must accept and expect responses from those with different views. Tough

Dottynan Sun 20-Oct-19 18:16:53

It would be lovely to see a grown up discussion on Gransnet with out insults being traded from EITHER side

suziewoozie Sun 20-Oct-19 18:17:04

I would be making all these points on any thread that was deliberately set up to exclude people

Drum1234 Sun 20-Oct-19 18:17:11

Each leaver on this thread has said they had their reasons for voting to leave, which I'm sure were relevant to them, but they've also said they are not going to share them. Why? Genuine question, because if you're not going to divulge your reasons, or say what actual positive things you think will happen when we leave, what's the point in having a discussion about it at all?

aprilrose Sun 20-Oct-19 18:19:23

Don’t be so ridiculous - allowing a whole thread to just bad mouth Remainers

There is no intention to bad mouth remainers. many can do that well enough for themselves. I was envisaging a place free from them so that we didnt have to think about them but rather discuss leaving the EU.

Gaunt47 Sun 20-Oct-19 18:22:45

I voted to leave, and would do so again, like other posters on this thread. And I thought the thread title perfectly acceptable. We don't need to start a FB page or PM each other, the title says it all doesn't it? confused

Dottynan Sun 20-Oct-19 18:23:07

There is nothing wrong with that Aprilrose it makes sense as soon as remainers join in it becomes difficult and gets waylaid

GabriellaG54 Sun 20-Oct-19 18:23:37

Rogues Letwin, Rudd et al change boats mid-sstream.
All I can say is TGFT...

suziewoozie Sun 20-Oct-19 18:24:35

You may have wanted that april but you’d no right to even begin to expect it. Why want a one sided discussion anyway?

suziewoozie Sun 20-Oct-19 18:27:03

The title can say what it wants - my mother used to say’I want never gets’. Why are Brexiters so against open debate about the advantages of leaving the EU?

aprilrose Sun 20-Oct-19 18:27:38

So, here goes, when, ..... if.... we manage to get out of the EU on October 31st as I am still hoping, I have decided as I indicated earlier to have a little celebration. No street parties, just a few sparklers in the back garden and nice supper for my family.

I will be so happy. Happiness is always fleeting but for me it will be a new beginning. A change to look forward to. I hope to see more positive people around me for a start.

I also think I may well feel an element of relief. The end of the EU era.

mcem Sun 20-Oct-19 18:28:46

Will pop in occasionally without criticising but simply to read the posts extolling the advantages and benefits of leaving. Good luck with that.
One small hitch.
If we take BJ at his word shouldn't he be 'dead in a ditch' by now since he preferred that to asking for an extension?

aprilrose Sun 20-Oct-19 18:29:56

suziewoozie, take a step back and look at yourself. I dont care what you think. This is a place of positive new starts and looking forward in hope I accept because there is nothing done yet and 11 days is a long time..... but we are still counting .
Come on Boris!

suziewoozie Sun 20-Oct-19 18:31:33

But april why will you be happy? How will your everyday life change on 1 November? How will the UK be a better place? Asking for the majority of the population btw

suziewoozie Sun 20-Oct-19 18:32:28

Well come on april examples please.

aprilrose Sun 20-Oct-19 18:35:00

It isnt over till the fat one sings. Boris is big enough. If he is in a ditch dying, I will have sympathy for him. Then we will need a General Election to show what we really think. I have my MP's number booked and I will vote. The one thing you can count on me for. I will exercise my democratic rights.

aprilrose Sun 20-Oct-19 18:36:09

No suziewoozie you are not asking for the majority. You are trying to goad. It wont work.

trisher Sun 20-Oct-19 18:39:12

Leavers have apparently voted leave because it made them happy when they voted and on the next day. Would it be very wrong for me to point out that there are drugs which give the same sensation and leave the rest of us in peace?
I also think that if they need a thread to themselves some of them must be feeling very sensitive.

Eloethan Sun 20-Oct-19 18:39:44

It is, of course, provocative to say that only those with a particular view should comment on a thread. No doubt that was the objective because a thread on which everyone agreed would be pointless since there would be nothing to discuss.

BlueBelle Sun 20-Oct-19 18:46:03

No wonder the country is split in half
Don’t you dare come on my territory !
How daft a group all agreeing with one another You pat my back and I ll pat yours anyone else can keep out of this exclusive club ???

aprilrose Sun 20-Oct-19 18:48:15

There is plenty to discuss Eloethan. How we might move forward for one. Up until now we have been stuck rehearsing the same arguments that have been made for three years. No movement has been made.

There is a future out there. We need to explore it. One way is to just start to think about what happens in the days to come if we are successful at last and we leave the EU.

Of course there are many iffs and maybes at the moment but we need plans for the future.

My first is to have the long awaited party. Then I will go to work . I might put up a big poster on the wall somewhere with some relevant comment about democracy. I have my own room and my own wall for this to go on and it is allowed where I work.

aprilrose Sun 20-Oct-19 18:51:11

we all like to talk to those with whom we agree. Talking constantly to those who disagree becomes negative and depleting. This is about being positive. I have gained one positive thing this evening. I now know there are others here who share my view and feelings. Thats good. often when surrounded by the beying hounds it is hard to feel anything except totally alone.

I do not mind that such people do not break cover and join debate often. Its just to know they are there.